PDA

View Full Version : Love & Marriage

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 12:23 PM
As a public service, I'm posting this,(abridged) from The Teachings of Buddha, in the hope, that maybe one marriage can be saved.
When a young woman marries, she should make the following resolutions: I must honor and serve the parents of my husband. they have given us all the advantages we have and are our wise protectors.
I must cultivate my mind so that I will be able to understand my husband, nad be able to help him in his work. I must never be indifferent to his interests.
I will conserve the income of my husband, and will not waste it forany selfish purpose

There are seven types of wives:
the wife who is like a murderer, has an impure mind, and does not honor her husband....and turns her heart to another man.
the wife who is like a thief, never understanding her husband's labor...she wastes his income, and by doing so, steals from him
the wife who is like a master. she rails at her husband, neglects the housekeeping, and scolds him with rough words.
the wife who is like a mother, who cares for her husband as if he were a child, and takes care of his income
the wife who is like a sister, faithful, and serves him with modesty and reserve.
the wife who is like a friend. she is modest, behaves correctly, and treats him with great respect.
Lastly, there is the wife who is like a maid-servant...who serves her husbamd well, and with fidelity, She respects him, obeys his commands, has no wishes of her own, no ill-feeling, no resentment, and always tries to make him happy.
In the parable, Sujata, the wife, becomes ashamed of her past, determines to become like the last example, become his helper...

" And they lived happily ever after...."

Mr Ingrate
01-27-2005, 12:46 PM
What a strange world you live in master jack. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sid_Vicious
01-27-2005, 01:52 PM
Push a button and make me a Stepford model and I will me happy ever after...sid

Wally_in_Cincy
01-27-2005, 02:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> make me a Stepford model <hr /></blockquote>

with a "mute" button /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stretch
01-27-2005, 02:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> As a public service, I'm posting this,(abridged) from The Teachings of Buddha, in the hope, that maybe one marriage can be saved.
When a young woman marries, she should make the following resolutions: I must honor and serve the parents of my husband. they have given us all the advantages we have and are our wise protectors.
I must cultivate my mind so that I will be able to understand my husband, nad be able to help him in his work. I must never be indifferent to his interests.
I will conserve the income of my husband, and will not waste it forany selfish purpose

There are seven types of wives:
the wife who is like a murderer, has an impure mind, and does not honor her husband....and turns her heart to another man.
the wife who is like a thief, never understanding her husband's labor...she wastes his income, and by doing so, steals from him
the wife who is like a master. she rails at her husband, neglects the housekeeping, and scolds him with rough words.
the wife who is like a mother, who cares for her husband as if he were a child, and takes care of his income
the wife who is like a sister, faithful, and serves him with modesty and reserve.
the wife who is like a friend. she is modest, behaves correctly, and treats him with great respect.
Lastly, there is the wife who is like a maid-servant...who serves her husbamd well, and with fidelity, She respects him, obeys his commands, has no wishes of her own, no ill-feeling, no resentment, and always tries to make him happy.
In the parable, Sujata, the wife, becomes ashamed of her past, determines to become like the last example, become his helper...

" And they lived happily ever after...." <hr /></blockquote>

Ya...right. "Who's your buddha now". lol St.

Chopstick
01-27-2005, 02:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>

<font color="blue">This is what you think you get... </font color>

<font color="blue">This is what you really get... </font color>

<hr /></blockquote>

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 03:11 PM
The Blessed One visited a young boy, that was trying too hard to seek enlightment. Taking pity, he said"Srona, my boy, did you ever study the harp at your home? You know that a harp does not make music if the strings are wound to tight, or too loose. It makes music only when the strings are stretched just right"

Perhaps, your strings have been stretched too tight...go with peace....lol

Sid_Vicious
01-27-2005, 04:07 PM
There is no way you will ever know how well you "hit the current nerve" in me today on this projection of opinion Chopstick. It may just be me, and I might take this a bit too seriously, but I'm beginning to think that the females us nice(mid-life) guys want to hang onto are never-more,,,conditioned over time to act themselves like those a-holes they'd probably been mis treated by, ones they poorly chose earlier, and stuck with...why? We have damaged goods, what else is there to say...sid /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

highsea
01-27-2005, 04:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Push a button and make me a Stepford model and I will me happy ever after...sid <hr /></blockquote>Be careful what you wish for.

I had a GF like that. She would not make a decision. I had to call her up every day and tell her what to make for dinner. She demanded this, she would get extremely pissed if I didn't do it. She wanted me to come home and find her in high heels and an apron every day. No sh*t, she thought she was June Cleaver.

It drove me crazy. She would actually get upset if I asked her what she wanted to do, or where she wanted to go when we went out. There's such a thing as too subservient. That relationship didn't last, I felt like a dictator.

SecaucusFats
01-27-2005, 07:41 PM
My wife and I have a good arrangement.

She leaves the toilet seat down. I leave it up. When she needs to use it she puts it back down, when I need to use I put it back up.

She cooks it, I eat it. I cook it, she eats it.

We share the housework 50/50.

We each put 10% of our income into a 401k, we pool our money pay all the bills, of the remaining money we give 10% to charity, save another 10%, and split the rest in half and spend it as each sees fit.

Once a week we go out for dinner and a movie. The rest of the time she can do what she likes and so can I.

Like all couples we sometimes argue, but both of us have a zero tolerance policy for violence. It's simple if either one ever hits the other it's over, no second chances.

We don't keep secrets from each other; and we always let each other know where we will be when either one goes out.

We treat each other with respect, love and affection. Oh, and one other thing, we don't discuss politics at home she's a Liberal Democrat and you all know my views. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

stickman
01-27-2005, 10:42 PM
I've been married 4 times and haven't gotten it right yet. If I had the same luck playing pool, I'd give it up for checkers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
01-28-2005, 07:02 AM
What a nice story SF. You two sound a lot like us. After forty-two years, almost, (Feb 9) I love him more every day.
When people ask our secret, the reply is always the same...Trust, Respect, shared interests and goals, and a mutual love of life.

We spoil one another, and love doing it. I'm a lucky gal, and I never forget that.

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

hondo
01-28-2005, 07:41 AM
Right on, Highsea. I was going to tell him the same thing
till I read your post.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Sid_Vicious:</font><hr> Push a button and make me a Stepford model and I will me happy ever after...sid <hr /></blockquote>Be careful what you wish for.

I had a GF like that. She would not make a decision. I had to call her up every day and tell her what to make for dinner. She demanded this, she would get extremely pissed if I didn't do it. She wanted me to come home and find her in high heels and an apron every day. No sh*t, she thought she was June Cleaver.

It drove me crazy. She would actually get upset if I asked her what she wanted to do, or where she wanted to go when we went out. There's such a thing as too subservient. That relationship didn't last, I felt like a dictator.
____________________________________ <hr /></blockquote>

Fred Agnir
01-28-2005, 08:20 AM
I didn't know where to write this, but I guess here's as good as any. I love my wife. And I fall more in love with her every day. We've had our ups and downs, but now 14 years into our marriage, we've been up and up and can't remember the last down.

I love her.

She is everything to me.
She is my best friend
My confidante
My lover

She is all that I am
All that I breathe
All that I dream

Most of you haven't met my wife, though she lets me tromp across the country on various pool events. She never really has the desire to go with me, unless the place is exotic. VF and Louisville aren't exactly on that list. Las Vegas, maybe.

My Wife (http://home.comcast.net/~ohagnir1/Picture_7_004_400.jpg)

Thanks for letting me mush for a minute.

Fred

Gayle in MD
01-28-2005, 08:38 AM
What a beautiful post Fred. And, what a beautiful wife! As in your relationship, although we usually share our interests, when one can't go for some reason, the other is encouraged to go and enjoy.

Nothing makes me happier than knowing that Jim is enjoying himself. He deserves the very best.

BTW, it was such a pleasure meeting you last year in VF. Going to splurge this year and get myself a fancy stick, now that I have played long enough to determine what dimentions are best for me. Still love that little number I got last year though. That was my third cuestick purchase. I still like my 1st McDermott, but that little number I got last year really honed in the weight and diameter that is best for me. Now I am ready to spend some bucks!

If you're ever in our area, Annapolis Md., let me know so we can get together.

Take care friend, and all the best to you and your family.
Love,
Gayle in Md.

Barbara
01-28-2005, 08:56 AM
That was sweet Fred!

Now someone ask me why my license plate reads "PSILUVU". /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

stickman
01-28-2005, 09:33 AM
Fred, you're a lucky man. I'm happy for you. I guess I was just destined to be a single. Barbara, I'm curious, why does your license plate read "PSILUVU"?

Barbara
01-28-2005, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> Fred, you're a lucky man. I'm happy for you. I guess I was just destined to be a single. Barbara, I'm curious, why does your license plate read "PSILUVU"? <hr /></blockquote>

Read all about it here... (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=156320&amp;Foru m=All_Forums&amp;Words=psiluvu&amp;Match=Entire%20Phrase&amp;S earchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=6months&amp;Main=156213&amp;Searc h=true#Post156320) /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara

stickman
01-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Barbara, I'm happy for you as well! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jim

wolfdancer
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Nice posts from both you and Fred.......
now this "good wife" thing works sorta like the
APA....if you noticed, the first few examples
were not team players....and if you think of
wife #7 as an APA 7....well, it gives you something
to strive for....