PDA

View Full Version : Corey Duel at one pocket final at DCC

will8834
01-31-2005, 05:30 PM
Was anyone at the one pocket final at DCC Duel vs Reyes. Corey had to go change clothes 2 times before the match. It would look like you would want to show up in proper attire for the match, but in the end it would be up to you. That is unless there was a dress code then the players should be told in advance. Is there generally a dress code for the tv matches?

DavidMorris
01-31-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes there usually is a dress code for TV matches, sometimes for the entire tournament. What was he wearing that he had to change twice?

will8834
01-31-2005, 06:53 PM
1st time a t shirt and sweat pants. Then blue jeans and a polo shirt. Ended up in a pair slacks and polo shirt.

Tom_In_Cincy
01-31-2005, 07:41 PM
from the DCC website

Dress Code rules (http://derbycityclassic.com/rules.php) [/b]

Dress Code "C" (Casual) Strictly Enforced

The Derby City Classic is striving to attract sponsership outside the billiard industry. Please Dress to impress. Use good judgement. Cotton slacks, blue or colored denims, collared shirts. [b]Plain t-shirts or the like, designer warm ups, sweats, shorts of any kind, or headgear will not be allowed during competition in the tournament arena . Any player who reports to a match and does not meet the dress code will receive a verbal warning from the tournament director. The player must then correct the fault and be ready to play in a specified period of time. Failure to comply may result in loss of match.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-01-2005, 06:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> Please Dress to impress.

<font color="blue">LMAO /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif </font color>

Plain t-shirts or the like, designer warm ups, sweats, shorts of any kind, or headgear will not be allowed during competition in the tournament arena . <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue"> What a joke. I saw guys playing wearing t-shirts, ball caps backwards, shorts, headphones, warm-ups and all kinds of ratty clothes. The only thing I didn't see was sweats.

Also one individual who placed very very high needs to do something with his facial hair before he gets on the tv table again.

For the record, this was only recorded for BCN and accu-stats, not ESPN, thank goodness.</font color>

RUNaRAK
02-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Wally, I must agree with you. I saw some players dressed like they just crawled out of the gutter. One guy was playing in cotton sweatpants with the draw string and a holey shirt early in the banks division.
I did witness the Corey dress incident but they certainly did not enforce the dress code most of the time. There were some pretty comical outfits that did not fall under the dress code for sure. Why make up a code if you are not going to enforce it. IT was obvoious why they enforced it on the TV table but other than that, it was kind of a joke.

jjinfla
02-01-2005, 08:33 AM
AZB had a picture of Corey, Efren and Dave Matlock on their home page. Both Dave and Corey wore t-shirts and looked like bums.

If the professional players want to be respected by the public then they should show a little respect to the public and dress in a professional manner.

I wonder if that is the image Corey wants to give to his sponsors? And he knows full well that he can't wear that when he plays in the Florida Pro Tour.

Jake

hondo
02-01-2005, 11:12 AM
I was there. It seemed silly and disruptive. He was
dressed all right.

BillPorter
02-01-2005, 05:27 PM
I was there for the final, and I'll have to say Corey was looking pretty shabby when he first came out. T-shirt and some loose fitting sweats. But I don't know why they didn't let him play when he came back with decent looking blue jeans and a white golf shirt (collared). They didn't like the jeans and Corey kept pointing to Efren and saying that HE was wearing jeans. Efren was wearing some black jeans. Anyway, it delayed the match quite a bit.

DavidMorris
02-01-2005, 05:49 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BillPorter:</font><hr>Efren was wearing some black jeans.<hr /></blockquote>
Maybe the same person wrote the dress code for DCC that wrote it for the company where I work. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Our dress code forbids blue jeans, yet black/brown/khaki jeans are okay. Alright, methinks, they don't like blue denim, they must think it looks unprofessional. No, wait, women can wear blue denim dresses or skirts, and anybody can wear blue denim shirts (they've even given us blue denim shirts)! Only blue denim jeans are not allowed.

Strange.