PDA

View Full Version : Joss cues on ebay

youngtrane
02-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Hey all,
I've been surfing ebay for a while, looking at various cues, etc. I noticed that a bunch of Joss's have been selling like crazy lately ... the sellers claim MSRPs of over 300, and they're selling for around 150-200 each. The sellers have positive feedback ... the only thing that is a little weird is that the models that they are selling seem to be found nowhere except on ebay (ie the M series, MJ series, and now a P series). I'm looking in particular at the M006 model. Anybody know anything about these cues? They're listed as "custom." They seem to be authentic joss (they each have a serial # engraved in the joint) but as far as the claimed MSRPs ... i'm a little wary. Thanks!

Jonathan

will8834
02-03-2005, 04:45 PM
Generaly if you buy whole sell you get them for 40-60% off msrp.

tateuts
02-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Dealers can have lines of cues especially made for them by Joss. There are some less expensive lines made in Asia and imported from what I understand. I tried a couple of the modern Joss cues and I didn't like them at all.

Chris

mksmith713
02-04-2005, 12:44 AM
What they're offering is last years models.
Not a damn thing wrong with picking up last years model at 1/2 the price.
It's one year closer to being a classic already....:)

buddha162
02-04-2005, 05:04 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> There are some less expensive lines made in Asia and imported from what I understand. <hr /></blockquote>

And they are indistinguishable from the ones Danny Janes make right here in the states? This is the first I've heard of this.

-Roger

Fred Agnir
02-04-2005, 08:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> Dealers can have lines of cues especially made for them by Joss. There are some less expensive lines made in Asia and imported from what I understand. I tried a couple of the modern Joss cues and I didn't like them at all.

Chris
<hr /></blockquote>I've never heard this.

Fred

tateuts
02-04-2005, 08:18 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote buddha162:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> There are some less expensive lines made in Asia and imported from what I understand. <hr /></blockquote>

And they are indistinguishable from the ones Danny Janes make right here in the states? This is the first I've heard of this.

-Roger <hr /></blockquote>

This is what I heard. However, it might be wrong. I sent Joss an e-mail to clarify - I'll let you know.

Chris

tateuts
02-04-2005, 08:45 AM
Well, Dan straightened me out. I had heard that the lower cost line of cues sold in sporting goods stores, like the "wheel" cue, were imports. I wrote Joss and asked them this morning.

He implied that this rumor was possibly started by competitors. Here is the rest of Dan's immediate reply:

(edited down)...

"Chris,

My cues (Joss Cues) are ALL made in my shop right here in the USA. I have been making cues since 1967 and have had three locations.

A two car garage was the first one. The next shop was a small 1800 sq. ft place. The shop I have now I've been in for 30yrs +.

My son and myself run this shop and my wife and daughter run the office (and me).

Small American business is what Joss Cues is.
Any cue you get that has the Joss Logo is a cue made by me here in the USA.

Regards,

Dan"

Sorry for any role I had in keeping this rumor alive but this is straight from the horse's mouth.

The output of cues these guys have is pretty amazing, no??

Chris

Fred Agnir
02-04-2005, 09:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote buddha162:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> There are some less expensive lines made in Asia and imported from what I understand. <hr /></blockquote>

-Roger <hr /></blockquote>

This is what I heard. However, it might be wrong. I sent Joss an e-mail to clarify - I'll let you know.

Chris <hr /></blockquote>I've got an e-mail from Dan Janes who I am happy to report writes:

"Fred,
Pleeze ...... I have been making cues since 1967 and have always made
every thing in the good old USA."

Fred &lt;~~~ squasher of internet rumors

Fred Agnir
02-04-2005, 09:26 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>

Chris <hr /></blockquote>I've got an e-mail from Dan Janes who I am happy to report writes:

"Fred,
Pleeze ...... I have been making cues since 1967 and have always made
every thing in the good old USA."
----------------------------------------

I happened to be fortunate enough to have been at an impromptu meeting with ACA members who were addressing the Asian cue market. From the flavor of the conversation, any notion that Joss had any ties to Asian manufacturing would be 100% out of the question.

Fred &lt;~~~ squasher of internet rumors