PDA

View Full Version : Question for the Texas folks....

GeraldG
01-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Several years ago, there was a road player through here that we called "Hippie Gary". He was one helluva 9-ball player. He lived in his van while he was in this area, said he was from Texas. Really nice guy. He was a smallish thin guy with long brown hair that he kept in a pony-tail all the time, and was a sort of quiet type. Anyone know who I'm talking about and what he's doing now? I sort of befriended him while he was here, but I haven't heard a thing of him since he left, supposedly he went back to Texas. This has been probably 5 years ago now. I never knew his last name that I remember...it really wasn't important. He helped me a lot with my game...he was a pretty good coach and didn't mind taking time to help. Just wondering what's up with him these days if anyone has any idea who I'm talking about......

randyg
02-07-2005, 04:09 PM
Sounds like "Hippy Dave" to me...randyg

SpiderMan
02-07-2005, 04:17 PM
Did you notice anything odd about the shape of his cue tip? We may know him.

SpiderMan

GeraldG
02-07-2005, 06:56 PM
Yes. It was like flattened on one side. He was always turning the stick over when he played so he would hit on the right part of the tip.

I don't know if Gary is his right name or not...he's a road player. You know how that goes.

GeraldG
02-07-2005, 06:58 PM
Oh, and if he was playing a race, he HAD to have a quarter to mark the games. Nothing else would do him.

LARRY_BOY
02-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Your not talking about Ron White are you?

GeraldG
02-08-2005, 10:00 AM
I don't know. I don't know Jeff White. His name was Hippie while he was here, but some people called him Hippie Gary.

Sid_Vicious
02-08-2005, 10:31 AM
That was Hippie Dave. Even though I've never met the guy, he STILL gets outstanding comments anytime his name is brought up locally...sid

SpiderMan
02-08-2005, 10:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> Yes. It was like flattened on one side. He was always turning the stick over when he played so he would hit on the right part of the tip.

I don't know if Gary is his right name or not...he's a road player. You know how that goes. <hr /></blockquote>

That would be "Hippie Dave". He fits your physical description, and plays with a "shovel tip".

SpiderMan

GeraldG
02-08-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks Sid and Spidey!
Anybody know how he's doing now..what he's up to? Is he still playing tournaments and the road?

Sid_Vicious
02-08-2005, 12:14 PM
As far as I know, nor anybody else that I know, knows where is or has been for years. Maybe Randyg dies, he gets around a lot more than I...sid

SpiderMan
02-08-2005, 04:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr> Thanks Sid and Spidey!
Anybody know how he's doing now..what he's up to? Is he still playing tournaments and the road? <hr /></blockquote>

He used to be a regular at some of the weekly tournaments around Dallas, so probably he was parking his house around here somewhere. Apparently that is no longer the case, as I haven't seen him in several years.

SpiderMan

randyg
02-08-2005, 09:21 PM
He's playing pool at a Senior Citizens Center in Florida....randyg

SpiderMan
02-09-2005, 09:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> He's playing pool at a Senior Citizens Center in Florida....randyg <hr /></blockquote>

Unless you're joking, you just made ME feel old.

SpiderMan

GeraldG
02-09-2005, 10:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SpiderMan:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote randyg:</font><hr> He's playing pool at a Senior Citizens Center in Florida....randyg <hr /></blockquote>

Unless you're joking, you just made ME feel old.

SpiderMan <hr /></blockquote>

Uh...yeah. He wasn't that old....

However, I did hear last night that he IS in Florida now.

randyg
02-09-2005, 10:34 AM
I didn't say he was living there, just playing with the old timers.....randyg