PDA

View Full Version : Heard of this manufacturer?

NHfishguy
01-29-2005, 02:40 PM
I'm looking at this table for my new rec room. I'm not a serious player, its just for fun, but I do want something that will last.

http://www.highlinebilliards.com/eagleclaw.htm

There is a wholesaler near me that is selling it installed for $2400. The research on buying a table that I've done makes it look pretty good. Solid wood, 1" three piece backed slate, simonis cloth, k66 bumpers, 6/4 frame under with center beam, aramath balls etc. It is made in Asia so I wanted to get a few second opinions before jumping. Thanks for any thoughts.

Tom

DialUp
01-29-2005, 09:35 PM
Looking at their assembly section, I would not trust their knowledge of tables. If this company knew anything about pool tables, they would have had pics of a proper cloth installation. Looks like they may be just another reseller participating in the plague of Asian tables. Look at ebay and you will se hundreds of them...

BTW - I have never heard of them... Their site just looks and feels wrong to me /shrug

GeraldG
01-29-2005, 09:50 PM
You can get an 8-foot Olhousen for around the same money (maybe just a little more)...and it's American made. Hell, you might be able to find a used Brunswick for that. I would stay away from the Asian imports for several reasons....not the least of which is that they are hurting the American companies, which in the long run hurts all of us.

NHfishguy
01-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Dialup and Gerald,

Thanks for the reply and the insight. I'll take a look at what I can get for the same money US made.

Tom

Scott Lee
01-30-2005, 11:36 AM
There are many internet companies trading in the 'made in China' tables. Results from those that bought them have been spotty, and many have not receieved what they thought they were buying. Also, 'set up included' should be from someone with a storefront, that you can call back to fix mistakes...doesn't seem too likely in this scenario. JMO

Scott Lee

Cueless Joey
01-30-2005, 11:51 AM
For a few more dollars, I suggest getting an Olhausen, Connelly or Brunswick.
In case you ever decide to sell the table, you'd get some of your money.
Those imported tables are known to sag after a while. I don't expect those wood to be properly treated and aged .

LARRY_BOY
01-31-2005, 07:11 AM
Remember that who installs your table will have as much to do with how it plays as who made it.