PDA

View Full Version : leather vs. irish linen

05-28-2002, 03:31 PM
I'm looking to buy a new cue. I now have a wooden butt and was wandering what is better, irish linen or leather wrap? I know a lot of you tried both and would like those of you who had tried both to compare and contrast for me if you could. thanks guys and gals.

john bastian in pa

Cueless Joey
05-28-2002, 04:02 PM
I prefer leather. But, my hands don't sweat like other people. If your palms sweat, you might want to go with linen or cork.

05-28-2002, 05:02 PM
The wrap realy has no use at all for me.
Why does it stop so far from the end of the cue?
I even have only half my hand on the end of the cue on some shots.
And i dont think my arms are longer then other people :-) im only 5'11

05-28-2002, 09:02 PM
I had the Irish linen for six years, and there wasn't a day that went by I didn't wish I had leather. When I bought my Predator 2 in December, leather wrap was one of my biggest priorities. I'll never go back. By the way, my hands tend to sweat a little too, but I've never noticed the linen making any difference vs. the leather.

Ralph S.
05-28-2002, 09:18 PM
I prefer the Irish linen.
Ralph S.

05-29-2002, 07:54 AM
I have always owned a cue with Irish linen wrap and love it. I played with my old partners cue with leather wrap and played real nice and loved that. If you were to go with the leather wrap, I feel that could vary more from one cue maker to another than the Irish linen wrap would. JMO. Stedyfred