PDA

View Full Version : 9 ball rule??

ChuckR
01-30-2005, 02:49 PM
My friend and I are playing 9 ball Texas express except we play call shot. He misses the 9 but makes it in a wrong pocket? When we go to re-spot the 9, the cue ball is close enough to the spot that it is in the way. I say that the 9 goes on the spot and it's cue ball in hand in the kitchen. He maintains that the 9 goes on the spot and you only move the cue ball enough to allow the spot. What are your thoughts? Chuck

Troy
01-30-2005, 05:20 PM
I suggest spotting as in 1-Pocket whereby the 9-Ball is spotted as close as possible without moving the interfering ball and on the center-line toward the foot rail. JMO

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ChuckR:</font><hr> My friend and I are playing 9 ball Texas express except we play call shot. He misses the 9 but makes it in a wrong pocket? When we go to re-spot the 9, the cue ball is close enough to the spot that it is in the way. I say that the 9 goes on the spot and it's cue ball in hand in the kitchen. He maintains that the 9 goes on the spot and you only move the cue ball enough to allow the spot. What are your thoughts? Chuck <hr /></blockquote>

christopheradams
01-30-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree, I think it should be spotted as close to the cue ball as possible.