PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Yall

Duckie
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
Been reading this site for a bit and decided to join in. Lots of good info, and support here.

I'm a returning player. After over a 30 year layoff from playing pool serious, at 50 I decided to return to the sport. Way back when, I was fairly decent player and it hasn't taken long to get back to where I left off years ago. Now, that's not saying that I'm any good, but that the foundation and lessons learned long ago were not forgotten.

I've found my biggest problem is how I pace myself during a game. So I came up with what PACE stands for.

P-Patience, taking time to look at the table layout, taking time to see the shot and so on.

A-Attitude, be confident in my skills, in my shot making.

C-Concentration, focus only on what is on the table, not whats going on around me or who I am playing.

E-Execution, doing the shot after all the thinking and looking, just do the shot.

Well, just wanted to add my 2 cents worth.

Deeman2
02-01-2005, 01:13 PM
Welcome Duckie,

Welcome to the Madhouse...

woody_968
02-01-2005, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the board, and nice first post /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Fred Agnir
02-01-2005, 02:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Duckie:</font><hr>
I've found my biggest problem is how I pace myself during a game. So I came up with what PACE stands for.

P-Patience, taking time to look at the table layout, taking time to see the shot and so on.

A-Attitude, be confident in my skills, in my shot making.

C-Concentration, focus only on what is on the table, not whats going on around me or who I am playing.

E-Execution, doing the shot after all the thinking and looking, just do the shot.

Well, just wanted to add my 2 cents worth. <hr /></blockquote>Wow! Nice post.

Fred &lt;~~~ Glad it wasn't - Concente, Relax, Attitude, Patience

PQQLK9
02-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Welcome aboard Duckie and thanks for some good advice.

50 'er ... in two weeks I will be 64 /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheesemouse
02-01-2005, 06:06 PM
Duckie,

Welcome aboard and nice first post. Not a bad way to look at your game. In the "P" part I would not worry about the time spent thinking but I would suggest that there be some sort of set time it takes you to execute once you bend to shot...

And with a name like Duckie and being from San Fran I suggest you stay off the non-pool related side of this board, they are carnivorous over there... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
02-01-2005, 07:19 PM
Cheese, I was looking for a word to describe the "wrong" side of this here message board.....and you came up with it!!!!
yeah, dem's meat-eater's down there, an ya gots to tread softly, and don't rouse dem up
But, there's nine counties in the Bay area, an only one
"Bagdad by the Sea" as Herb Caen used to call it.

CarolNYC
02-02-2005, 03:21 AM
"Welcome to the camp, I guess we all know why your here!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hi!
Carol~ACE
A=Assess
C-commit
E-execute

Rich R.
02-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Welcome Duckie.

Your not the only one who has had an extended hiatus from playing pool. There are many of us here.
Your among friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ChuckR
02-02-2005, 06:24 AM
Welcome Duckie, I'm kind of new to the site also and enjoy reading most of the posts. There seems to be lots of advice with some real nuggets of wisdom thrown in once in a while, if your able to separate the wheat from the chaff. I would estimate that the total experience of this group would be in the upper millions of balls hit. Remember that "its hard to soar like and eagle when you run with turkeys". Glad to meet ya. Chuck

Ives
02-02-2005, 06:34 AM
Hey Duckie, welcome, I like the pace comment, think i might print it out and stick it to the wall as a reminder. One of my biggest problems right now is i have to force myself to slow down. Feel like i have a 10 second shot clock running with no extensions. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DickLeonard
02-02-2005, 06:40 AM
Welcome Duckie and thanks Fred for the laugh. ####

DickLeonard
02-02-2005, 06:42 AM
Cheesemouse No they are Certifiable,Whoops I am one of them.####

Gayle in MD
02-02-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi and welcome,
Hope you enjoy being back in the game. Liked your post!

Gayle in Md. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

woodsy
02-02-2005, 10:24 AM
There should be a WORLD "SENIOR" TOUR(S), for guys like you and me............somethin to 'SHOOT' for! Hey, I can dream, right?

Voodoo Daddy
02-02-2005, 12:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr> Fred &lt;~~~ Glad it wasn't - Concente, Relax, Attitude, Patience <hr /></blockquote>

Jeez Fred...I thought I had it spelled out right all this time?

Stretch
02-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Howdy back at ya! Good post Duckie. Everyone should keep some buzz words to whip'em into shape. St.

Stretch
02-03-2005, 09:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> "Welcome to the camp, I guess we all know why your here!" /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Hi!
Carol~ACE
A=Assess
C-commit
E-execute <hr /></blockquote>

Hey Carol, is "Ace" your new knick-name? It should be, but you'll always be a "Star" to me.

S-sexy
T-talented
A-athletic
R-respected

St.

CarolNYC
02-04-2005, 02:05 AM
There nothing better than waking up with a smile AND a cup of CAWFEE!
Thanks Stretch!
Carol~still looks to the northern skies! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif