PDA

View Full Version : Inside Pool Mag

9 Ball Girl
01-31-2005, 10:28 AM
Has anyone received their January '05 issue of IP yet???

Wendy<---will be placing a call...

WaltVA
01-31-2005, 10:33 AM
January with Niels F. on the cover? - Got mine quite a while ago.

Walt in VA

christopheradams
01-31-2005, 11:33 AM
Haven't received February's yet. Been checking the p.o. box every day for past 4 days. Received the billard digest on time at least /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

9 Ball Girl
01-31-2005, 11:58 AM
Ok, someone slap me out of it. I did get January's issue. Sigh.

Wendy<---they're really coming to take me away haha heehee hoho... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

PQQLK9
01-31-2005, 12:00 PM
I got mine a couple of weeks ago,but I have been waiting over two years for the Bob Henning DVD that they offered with the subscription. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Rich R.
01-31-2005, 12:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Ok, someone slap me out of it. I did get January's issue. Sigh.

Wendy&lt;---they're really coming to take me away haha heehee hoho... /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif <hr /></blockquote>
SLAP!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I also received February, with Rodney on the cover. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
01-31-2005, 01:16 PM
I never got my subscription on time, and never got all of the issues I paid for....so they never got my renewal $$$...even though I like the mag.
Hey, sorry about your site coming down
http://wendyandyumi.com/
"Wendy, Wendy, what went wrong...." Beach Boys

But I liked this one better

Who's peeking out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Wendy
Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
And Wendy has stormy eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Wendy has wings to fly
Above the clouds, above the clouds
Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
Wendy,Windy......a rose is a rose

mworkman
01-31-2005, 01:47 PM
I orderd inside pool a couple weeks ago because of the Bob Henning dvd. I still haven't received it yet. I'll be pissed if it never comes.

PQQLK9
01-31-2005, 02:52 PM
It will probably never come.

This is a copy of a letter I sent them to no avail. (I subscribed again for 3 yrs.)

I subscribed to Inside Pool in the fall of 03 when you were offering the
Bob Henning CD with a paid subscription.
Not only did I not get the CD (I did get a call from Bob attempting to
sell me the complete set of CD's) but the magazines quit coming after 4
issues. My calls to the magazine were never returned.
Whenever I mentioned it at various venues (VF,Vegas) I was always told
to call again.
I see that the same offer is being advertised for 04.
Anything you can do to help would be appreciated.

mworkman
01-31-2005, 05:22 PM
Nick, I'll let you know if I ever receive the DVD and or the subscription.

Mark

Bob C
01-31-2005, 07:42 PM
I had several small problems with my subscription and tried to talk to Sally but she would never take my calls. She also never returned my repeated requests to return my calls even after staff members promised she would. I was surprised that anyone in her position would not respond. We have no history and she didn't even know me or why I was calling.
Bob C

recoveryjones
02-01-2005, 12:37 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I got mine a couple of weeks ago,but I have been waiting over two years for the Bob Henning DVD that they offered with the subscription. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I won twice at Inside Pool Forums. I won a free one years subscription to their magazine and a $100 shopping spree in the Inside Pool Mall.I've got at least 7or8 magazines so far (some late) and it took them quite awhile to get me my $100 prizes (phil Capelle Archer/Reyes vid, play your best nine ball and 99 critical shot books). I just kept pestering them till they eventually came through.Although they were VERY slow, I'm greatful.

I would suggest signing up at Inside Pool Forums and emailing the three adminstrators of that forum till someone comes through.You shouldn't have to, however, keep pestering them and I'm sure they'll eventually come through.Many others have posted about late prizes on that forum and it seems to have worked as they've got them.
http://www.insidepool.com/ubbthreads/index.php

If worse comes to worse I got 4 Bob Henning video tapes that I'm going to have converted to DVD.I can send you them (for free) no problem if you wish. Just PM me, RJ

Wally_in_Cincy
02-01-2005, 07:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> I got mine a couple of weeks ago,but I have been waiting over two years for the Bob Henning DVD that they offered with the subscription. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

This is an occurence that happened to me a year ago at DCC

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally in Cincy:</font><hr>
I subscribed to Inside Pool in Sept. via their website and they charged my credit card right away. But I never received any mags. I posted here a few times about it and ragged on them when I should have just picked up the phone and called. Sally PM'ed me with a phone # and I called them.

As it turns out my scrip was submitted on a Wednesday and before their database was backed up on Friday the database became corrupted and they lost my info. Sh*t happens and I just got a bad roll. Josh fixed things right away and I got my first issue a few days later. He even added on 3 extra issues for my trouble.

I met Sally at DCC and she is a very nice, classy lady. Inside Pool is a great mag. As I told Sally, Keith McCready's column alone is worth the price /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<hr /></blockquote>

This year at DCC they were offering a one-year scrip and a t-shirt for 20 bucks. I asked them if I could get the same deal on a renewal. They said yeah so I re-upped. Now I hope I don't start receiving 2 copies /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JR and Sally work hard and have a good mag going. Now they need to concentrate a little more on basic customer service.

Sally
02-01-2005, 11:12 AM
Bob,

I'm sorry that you've had some bad experiences with our magazine. I hope that they have been sorted out by now.

I don't recall ever receiving a call or a message from you; however, the staff is not in a position to promise things on my behalf. Often I am out of town covering events for over a week and am not available via phone. May I suggest that you e-mail me if you should ever need help?

Again, I hope that your subscription issues have been resolved and that you are enjoying our magazine.

Sally
02-01-2005, 11:18 AM
PQQLK9,

We've just hired some new customer service staff who would be more than happy to help you out. Or if you want to PM me, I can ask them on your behalf.

9 Ball Girl
02-01-2005, 01:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> SLAP!!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>Geez Rich, not there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

See ya next month!

mworkman
02-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I finally received my magazine and dvd. Took about 6-weeks. Maybe the email I sent them speeded up the process, not sure. Great magazine. I really like it.