PDA

View Full Version : Table lighting

TommyT
02-20-2002, 09:12 PM
I just picked up a 8 foot double bulb fourescent fixture. It's rated high output. How high off the table should I place it? Is it possible to get to much light? It's going over a 8 foot Gold Crown.
Thanx,
TommyT

Tom_In_Cincy
02-20-2002, 09:35 PM
High enough so that there are no shadows under the rails.

02-20-2002, 09:40 PM
mine is about 45" above the bed. the way i got to that is very scientific. started walking it up the chains till it got high enough that i didn't bash my head while racking.

being a single fixture unit, you might want it a little lower depending on...hold it; is this 2 4' bulbs or 2 8'bulbs side by side?? mine is 3pairs of 8' 75-watt tubes mounted in a 4x8 box over a 9'g.c.4. anyway, as you can see, i don't think there is any such thing as too much light.

is there some kind of grillwork beneath the tubes? if not, you may have an issue with glare as you are down on the shot.

probably, you want to just fiddle the chains up and down for a while till you are comfortable with it.

dan

02-21-2002, 09:34 PM
In my humble opinion about 4 feet off the table is perfect. The idea is to evenly illuminate the table with no shadows inside the cushions without the light getting in your way. Achieving that while having the light as high as possible is the goal. The Diamond table lights are actually right up to the ceiling, but contain four full length tubes.

-=Mojocracker