PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Florida tour company - FBI front

SnakebyteXX
02-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Sexy Florida tour company is a front for the FBI

By Joe Medici
of the A.M. Costa Rica staff

A Florida sex tourism company is a Federal Bureau of Investigation operation used to catch pedophiles. The bureau uses the Ft. Lauderdale-based costaricataboovacations.com, and Costa Rica is promoted as a lure where travelers can have romantic interludes with children.

A.M. Costa Rica first reported about the company Monday, in a story about the conviction of George Clarke, a former New Jersey middle school teacher. Clarke was arrested on a Costa Rican-bound plane in Miami after he made reservations through the bureau-operated Web site.

Information regarding the bureau’s involvement with the sex tour agency was released during Clarke’s trial. During the course of the trial, the court revealed that the company was an FBI front that was used to gather evidence against Clarke.

A representative from Taboo Vacations, Richard Baxter, declined Monday to comment on the firm’s involvement with the FBI. The spokeswoman at the bureau’s Miami
office, Judy Orihuela, also refused to comment, stating, "The bureau can’t comment on an open case."
Clarke’s lawyer, David Markus, said that the bureau’s practice of operating as a false company and offering these tours bordered on illegal entrapment. "The FBI can’t be allowed to fabricate these types of cases," he said during a telephone interview Monday.

The Web site for the company featured a picture of the Amón Plaza Hotel in San José. The assistant of the president at the hotel, Kritle Fallas, was not aware of the bureau’s involvement in the case. "We noticed the picture several months ago and took action to remove ourselves from the Web site," she said Monday at the hotel. "We do not condone those types of activities, and we do not want to be associated with them."

However, the photo is still there giving the impression the Amón Plaza is a place where sexual activity takes place with underaged individuals. The sex tour Web site offers airfare, hotel stay and "taboo companions." The site’s confidential information form asks for personal data as well as tour interests, including the preferred age of a companion. The site lists preferences that include ages 12 and under.

FBI Pedophile Trap (http://costaricataboovacations.com/)

Costa Rican Editorial:

FBI ends up promoting underage sex here
Just when it seemed the world could not get any wackier, the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation is promoting Costa Rica as a place for tourists to have romantic interludes with children.
That may not have been the intent of the bureau. Agents set up a "taboo vacations" Web page to catch pedophiles. The idea is that the pedophile would sign up through the Web page, state that he or she is seeking sex with children and end up being captured before leaving the United States.

But for every person who is dumb enough to sign up for underage sex, hundreds will view the Web site and get the impression that Costa Rica is a place where 12-year-olds are offered for sale.

Nowhere on the Web site does the FBI even suggest that such activity might be illegal in Costa Rica.

And to top it off, the premier investigatory agency of the United States puts up a photo of the Hotel Amón Plaza as a site for a tryst.

What were these people thinking?

Have they never heard of intellectual property rights? A webmaster cannot just use photos without permission.

The Web site did manage to snag a New Jersey teacher who stupidly filled out the online form,

even the part where one can choose the age of child companions.

But how many more pedophiles are on their way here because the Web site promoted Costa Rica as a place to fulfill their twisted desires.

Don’t bother complaining. The FBI will not comment on its Web site. The agency has a long history of making public comment a one-way street. They are the hotshot FBI, and they do not have to answer to mere mortals.

In fact, the clowns that created this idea probably will get a medal.

Maybe next they will move on to creating Web sites to entrap other would-be criminals:

"Cocaine smuggling and multi-level marketing. Sign up now"

"Become a suicide bomber. Al-Qaeda needs you. Sign up now"

"The Mafia needs a few good men. Sign here!"

And maybe one that says:

"Oversight needed for FBI loose cannons. Call now!"

Editorial link (http://www.amcostarica.com/)

DavidMorris
02-02-2005, 10:55 AM
While I understand Costa Rica's concern over the bad publicity, I applaud the FBI for doing whatever it takes to catch low-life scumbags such as these. Personally I don't care if it IS entrapment -- trap 'em and lock 'em up.

But perhaps the FBI should have used Thailand instead of Costa Rica for their "honeypot" scheme -- I don't think Thailand's image could be harmed any more beyond what it already is. It's long been reported as the place to go to for that sort of "thing."

wolfdancer
02-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Do they have any off-season specials, or discounts for AARP members?
But I absolutely refuse to go lower then 17...although some 16's are mature for their age, and who can spot the difference, between 15 and 16?
I read recently where Fathers, from Romania...and living in France....hope I got the countries right...are pimping their
teen daughters, even their sons, to survive, to save the family......and the police look the other way, because the pedaphiles are adding to the economy, etc
And over here we have "road rage" over losing a few seconds in traffic

Deeman2
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DavidMorris:</font><hr> While I understand Costa Rica's concern over the bad publicity, I applaud the FBI for doing whatever it takes to catch low-life scumbags such as these. Personally I don't care if it IS entrapment -- trap 'em and lock 'em up. <font color="blue"> And throw away the key!!! </font color>

But perhaps the FBI should have used Thailand instead of Costa Rica for their "honeypot" scheme -- I don't think Thailand's image could be harmed any more beyond what it already is. It's long been reported as the place to go to for that sort of "thing." <hr /></blockquote> David, I lived in Rayong Province in Thailand for two years. It was discusting to see the tourists with 11-15 year old girls on the back of their motor scooters everywhere. The Germans seemed to be the worse as many would come there for a few weeks "Urlaub" and "rent" one of these children for their perverted pleasure. One approached my daughter's girlfriend (about 13, she was an adopted Asian) in Pataya while they were shopping WITH HER FATHER and found out not all of us Americans/Canadians (he was Canadian) are pacifists. My daughter's friend's father layed him out on the pavement. Her father paid a 100 baht fine/bribe to a streetcop and said it was the best five bucks he ever spent. I bet it's even worse now, after the tidalwave...<font color="blue"> </font color>

Deeman
wish I'd been with them, another five bucks wouldn't have hurt...

Chopstick
02-02-2005, 01:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> David, I lived in Rayong Province in Thailand for two years. It was discusting to see the tourists with 11-15 year old girls on the back of their motor scooters everywhere. The Germans seemed to be the worse as many would come there for a few weeks "Urlaub" and "rent" one of these children for their perverted pleasure. One approached my daughter's girlfriend (about 13, she was an adopted Asian) in Pataya while they were shopping WITH HER FATHER and found out not all of us Americans/Canadians (he was Canadian) are pacifists. My daughter's friend's father layed him out on the pavement. Her father paid a 100 baht fine/bribe to a streetcop and said it was the best five bucks he ever spent. I bet it's even worse now, after the tidalwave...<font color="blue"> </font color>

Deeman
wish I'd been with them, another five bucks wouldn't have hurt... <hr /></blockquote>

Wow, DeeMan. I guess you've been around. I've got a friend who has a Thai wife. She calls me thong yai.