PDA

View Full Version : What a neat idea.

stickman
01-28-2005, 09:57 AM
One of the local poolhalls is having a 8ball tournament Sat. To play you have to be a current APA member from from our local league. They will use the players SL and APA rules. It is a $10.00 entry, no quarters, and gauranteed money for the first three places. I'm glad I decided to start back playing league this session. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-28-2005, 11:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote stickman:</font><hr> ...you have to be a current APA member from from our local league. They will use the players SL and APA rules. ... <hr /></blockquote>

They do a lot of those handicapped tourneys around here.

Also a lot of scotch doubles tourneys where the combined SL of both players can not be over 10.

stickman
01-28-2005, 01:28 PM
This is the first one here. Usually I play in a handicapped tournament with players rated up to 9. In the APA league there are few players with a handicap over 6. Once they become that good, it is hard to play in league because of the maximum skill level total for the rooster.

dg-in-centralpa
01-28-2005, 03:32 PM
Good Luck Stickman! Let us know how you make out.

DG

stickman
01-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Duane, I played a good friend my first match. I only got one game. I played well, but everytime I missed, he would make me pay. He went through the field and waited in the winner's bracket. I was the only player to get a game on him. I waded through the loser's bracket and got to the final match with my friend. I won the first match, but had to beat him again. He woke up the final match and skunked me. The way he shot, I felt okay with second. He earned the win.

Jim

mksmith713
01-29-2005, 06:36 PM
That's sounds like a great idea.
I wish my son and I could play in tournaments like that.
He's not old enough to play APA so we're forced to play scratch 9 ball tournaments in our area.

Karatemom
01-29-2005, 07:09 PM
We had an APA rep in our area the other day. I personally don't know anything about the league, but would like to hear more about it.

You said your son isn't old enough to play APA, is there an age limit? Will Spike, who is 12, not be able to join this league?

Curious,

Heide

stickman
01-29-2005, 07:17 PM
Heide, Many of the matches are in private clubs (21), therefore the 21 year old requirement. My son is old enough now, but has other interests.

Jim

stickman
01-29-2005, 07:26 PM
There are lot's of opportunies to play in tournaments here with younger players, just not APA. I've been spanked by some young players. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif The poolhall and some of the bars have tournaments that make young players welcome to play. They sell enough food to make it okay.

SPetty
01-29-2005, 09:24 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Will Spike, who is 12, not be able to join this league?<hr /></blockquote>Howdy Heide, /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

According to the APA web site (http://www.poolplayers.com), "Must be 21 Years of age to play in APA Leagues!" However, while visiting their site, I found this:

http://www.poolplayers.com/under21.html

talking about APA junior leagues. None in Ohio, but one in Illinois.

dg-in-centralpa
01-30-2005, 09:19 AM
Congratulations! At least you took him to the loser side. Next time kick his a$$. Although he may be a little wary of you.
DG