PDA

View Full Version : Spectator chair

cdoo932
01-27-2005, 02:41 PM
I am looking for a spectator chair or the double kind with a table in between them.Where is the best place to buy? Thanks.

Greg in VA
01-27-2005, 02:55 PM
Where are you located? Mueller's has some in their catalog but they are expensive and don't look all that comfy (aware that comfort is subjective)
I live in central VA and got a set of 4 from C.P.Dean from Richmond. They are solid oak with black leather cushions. The also carried fabrics in many colors and patterns. They gave me a great deal on them and threw in a pub table which they delivered to my home (80mi. one way) The table was warped on the top and they delivered another and even let me keep the warped one! THEY WERE AND ARE AWESOME TO DEAL WITH! I get nothing but compliments from ALL my company on my chairs.

Paul_Mon
01-27-2005, 03:36 PM
This isn't what you're looking for but they make nice spectator chairs. Got these on sale at Value City Furniture for about $100 each.
http://community.webshots.com/photo/199940479/199948001cRHsWc

Paul Mon

bsmutz
01-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I'd check around locally. We found a killer deal on a couple of chairs at a local furniture store. The chairs were made in Wilsonville, OR with a cushioned seat and back, cup holder, cue stick notch on cup holder, and a platform under the seat that slides out either side to put food or whatever on. IMO this type of purchase is better made when you can try them out before hand. Also any problems or defects can be sorted out as well. If a furniture store sits on something long enough, they are more willing to give you a break on the price.

Popcorn
01-27-2005, 06:43 PM
Depending what you are looking for, you can find cool stuff at thrift shops and garage sales. Not to save money but to find things you would never find anywhere else. I found an old church pew I have in my hallway. In the billiard room we have 1950's type stuff. I have big kettle lights over the table like you will see in the movie the Hustler. I paid $5.00 each for them and just had to upgrade the wiring. Don't be in a hurry and you never know what you may find. The thing with spectator chairs is they have to be higher so you can see the table, but that can be solved if you have the room by building a spectator platform then any chairs you choose will work, they don't have to be just pool spectators chairs. Its fun to do something original and creative instead of the same old - same old.

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 06:46 PM
Bill, I go to Wilsonville about once a month,
to go to Fry's....does that store still have
the same deal?

cdoo932
01-28-2005, 07:01 AM
I am in upstate NY.There is a local pool shop but he wants way to much for his chairs.I can get a nice double chair with a table in between for $260 plus $100 shipping on e-bay.Seems like a good deal cause I have seen the same chair going for $499 and up.Any other ideas? Heres where its going-
http://community.webshots.com/user/cdoo932

Paul_Mon
01-28-2005, 08:56 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cdoo932:</font><hr> I am in upstate NY. <hr /></blockquote>

How far Upstate? I'm in Rochester and Tommy T is 30 miles west of me.

Paul Mon

cdoo932
01-29-2005, 09:17 AM
By Cooperstown.Also by Utica.

Fasteddy7
01-29-2005, 09:39 AM
does anyone have or know where to find the plans to make chairs like @ muellers.