PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody here....

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
actually play pool?

SecaucusFats
01-27-2005, 06:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> actually play pool? <hr /></blockquote>

I practice about 10 hrs a week and I play on Tuesday nights with an APA team (in-house division) at an area Pool Hall. I also play Saturday nights in a weekly bar-box 9 Ball Tournament (placed 1st 6 times in 6 months). I also play another 8-10 hours a week split between the 9 ft tables and the bar table playing with friends. My favorite games are 9 Ball, 8 Ball, and Straight.

My dad once owned a bar and I started playing on the bar table at the age of 12. I played there and in a pool hall quite often until I graduated from High School and went into the Marines. I stopped playing for years, and then began playing regularly again about 14 years ago.

I'm no world-beater but I can definitely hold my own and I am not afraid to play anyone. Chances are quite good that if I get a good break, or my opponent misses, and the table is run-able, I will run out. My straight pool game is a little weak, mostly cause I have a hard time finding someone who knows, and wants, to play the game. I do manage to get a game of straight to 150 about once a month. My high run in straight is 50.

Currently I have six shooting cues, one break/jump, one break cue, and one jump cue. I have two leather Instroke cases and one Porper. I also have a huge collection of instructional videos and DVD's and 55 books on pool.

So yeah, I plays a little. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

SF

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Maybe we should abandon all this politics, and get back to pool.
I just can't set up the break shot, in straight pool, and never get past the second rack...so I'm in awe of a run of 50.
I've been to Cuba, just before Castro overthrew Batista.
I gambled at the Havana Hilton, and saw the show at "Tia Nina's"...the one alluded to in "Godfather II" When we walked by the Gov't buildings, machine guns and B.A.R.s followed us
Every corner had armed soldiers, or police.

Hopefully, some day, Castro's gov't will be replaced, and the Cuban people can enjoy freedom.