PDA

View Full Version : Alison Fisher in Colorado

bluey2king
02-02-2005, 08:06 AM
I got to see Alison at Zooster's in Broomfield Colorado on the 29th. What a Cool gracious lady!! (Damn good looking too!!) She met with everyone that wanted to meet her. Put on an Excellent demo of shooting skill and played a lot of people. I was soo Cool to she her in a different light other than the pressure of tourny play. My autographed pic is my pool room!
What impressed me the most on her shooting stroke is that for her draw and follow shots it didn't look like her had to hit them very hard not like I see in my hall.
I just wanted to post what a Great time I had meeting Alison!
Bluey2King

DavidMorris
02-02-2005, 08:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote bluey2king:</font><hr>What impressed me the most on her shooting stroke is that for her draw and follow shots it didn't look like her had to hit them very hard not like I see in my hall.<hr /></blockquote>
That's the sign of a solid, smooth stroke. Many beginner and even intermediate players think you have to hit very hard for a follow or draw, but it's not power that makes it work -- it's a combination of smooth stroke with proper follow-through, and hitting the CB in the proper place. Scott Lee drove this point home with me after noticing that I had a bridge length too long to allow proper follow-through. Once I addressed that, my draw improved dramatically at much softer stroke speeds.

PQQLK9
02-02-2005, 11:36 AM
I have had similar experiences watching her practice here in Charlotte.

Allison has a terrific sense of humor when she is not playing and is very

approachable and accommodating.