PDA

View Full Version : WPBA - Last Rights

05-29-2002, 08:53 AM
Here we go again. Is it now time for us to administer the last rights to the WPBA and prepare for the funeral?

Lurking WPBA member

Rich R.
05-29-2002, 09:28 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Saddened &amp; Upset:</font><hr> Here we go again. Is it now time for us to administer the last rights to the WPBA and prepare for the funeral?

Lurking WPBA member<hr></blockquote>
Considering the actions of the current WPBA BOD, since January, that could be a good thing.
I would prefer it if the membership would take charge and rebuild the WPBA from within and not waste the hard work done by former board members, but the WPBA is not destined to continue the way it is.
Can some one tell me when the current BOD is up for reelection? Hopefully, it is soon and the membership can trigger some change.
Rich R.

MikeM
05-29-2002, 10:11 AM
You tell us S&amp;U. You're a member, what does it look like from the inside? A lot of the posters here on the outside think the ship is sinking and fast. Are we right or not?

I, for one, would love to hear from the other side.

MM

jjinfla
05-29-2002, 12:19 PM
&lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;
Can some one tell me when the current BOD is up for reelection? Hopefully, it is soon and the membership can trigger some change.
Rich R. <hr></blockquote>

What good will that do? If the wrong person is elected then the controlling members of the BOD will just vote her out and put in whomever they want. I guess the chance (fat, slim and none) to play on TV for the big bucks keeps the members paying their dues. Jake

Ralph S.
05-29-2002, 02:43 PM
I like what you said MM. I feel the same way. It tough for alot of us to know what is really going on inside the WPBA as most of us on the CCB are male.
Ralph S.

05-29-2002, 03:32 PM
Can't they have some sort of reorganization vote soon. Everyone is out. And vote in all new people. If any of the ones in control are any good, they could always be voted back in.

jjinfla
05-29-2002, 03:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Eddie G Chgo:</font><hr> Can't they have some sort of reorganization vote soon. Everyone is out. And vote in all new people. If any of the ones in control are any good, they could always be voted back in. <hr></blockquote>

Hey Eddie, even Mayor Daley wouldn't pull a stunt like that. Removal from office and elections are dictated by the by-laws of the organization. Jake

05-29-2002, 04:01 PM
hello dr. d we can not hear you

Doctor_D
05-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Good evening:

You can not hear me because I have NO public comment on this subject. While I will lurk and monitor these posts, it would be totally inappropriate for me to comment on this topic.

Dr. D.

05-29-2002, 05:08 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. Lorri is LHAO. Hey lurker, where the hell is my SP Card?

05-29-2002, 06:33 PM
As I recall, S&amp;U, and my memory is VERY good, you were one of the first ones to jump on the bandwagon trouncing Jan during the Dr. D debacle. Why the turnaround? I'm not trying to be flip or rude, just very curious. I don't want to see the WPBA destroyed, and I don't think anyone here does either, but do you think that things are good there? I personally think they could be a hell of a lot better, and that's what we'd all like to see. That hope is what's really at the heart of all these posts over the " state of the WPBA". Please don't take this stuff personally. The membership at the CCB has no voice over there. We can only shout from here and hope we're heard.