PDA

View Full Version : Favorite pool song

LARRY_BOY
01-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Undoubtedly the number one would have to be Ware Wolfs Of London, but what other songs would make the list?

PQQLK9
01-31-2005, 12:54 PM
"Strokin" by Clarence Carter has been getting a lot of play here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lyrics http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/clarencecarter.htm

dooziexx
01-31-2005, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Undoubtedly the number one would have to be Ware Wolfs Of London, but what other songs would make the list? <hr /></blockquote>

Everytime, I hear that song, I feel like twirling my cue like Tom Cruise... Ha then I realized that my cue costs me a pretty penny... Anyways thats a great tune. Always fires up to play!!!

bomber
01-31-2005, 12:58 PM
when playing alone, i tend to listen to alot of dylan...in a pool room i prefer jazz or jam bands like the allman brothers

landshark77
01-31-2005, 01:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote PQQLK9:</font><hr> "Strokin" by Clarence Carter has been getting a lot of play here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lyrics http://www.80smusiclyrics.com/artists/clarencecarter.htm <hr /></blockquote>

Do you really think we need the lyrics, LOL! Boy I know it by heart! "Have you ever made love in the back seat of a car? I remember one night I was makin' love in the back seat of a car and the police came and shined his light on me...I said I be strokin'" LMAO!!!! People HATE me when that song is playin'! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
01-31-2005, 01:17 PM
"Rack em up" by Johnny Lang

socrates
01-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Certainly the song you suggest, but from the same movie Eric Clapton's "Its in the way that you use it" video had scenes from the movie Color of Money.

"Look how he moves - Like a Dancer"

Any song that lends itself to the players ryththmn and puts them in a positive state of mind should work.

Ives
01-31-2005, 01:41 PM
Songs about pool, agree with Wally, " Rack em up " By Johnny Lang

Best song while playing pool, Pat Travers "crash and burn", Thin Lizzy "the boys are back in town", or anything by George Thorogood.

wolfdancer
01-31-2005, 01:51 PM
The Phantom of the Opera

"My power over you
Grows stronger yet
And though you turn from me
to glance behind
The phantom of the opera is there
Inside your mind"
Rack'em

landshark77
01-31-2005, 01:53 PM
Are we talking favorite song to shoot to or favorite song about pool?

To shoot to: It is still Flake by Jack Johnson....those bass lines get me goin'!!! But also for some strange reason I am really into 311 again...someone explain that to me please. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

About pool: Pool Shark by The Toasters.

Beaver
01-31-2005, 01:55 PM
Wheneever I hear "One more night" by Phil Collins I get the urge to play pool and just slowroll the 9 in /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
01-31-2005, 02:01 PM
I'm a classic rock kind of girl, but I would have to say that my fav song to start my playing off on the right foot is "This Is A Man's World" by James Brown.

Wendy&lt;---but it would mean nothing without a woman or a girl...

johnnyt
01-31-2005, 02:11 PM
1 night in the backseat of a car with a girl many years ago a cop shined his light in and said "what are you doing" I said nothing. He said "then move over".
Johnnyt

Knyte260
01-31-2005, 02:21 PM
Bad Company - I'm ready for love
Supertramp - Take the Long Way Home
Supertramp - The Logical Song
Supertramp - Breakfast in America
Phil Collins - One more night
Rolling Stones - Angie

Just an idea... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif There are probably 400-600 songs I would rate equally to listen to while I play pool.

DebraLiStarr
01-31-2005, 02:59 PM
It depends what kind of mood I'm in, but these are the songs I play when shooting at home...

Aerosmith - Crazy
AC/DC - Back In Black
Simply Red - Holding Back The Years (sentimental 4 me)
Sade - Sweetest Taboo
Sound Garden - Black Hole Sun
Pink - Just Like A Pill
Anything by Stevie Ray Vaughn, Johnny Lang, or Kenny Wayne Shepherd - guitars

LARRY_BOY
02-01-2005, 09:41 AM
I can't believe no one mentioned ANY song my John Melincamp! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

landshark77
02-01-2005, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> I can't believe no one mentioned ANY song my John Melincamp! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I learned along time ago that when I fight authority, authority ALWAYS wins. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

woody_968
02-01-2005, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>I remember one night I was makin' love in the back seat of a car and the police came and shined his light on me... <hr /></blockquote>

I can tell you from that this TOTALLY kills the mood /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

hondo
02-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Right on, Wally. Absolutely my favorite pool song.
Without pool lyrics I like Thorogood's " Bad to the
Bone".

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> "Rack em up" by Johnny Lang <hr /></blockquote>

landshark77
02-01-2005, 11:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>I remember one night I was makin' love in the back seat of a car and the police came and shined his light on me... <hr /></blockquote>

I can tell you from that this TOTALLY kills the mood /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif <hr /></blockquote>

You weren't there where you?!?!?! /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif LMFAO!!!!!

dvsmnstr
02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm with 9 Ball Girl, James Brown but the song "The Payback" from poolhall junkies always gets me in the mood to play pool.

9 Ball Girl
02-01-2005, 01:27 PM
You know it's funny 'cause I remember being in a pool room with nAz and some other friends and it had to be about 3ish AM and this is back when you were able to smoke indoors and someone selected "This is A Man's World" from the jukebox. As soon as it started playing, I just happen to look around the room and realized that I was the only female in there!

eburgslim
02-02-2005, 12:59 AM
For sure mine has got to be Jim Croce's (You don't mess around with Jim )

bluey2king
02-02-2005, 07:18 AM
I also Like Jonny Lang's "Rack 'Em Up"

Gayle in MD
02-02-2005, 08:31 AM
"Witchy Woman" /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif all time favorite
Huey Lewis and the News album...."Heart Of Rock &amp; Roll" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Billy Ocean album....."Carribean Queen" /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

poolturtle
02-02-2005, 10:05 AM
I prefer early to mid 90's alternative. always puts me in a good mood no mater what I'm doing. But one of my favorites to shoot to is "Down Poison" by Three Doors Down.

Deeman2
02-02-2005, 10:18 AM
"Riders on the Storm" and Maybe "Do You Know the Muffin Man" sung to the tune of "Stairway to Heaven."
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
Deeman

Voodoo Daddy
02-02-2005, 10:54 AM
I really like to hear "Statesboro Blues" by the Allmans or "Simple Man" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

Jack Jr
02-02-2005, 01:04 PM
How bout Rod Stewarts "Maggie Mae"

"Steal my daddies cue, make a living out of playing pool"

That is definitly one of the greatest!!!

sack316
02-02-2005, 03:34 PM
I especially like bad to the bone (I always want the last ball to drop as a tap the ashes from my cig).
As crazy at it seems, I always seem to shoot well with anything Britney Spears on (and no, I'm not trying to be funny lol). Especially "Toxic". Don't ask me why.
And a buddy of mine is even worse, "Macarena" gets his game going. There is something wrong with us I guess.

ryushen21
02-04-2005, 12:07 AM
On my iPod i have playlist entitled "Poolhall Hustlin'" which is pretty much all SRV and ZZ Top (give a shout to all my Texas players!!) However, here are a few others that top my fav. songs to play to:

Vanessa Mae - Aurora
O.A.R. - Missing Pieces, Black Rock
Pink Floyd - Money, Brain Damage
Ayumi Hamasaki - Surreal, Evolution
Maria Callas - Habanera from Carmen
Goldfrapp - Strict Machine
Less Is More - Joss Stone

I basically try to get a really rhythmic laid back groove to play to. But i like to mix it up with some fast stuff too.