PDA

View Full Version : Scent of a Woman

wolfdancer
01-27-2005, 11:55 PM
Older women sometimes complain of being "invisible" to men. But now a study with a natural pheromone suggests the sex appeal of post-menopausal women could be dramatically increased. Older women wearing perfume mixed with the pheromone reported a significant increase in petting, kissing and affection with their partners compared with women wearing a placebo scent. The pheromone was extracted from the armpit of a younger, fertile woman but its identity is a closely guarded secret until patents have been granted
.....more......
A mystery chemical that young women deploy as a sex
attractant pheromone seems to work for post-menopausal women too.

Joan Friebely of Harvard University, US, and Susan Rako, a private physician in Newton, Massachusetts, US, have studied 44 post-menopausal women. Half added Athena Pheromone 10:13, originally isolated from a woman's armpit sweat, to their perfume while half added a dummy compound. Neither the women nor the researchers knew who was in each group until the results were in.

In diaries kept by the women for six weeks, 41% of pheromone users reported more petting, kissing and affection with partners compared with 14% receiving the placebo. Overall, 68% of pheromone users reported increases in at least one of four "intimate socio-sexual behaviours" such as formal dates and sex, as against 41% on the placebo.
....From "New Scientist"......

dg-in-centralpa
01-28-2005, 06:04 AM
In my younger more rambunctious days, I was always looking for older women. They were better lovers by far. While younger could go all night, quality was great with older. I once had a motto about older women, "They don't yell, They don't tell, and They're grateful as hell."

DG

Sid_Vicious
01-28-2005, 06:33 AM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
"In my younger more rambunctious days, I was always looking for older women. They were better lovers by far. While younger could go all night, quality was great with older. I once had a motto about older women, "They don't yell, They don't tell, and They're grateful as hell."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

What's your opinion now that you are in the older group as well? A younger guy today seems rewarded about the same as when I was younger, even moreso now than what I remember as a 20-30yr old. I totally agree with your past experiences, but today things aren't the same IMO. I can only imagine that this scent attractant is good for solid, dedicated relationships already in tact, just needing a boost of enthusiasm. Otherwise my contention is that the older, neglected women today don't want men their own age unles they pull down a 100K or more. Otherwise, the young guys are going to get the best they've got to offer. It's a choice many of them themselves make, cuz there's a lot of willing middle age men dying to get active and honestly imbedded in a hot relationship with them, it's just not something I find that they want today.

As Harrison Ford stated in that 6day/7Night movie when responding to "How to turn on a man?"..."Men are easy, just show up! sid

dg-in-centralpa
01-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Sid,
You're probably right about the scent attractant. I live in a conservative area, so any neglected woman will seek out an older experienced guy. Me? Now that I'm older, I would not throw out a younger one, but will stay with the older. They know what they want and know how to please. The younger feel as if they are doing you a favor. Please...

DG

stickman
01-28-2005, 04:24 PM
I've looked into the computer dating sites, and the ones I see in my age group, are looking for someone with a big salary. If they don't outright suggest a potential mates salary, they add the seeking financially secure person. That leaves me out. Then there's the young Asian girls. They just want plane fare, and a green card. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm destined to be a bachelor, but at least I'm able to route my own course though life.

Deeman2
01-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I prefer women with a few miles on them. I think they are more easy to relate to, have something in common with you in terms of shared memories (who wants to talk to someone who thinks Karl Marx was lead guitarist for a punk band?).

I think there is someone out there for all of us. I am very thankful to have found mine. Sexy, skinny, bright, street smart and tolerant of me. It's better than running a table on the hill. I do very well, thank-you, but my little queen does not give a flip for money, really. She was just as with me when I was out of work for a year as when was a GM Executive. I really, really wish that for each of you.

That being said, I can't think of anything sexier than a woman who knows she's sexy despite a few extra pounds, a few wrinkles and a few years...We should all take a good look in mirror and decide what's important. If my woman added ferimones to her smell I couldn't get up and go to work in the morning....

Deeman
knows he's lucky....

wolfdancer
01-29-2005, 11:07 AM
"They don't yell, They don't tell, and They're grateful as hell."

My own motto is quite simple "Go, Go, Go"
which is an acronym for... get on, get off, get out.

stickman
01-29-2005, 11:31 AM
It might happen for me someday, but I'm honestly not very optimistic. I have reason to feel this way. After marrying four times, 3 of them cheated on me, the other one treated me worse than a dog. The treat me bad wife lasted 17 years, until I couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad you found a good catch. There might be hope for me, but I'm not counting on it. I'm happy as things are now, I'm not sure I want to spoil things. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deeman2
01-31-2005, 07:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> It might happen for me someday, but I'm honestly not very optimistic. I have reason to feel this way. After marrying four times, 3 of them cheated on me, the other one treated me worse than a dog. The treat me bad wife lasted 17 years, until I couldn't take it anymore. I'm glad you found a good catch. There might be hope for me, but I'm not counting on it. I'm happy as things are now, I'm not sure I want to spoil things. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Stick,

I don't say I have not been hurt in the past as well. However, don't put up with that for 17 minutes, much less 17 years. Get up, dust yourself off and find a good woman if it takes a while. They are out there.

While Tori and I don't smother each other, we do spend almost all out time together and we won't go where the other can't or won't go. I don't go to strip clubs (if I did she'd be right with me) and we do pool together. She rides her horse and I sit and read a book while she's doing that so I can take her saddle off and help her put her horse away. It may sound boreing to wait on a woman to ride a horse but consider that she will sit for hours watching nine ball races while I play. You get a feel if you want to be together, if not, you better find someone else.

I feel for people who don't have this. Just don't be shy and don't give up on finding Stickwoman, it's worth the effort.

Deeman

stickman
01-31-2005, 10:24 AM
The reason I stayed with her for 17 years was because of my son. I'd love to find stickwoman. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm really pretty happy by myself. I'll keep the hope alive, and slowly work on learning to trust again. I'm not in any hurry though. No relationship is better than a bad one.