PDA

View Full Version : Won a new Sledgehammer!!

Perk
01-31-2005, 07:07 AM
This weekend at a team event 8ball tourney, I won a Sledgehammer jump/break cue with a raffle. I bought 3 tickets for $5.00. Along with the cue they gave me a pretty cool black collared shirt with a predator logo. I was hella excited about this. I have never won anything like that before in any type of raffle.

A few thoughts on the sledgehammer:
1. It has a very solid feel to hit. Feels quite balanced.
2. Results are definately very good.
3. It lives up to its reputation, imo.

Although I loved my Fury J/B cue that I bought in Chicago, I was more impressed with this Sledgehammer. It could be since it was 1.5 ozs heavier than the Fury, but the balance felt smooth. So I sold the Fury while at the tourney. Both cues are very similiar in sound, feel, and results. Either J/B would definately be a good J/B for someone looking to buy!

<---still cant believe they pulled my ticket! We also finished 5/6th in the event which was a bonus.

DennyS
01-31-2005, 07:39 AM
Congrats Perk!

landshark77
01-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Congrats Perk!!!!

Did your Fury have the phenolic tip? If not how are you feeling about that tip on your Sledgehammer?

Perk
01-31-2005, 08:28 AM
Thanks.

Yes, the Fury has the same phenolic tip/ferrule combo that the sledgehammer has. The SH tip seems a tad more round than the Fury was, but I dont know if thats just coincidence, or that they are all that way. Definately love it, and a bargain at $5.00. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

stickman
01-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Congratulations. That's a darn nice prize. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.