PDA

View Full Version : Do Not Bleed when you are Swimming with Sharks

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 10:26 AM
Howdy,
Some of u might have heard this phrase before.How many of us are able to practice this( if and when agreed with this notion)? On several occassions,I noticed, that some individuals getting personal, nasty ,abrasive and abnoxious with some of the CCB members.There are several options to handle these situations.One option is not to bleed.If one bleeds there will be frenzy and the other sharks will join the attack.
Recently, as I noticed, there has been a tendency for increased cohesion among this group.This definitely helps in handling a nasty,offensive posters(Example: most recently when the other group members came to rescue of the victim and made a counter offensive move the ``low life``left this person alone).One may not get this kind of help all the time and hence `` do not bleed``
Vagabond---- Keep the cohesion among the CCBers

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 10:47 AM
For some good reasons I did not give the details in the example I gave.Cheers
Vagabond

Tom_In_Cincy
05-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Vagabond,

I have often advocated 'Ignoring' the trash... we have a decent house.. and we all take the trash out on a regular basis. It goes in the trash bin.. and stays there.. until its time to take it out..

If you respond... there is usually more trash.. if you ignore.. there will only be that little amount and its easily taken out.

React emotionally and you bring yourself down to their level.

If you feel you have to defend yourself.... then think of how you are going about this defence? you usually just add more fuel to the fire...... more trash....

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 09:05 PM
Hi Tom,
Are u saying that crazy people get crazier if u respond and crazy will go to sleep if u don`t respond!! OK
Vagabond

05-28-2002, 09:49 PM
Hey there Vagabond,
You make a good point, but some of these people don't understand subtlety. Sometimes, you just have to let them know, "These are the facts about what you are babbling about, and you are not welcome here." I wish we never had to say something like that, but I don't allow these types of poisonous people to pollute my life, and right now, my life includes this forum and the intelligent repartee I so enjoy here.

Vagabond
05-29-2002, 07:53 AM
Hi Lorri,
U got lot of other things to do in life like having more time on the green( playing pool) and get addicted to CCB.LOL
Vagabond

Tom_In_Cincy
05-29-2002, 04:38 PM
If I answer, will you wake up?

05-29-2002, 06:19 PM
Okay, you guys totally lost me here. I-AM-A-NATURAL-BLONDE-SO-PLEASE-SPEAK-SLOWLY!