PDA

View Full Version : Final Post on this subject...I promise

cueball1950
02-01-2005, 11:06 PM
I just wanted to make 1 last post on this subject. But this Friday, the 4th of February will be my 1 year anniversary of quitting smoking.(where does the time go? seems like just last week) I am proud of myself, and others have also noticed me not smoking and have told me how proud of me they are for not smoking. It makes me feel good when someone i know asks for a cigarette not knowing that i have quit and when i tell them they are totally shocked. They ask, How did you do it,,, the gum or the patch. When i tell them neither they always ask. You went from smoking like a chimney (3 packs a day) to none over night on sheer will power. They always say the same thing. I sure wish i could do it. I tell them. you can. Just take 1 day at a time. Will i ever go back to smoking? I hope not. no one can really say never. But i have a granddaughter named Farron, who is 11 years old, that calls me and tells me that she loves me and is proud of me for quitting. That makes it al worth while. i want to truly THANK everyone on here for their moral support and all their kind words of encouragement. it is greatly appreciated, and now life goes on..........Mike

wolfdancer
02-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Congratulations!!!! you're over the "hump"
I quit at age 7, as did my cousin...we tried one cig
got sick, and never smoked another. Unfortunately didn't quit drinking at age 7
It's like quitting drinking though to an alcoholic...you're always
that one drink, one cig, from going back to where you started
Lucky you, you have your granddaughter for support
much better then some anon group.....

cueball1950
02-01-2005, 11:32 PM
Wolf,, thanks for your kind words. i agree, farron is a special little girl and i would hate to now disappoint her after all the support she has shown and given me......mike

CarolNYC
02-02-2005, 03:29 AM
Good for you.Mike!
It shows you have willpower and the ability to sacrifice for the love another! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
One day at a time!
Carol~the power of love is amazing!

Rich R.
02-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Congratulations Mike.

You are now and official non-smoker. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
02-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Congratulations my friend! It is not an easy thing to do. Your body probably feels better, as do all your friends and relatives. Cheers to a happier longer life!

DG

SPetty
02-02-2005, 08:42 AM
Howdy cueball1950,

Farron isn't the only one that's proud of you. You've done a good job by quitting smoking, and all you have to do now is not smoke again. Gee, that should be easy enough - just choose to not smoke any more cigarettes no matter what!

CONGRATULATIONS! /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
02-02-2005, 08:45 AM
Hey, congrats!

If you could stand in front of the Chesapeake Convention Center surrounded by people smoking and you didn't smoke, everything else should be cake!

See you next month!

PQQLK9
02-02-2005, 09:57 AM
I knew you could do it. Way to go. Keep it up, one day at a time.

Feb. 10th at 11:55 pm will be 25 years for me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keith Talent
02-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Great going, Mike. Sounds like you've got some mighty good reasons to put those days in the past.

Barbara
02-02-2005, 02:30 PM
Way to go Mike!! Have you figured out how much you've saved yet?

Barbara~~~5 years ago last weekend for me...

SPetty
02-02-2005, 02:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>Have you figured out how much you've saved yet?<hr /></blockquote>Might not be such a good idea, because then you have to wonder/figure out where it has gone!

CarolNYC
02-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Lets see, 7.00/pack, a pack/day. 7days a week, 52 weeks in a year-hmmmm-2548.00!A trip to Hawaii! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Carol

SecaucusFats
02-02-2005, 04:12 PM
Major congratulations!

You have inspired me to try quitting again.

I have tried cold turkey, the patches, and the gum. Now I am going to a psychologist who employs hypnosis.

wolfdancer
02-02-2005, 04:16 PM
There's an old Phil Harris song that went
something like this:
"Smoke, smoke, smoke, that cigarette.
Smoke, smoke, smoke it, till you smoke yourself
to death.
Now, St.Peter at the golden Gate,
I said "St. Peter, you'll just have to wait,
I've got to have another cigarette"

Phil Harris???? What century????

cueball1950
02-04-2005, 03:25 PM
Just this final post to thank everybody for their kind thoughts. So a BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY........mike