PDA

View Full Version : New date for Pro-AM FDNY Burn Center Charity!

CarolNYC
01-30-2005, 03:31 AM
Saturday-February 26th
House of Billiards
308 Front Street/Wave
718-273-8800

Carol

dg-in-centralpa
01-30-2005, 09:03 AM
Carol - I hope the weather co-operates this time. Best of luck to you.
Duane

CarolNYC
01-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Ha HA Ha, Thanks Duane,
Im keeping my fingers crossed!

Carol~waiting for March /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
01-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Carol, I'd like to make a donation, unfortunately, not very big, to the center. Burn injuries are terrible...disfigurement, pain, co$ts, etc.
It's nice to see people trying to do something for burn victims

SPetty
01-30-2005, 07:28 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr>I'd like to make a donation....<hr /></blockquote>Howdy wolfdancer,

Here's a link (http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccb&amp;Number=173679&amp;page=&amp;vi ew=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1) to Carol's original invitation which contained a link to the website http://www.nyffburncenter.com/ which contains a link to PayPal to make a contribution.

cueball1950
01-30-2005, 08:34 PM
My sweet sweet carol...you are the best. good luck and go with God's speed...........mike

wolfdancer
01-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Thanks...I won't make a dent in their financial needs...but if
a few thousand people respond.......

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 03:26 AM
Wow, thanks Wolfdancer,
I appreciate that-heres what there about:

THE NEW YORK FIREFIGHTERS BURN CENTER FOUNDATION IS A NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION OF FIREFIGHTERS FOUNDED IN 1975, COMMITTED TO HELP SUPPORT THE BURN CENTER AT NEW YORK PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL IN MANHATTAN. TO DATE, THE FOUNDATION HAS RAISED CLOSE TO 5 MILLION DOLLARS, PROVIDING FUNDING FOR SUCH THINGS AS SENDING CHILDREN TO BURN CAMP, SUPPORT OF THE SKIN BANK, PURCHASES OF SPECIALIZED EQUIPMENT AS WELL AS UNDERWRTING THE COST FOR THE CHAPLIN OF THE BURN CENTER AND SUPPORT FOR GROUP ACTIVITIES FOR F.D.N.Y. WIDOWS.

THE FOUNDATIONS BOARD OF DIRECTORS AS WELL AS, PRESIDENT JIM CURRAN (LT., FDNY, RET.) ARE ALL FIREFIGHTERS VOLUNTEERING THEIR OWN TIME TO HELP THOSE IN NEED.NO SALERIES ARE PAID TO OFFICERS OR MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS.

THE BURN CENTER AT NY PRESBYTERIAN HOSPITAL IS THE BEST BURN CARE INSTITUTE FOR BOTH CIVILIANS AND FIREFIGHTERS. THE GOAL OF THE NY FIREFIGHTERS BURN CENTER FOUNDATION IS TO MAKE QUALITY BURN CARE AVAILABLE TO ALL WHO ARE SERIOUSLY BURNED, REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE, CREED OR ECONOMIC STATUS

For some reason, the website is not up-maybe they didnt pay their bill (ONLY KIDDING) /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
The address is:
The NY Firefighters Burn Center Foundation
21 Asch Loop
Bronx,NY 10475

or,to:
House of Billiards
308 Fronmt Street
Staten Island,NY 10304
c/o ME! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hey Wolfdancer,
It doesnt matter what you send-5,10 dollars-its the thought that counts and I think thats pretty cool!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 03:28 AM
Just one of the reasons your a good friend-your ALWAYS there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Carol~cant wait to see Spettys smiling face!

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 03:35 AM
Right back atcha,MIKE!
along with the KC and Blackheart cue, I have a Viking and a package Allen gave me with the "Spider" training tool-(I've been fooling around with one on my table,ha ha ha) /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Love ya Mike! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

Rich R.
01-31-2005, 03:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Saturday-February 26th
House of Billiards
308 Front Street/Wave
718-273-8800

Carol <hr /></blockquote>
Bigger and Better. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Hopefully, with no snow.

Best of luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 04:31 AM
Thanks Rich!

Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 04:37 AM
One more thing Wolfdancer,
If you do send a donation, for every 10 dollars,I'll fill out a raffle for the cues for you(cause thats what the raffle tickets sell for) and anyone else here /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Just please make it a check to the NY FFBCF-every single dime goes to the charity and I'll send you a receipt,also,for taxes,ah-ite? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Make sure you use your name here (somewhere on the check)so I know who the heck you are! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Nostalgia
01-31-2005, 05:42 AM
Woohoo! Sign me up /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Joe

CarolNYC
01-31-2005, 07:01 AM
Of course your in Joe! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
See ya in a few weeks!
Carol

Barbara
01-31-2005, 08:22 AM
Good luck with the new date Carol!!

Ummmm... You still have the nuts, right? I mean, you didn't eat them or something...

Barbara

Nostalgia
02-23-2005, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Saturday-February 26th
House of Billiards
308 Front Street/Wave
718-273-8800<hr /></blockquote>

BUMP! Still at 1pm? Should we show up earlier if we want to play?

-Joe

CarolNYC
02-23-2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Joe,
You can come anywhere between 12:30 and 1:00-this way at least you get an idea of the setup,okay?
By the way, what is "bump"

Carol

Nostalgia
02-23-2005, 01:55 PM
heh, a "bump" is a shameless reply in an old thread to bump it back up to the top of the list. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Joe

CarolNYC
02-24-2005, 03:50 AM
LMAO-I feel like "duh!"
Joe,You know along with blackheart,KC,Viking cues, they'll be a Mcdermott,spidertraining tool with 2 hour lessons w/Allen(Hopkins) and video "how to be a champion",also, Tony Ryan extension (just came yesterday) and Im waiting for things Karen (Corr) is sending me and Jeanette!
One more thing, I just cant express ENUFF /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,my gratitude to each and everyone who has helped me and who is involved-to the players who just opened up their hearts and were like"I'll send you this,I'll send you that" I mean, "How strong is that!"
I am honored to be in the company of such players and share the friendships with them and all you here on this forum!
You guys/gals have really put up with me announcing this event and I thank you very much!
Now, the weather report-snow storm-son of a %&amp;#$%!!!!!!!!!!
Give me a break-if I wake up Saturday morning and the sun is shining,this will be good, if not, all hells gonna break loose /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol~"Bump"-just had to say that /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nostalgia
02-24-2005, 07:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>You know along with blackheart,KC,Viking cues, they'll be a Mcdermott,spidertraining tool with 2 hour lessons w/Allen(Hopkins) and video "how to be a champion",also, Tony Ryan extension (just came yesterday) and Im waiting for things Karen (Corr) is sending me and Jeanette!<hr /></blockquote>
No, I didn't know any of this! I was just going to show up with my cue and hope for the best /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Is there a list of events? Do we know how long the whole thing will run?

-Joe

Barbara
02-24-2005, 09:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>You know along with blackheart,KC,Viking cues, they'll be a Mcdermott,spidertraining tool with 2 hour lessons w/Allen(Hopkins) and video "how to be a champion",also, Tony Ryan extension (just came yesterday) and Im waiting for things Karen (Corr) is sending me and Jeanette! <hr /></blockquote>

Don't forget my raffle tix Toots and I'll forget that tab you left at Comet that I picked up! LOL!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope they clear the roads for ya!! It's really snowing here now!

Barbara~~~bump!

CarolNYC
02-24-2005, 03:30 PM
Done! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

CarolNYC
02-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Hey Joe,
These are all raffle items-10.00 a piece-time frame is 1:00 pm-7:00 pm-from 1:00-3:30 is team pro-am event-1st place team wins really cool plaques with FDNY emblem and of course team photo with your winning pro!
This is all going to be televised by CUNY-TV and NY1-listen,theres a challenge your pro of choice after team event-food all day,drinking,raffle and just plain old fun!
If you can pm me your email,. I can send you the flyer that went out because it has the times on it and it'll be easier,okay?

Oh, just received from Jeanette an awesome hourglass poster and cueball, both signed by Jeanette-Im speechless!

See ya Saturday!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Wordup-all monies go to Burn Center!

Barbara
02-24-2005, 04:24 PM
Hey Carol!

Just to let you know, I already have Allen's videotape - "Secrets of a Champion", so just sub the Blackheart cue in case I win the tape! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara

CarolNYC
02-25-2005, 03:37 AM
Hey Barb,
[ QUOTE ]
already have Allen's videotape - "Secrets of a Champion", so just sub the Blackheart cue in case I win the tape!
<hr /></blockquote>

No can do /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif-Sorry /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif
That winner wins the tape,Spider and 2 hour lessons with Allen-thats one package deal!
On the Jan.22nd date,I had two weeks to put this together-well, winter wallop came-now,that gave me 4 more weeks-in that time, 10 raffle books,100 tickets/book, ten dollars a raffle were made up-the first day, 2 books were sold-thank-you Fulton Fish Market /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif
All the tables were sold at 200/table,theres 12 tables-that was back in January!
I have assigned a firefighter representive from the burn unit to come and calculate all monies-I just know my goal was 5-we're way passed it /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
When the ticket gets pulled,thats the winner-need not be present-you can always ask to trade if you dont win it,okay?