PDA

View Full Version : Tangent Line Successes! Broke up cluster! Thanks..

Billy_Bob
02-01-2005, 10:52 AM
I was playing a match last night and noticed that the tangent line for my shot pointed right at one of my balls which was clustered. So I thought to myself... shoot a stun shot and the cue ball should head right for that cluster... (90 deg. rule.)

I shot a stun shot, the cue ball went exactly where it should, and moved my ball out into the open. Everybody says "Great breakout Billy Bob!" (As if I was endowed with some pro player shooting expertise or something.) Actually there was not much skill to the shot, just the right knowledge of how to shoot it.

Also I have not been scratching much. Some nights I don't scratch once. This is quite a switch for me. I'm of course looking at the tangent lines before shooting and shooting to avoid scratching.

Anyway I'm reading what you folks are writing, practicing what you tell me, and my game is improving.

Thanks to all of you for the great tips and advice. It works!

woody_968
02-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Thats great news /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And while many of the great posters here will give you plenty of good tips, its the work that you put into the game that gives you the improvement.

Congrats.

Chris Cass
02-01-2005, 05:03 PM
WTG Billy,

Now take it a step further and with english you can see the ability to direct the cb or the ob into position play for your next shot. The possibilities are huge what you can do when you follow the tangent line and let your mind open up.

Good job,

C.C.