PDA

View Full Version : Pool Shot Diagraming Software?

Billy_Bob
01-27-2005, 09:49 AM
As I learn new shots, I like to diagram them so I can practice them. Also when I play in tournaments and mess up, I like to diagram the table layout so I can practice it.

I have adobe photoshop and can make nice diagrams, but it takes a lot of time to make each diagram. (Rather be practicing than making diagrams.)

Is there any "quick and easy" pool shot diagraming software available?

Where to get?

Pied Piper
01-27-2005, 09:54 AM
I find that if you do a really nice diagram of a pool table from above, no balls on the table. Just head spot and any dotted lines. I have actually tried to do it to scale in autocad. You can get pretty good diagrams. I just printed ran to staples and had a note book printed up for me, so I can draw on it. That actually has worked the best. By the time I get to the computer, my memory starts to change things around. But if you are handing with a PC autocad, or JASC Paint Shop Pro, worked out awesome.

Fred Agnir
01-27-2005, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> As I learn new shots, I like to diagram them so I can practice them. Also when I play in tournaments and mess up, I like to diagram the table layout so I can practice it.

I have adobe photoshop and can make nice diagrams, but it takes a lot of time to make each diagram. (Rather be practicing than making diagrams.)

Where to get?
<hr /></blockquote>Is making screen shots from the WEI table what you're looking for?

Fred

dr_dave
01-27-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Billy_Bob:</font><hr> As I learn new shots, I like to diagram them so I can practice them. Also when I play in tournaments and mess up, I like to diagram the table layout so I can practice it.

Where to get?<hr /></blockquote>
Links to instructions on how to use the Wei pool table mentioned by Fred can be found on another thread (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=172787&amp;page =&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=).

I've used CorelDraw for all artwork in my book and articles. It was difficult at first building up a set of accurate building blocks (table, cue stick, balls, etc.), but now it is an easy copy and paste job to make new illustrations. Adobe Illustrator is another good drawing program.