PDA

View Full Version : Training aids / techniques. Mini pool table/paper

christopheradams
01-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Any ideas for training aids or techniques to build a better stroke? I use the coke bottle drill( stroking through a coke bottle opening). I also wanted to mention a drill I find useful which I brought up in a deflection post I recently posted. The crumbled up paper drill. You crumble up a piece or 2 of paper and hit it around a regular kitchen table like it is a cue ball. This is also good because many people don't have pool tables at home. Any other suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Jakal
01-29-2005, 08:21 PM
I first saw this on Byrne's video of Power Pool Workout. Take a piece of white tape (about a foot long) and place it on the felt of your pool table, or any flat surface. Practice stroking (or hitting balls) and keeping the cue along the tape. If you don't want to put tape on your pool table you can also use the line on the rail where the felt meets the wood of the table and practice stroking.

Pied Piper
01-29-2005, 08:34 PM
This may sound crazy. But my current living conditions doesn't give much for space or money, therefore don't have much to use to practice. I made a very small table with the exact height of a pool table slate, and a rail (again ssame height) in total maybe 20 bucks and a couple hours to make. Basically it is just a pocket of a pool table. The coke bottle works well, and so does buying a cue ball to practice focusing on practing 1/4 and 1/2 tip english. This has brought my game up alot, especially since I have been practicing rail and pocket bridging. You may look ridiculous and feel stupid, but insanity, persistance, and creativity has to be part of the recipe for excellence.

christopheradams
01-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the post on the tape drill. Efren Reyes uses this. If its good enough for Reyes, its good enough for me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

christopheradams
01-29-2005, 11:59 PM
If you ever want to market that pool table, you could call it the "Poor mans Pool table" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.