PDA

View Full Version : breathing while shooting?

woodsy
02-01-2005, 07:13 PM
I've heard that a player should "breathe in" on the backswing, and "breathe out" during the strike on the cue ball(ie. on the thru-swing) Is there any authoritative info out there? Many thanks.

woody_968
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Welcome to the board /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

While I have read some things on eye patterns, and agree that they are very important to playing pool, I have not read anything on breathing patterns. I know when I used to bowl and wanted to mess with someone I would ask them if they breathed in or out while they released the ball. They would get so messed up thinking about their breathing they couldnt perform anywhere close to their normal level LOL.

I think its important to stay relaxed and continue breathing normally, but I dont think you have to worry about it to the extreme you are asking about, but I suppose if you are getting worked up and holding your breath when down on a shot it might help you.

ChuckR
02-02-2005, 06:30 AM
While I am not conscious about breathing during most shots, I have found that when pressure is really on, taking a deep breath and exhaling slowly before I shoot is a good way to relax. Chuck