PDA

View Full Version : Fast Cloth?

A_LOTA_NOTA
01-30-2005, 09:08 AM
What is the fastest / best cloth? I'm looking to recover my Snooker Table. We play mostly golf on it & need something really fast! It now has Simonis 300 on it, but needs to be a lot faster /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif!!

DavidMorris
01-30-2005, 10:06 AM
Simonis 760 is a very fast cloth -- not sure how it compares to others though.

ras314
01-30-2005, 12:29 PM
I think Simonis 300 is the "fastest" cloth they make, used for billiard tables. The kind without pockets. http://www.simoniscloth.com/

Possibly your cloth may need to be stretched tighter.

SecaucusFats
01-31-2005, 06:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote A_LOTA_NOTA:</font><hr> What is the fastest / best cloth? I'm looking to recover my Snooker Table. We play mostly golf on it &amp; need something really fast! It now has Simonis 300 on it, but needs to be a lot faster /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif!! <hr /></blockquote>

Simonis 300 and Gorina Granito "M" are the two fastest cloths available. Ultra-sheer and ultra-fast, they are designed for carom billiards.

Assuming that the cloth is stretched tight there are a couple of things you can do to speed it up.

1.) Brush, vacuum, and then wipe down the cloth with a slightly damp terrycloth towel (or you can use Quick-Clean). Make sure you allow sufficient time for the cloth to dry thoroughly.

2.) Iron the cloth with an ordinary household iron (no steam) on low setting. Keep the iron moving while you do this, and don't spend too much time on any one spot. Avoid the slate seams (beeswax is commonly used in sealing the seams).

3.) Take a clean cloth and spray a small amount of silicone onto it, and then use it to work the silicone onto the cloth. You do not want to get too much onto the cloth, a little goes a long way. Don't forget the cushions.

4.) Clean the balls and polish them with Aramith ball polish or similar product. Make sure you remove all traces of excess polish from the balls (there should be no traces of dull chalky polish residue).

5.) If the table is located in a room with high humidity, consider purchasing a good high efficiency dehumidifier. (Billiard tables (carom) usually have a built in slate heater to ensure that the cloth is free of humidity.)