PDA

View Full Version : North Augusta, Augusta pool action??????

05-28-2002, 03:35 PM
Soon I will be moving to North Augusta, just curious how the pool scene there is if anyone knows. Tournys, action, leagues????????? Decent rooms, alot of players, just curious.

Vagabond
05-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Howdy,
I thought u already moved there.5 to 6 months ago u asked the same question.
There are few guys, in Augusta, who can give grief.I heard that there is an Hispanic guy who can play.Rooms are NOT impressive.U donot have a choice.If I have a choice I will not enter those rooms.They are not like your Green room in Jackson,MS.In the past there was an excellant room(players) but it was closed long time ago.Lastly, where ever u go in USA, u always find some gamblers.Bubba Eubank( good one hand jacked up player) might be there still.Good Luck
By the way I am a friend of Reed Pearce.
Vagabond

Scott Lee
05-28-2002, 10:36 PM
Bubba Eubanks is indeed still in Augusta, and loves to match up! The other "action" boys are Lennie & Ritchie, two brothers who hang out at the Rack N Grill...their dad has a little poolroom with a tricked up table (don't let them get you on THEIR table). They like to gamble high, but play pretty good too! The only other 'tricked up' table in Augusta that I know of, is at Robbie's, and it is a 9' Diamond right in the corner by the bar. Haven't run across the hispanic guy that Vagabond was talking about.

Scott Lee

05-29-2002, 11:15 AM
ACTION IN AUGUSTA ,THERE IS REALY NO ACTION .SOME OF THE LOCAL'S PLAY EACH OTHER IN RING GAMES 5 OR 10 A MAN.BUT IF U R NEW 2 TOWN ,THEN IT'S GOING 2 B HARD.2 MATCH UP .AND AS SCOTT LEE SAID THE 2 BEST PLAYERS DOWN HERE IS LENNY AND RICHE ,BUT THAT IS IT. AND EUBANKS,HE STILL PLAY BUT AS FAR A BIG MONEY GAMES IF IT'S NOT A LOCK. HE WILL NOT PLAY. NOT ON THE BIG TALBES. BUT ON THE BAR BOX'S YOU MIGHT GET SOME THING GOING...GOOD LUCK DOWN HERE.2 ME IT IS DEAD AS HELL.THAT IS Y I MOVE AROUND 2 PLAY .LOOK ME UP WHEN U COME .I'M IN THE RACK SOME TIMES NOT HARD 2 FIND....

05-29-2002, 11:51 AM
The best pool room is Rack and Grill in Augusta. There are some leagues there, and lately there has been some tournaments. Also, there is an Aiken County Pool League, contact Larry Becker 648-6361. Club 25 has tournaments most Fridays, and now some Saturdays. Every once in a while you might venture to Athens, to Murphy's Brass Rail (706-369-3924). Also, Wagon Wheel in North Augusta has a nice 8-ball tournament every Friday night. The Hilltop in Jackson has a nice 9-ball tournament Saturday night.

05-30-2002, 11:34 AM
i was gonna move, but i was going through a nasty divorce which took some time to settle