PDA

View Full Version : Got my break working. 9ballon bk 3 in row 4 total.

christopheradams
02-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Last night at work I have 2 15 min break periods, 1 30min break period and I got the 9 on the break 4 times total and 3 times in a row. I was breaking pretty good all night(making multiple balls and good cueball control) and heres some things that I think were helping my break.
1. I was leaning into my break with my body instead of going upwards I was going more forward.
2. I was using about 85% of my total break speed that I can produce.
3. I was using a more inward stroke(kinda hard to explain). Like I was bringing my stroking forarm as far as it would go and then lean into it.

LARRY_BOY
02-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Remind me not to let you rack for yourself.....

Popcorn
02-04-2005, 02:41 PM
There is a good chance that what was helping your break was the balls falling into a pattern when they were being racked. This often happens and balls begin going in like crazy even 9's

christopheradams
02-04-2005, 02:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> There is a good chance that what was helping your break was the balls falling into a pattern when they were being racked. This often happens and balls begin going in like crazy even 9's <hr /></blockquote>

I don't buy that. I always rack for myself when practicing and I always am not breaking up to my potential. Plus the racking conditions on our work table are not ideal. Bar table with a old plastic rack, dirty table, dirty balls. Plus you should see some of the other guys break my racks, its like they think the balls are made of glass and they might break em litteraly /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

wolfdancer
02-04-2005, 03:11 PM
"dirty table, dirty balls"
they might break em "litter"-aly
nice play on words!!!!
I got the world's worst break myself...you made three
9-balls in a row, and I haven't made three in the last 6 mos.

Bob_Jewett
02-04-2005, 03:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Popcorn:</font><hr> There is a good chance that what was helping your break was the balls falling into a pattern when they were being racked. This often happens and balls begin going in like crazy even 9's <hr /></blockquote>

I don't buy that. ... <hr /></blockquote>
But you should. The nine doesn't move if the balls are racked tightly, as with the Sardo. Your rack is loose. Exactly how it's loose determines which balls move a lot. You may want to get Joe Tucker's book about racks. He tells you exactly which balls you want loose to make or not make the nine move.

For a related story, see: http://groups-beta.google.com/groups?q=kip%27s+tim+grissim

LARRY_BOY
02-05-2005, 03:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Remind me not to let you rack for yourself.....

Remind me not to let you rack for ypourself.... <hr /></blockquote>

1Time
02-05-2005, 03:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote christopheradams:</font><hr>
1. I was leaning into my break with my body instead of going upwards I was going more forward.
2. I was using about 85% of my total break speed that I can produce.
3. I was using a more inward stroke(kinda hard to explain). Like I was bringing my stroking forarm as far as it would go and then lean into it.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm guessing this helped with your control and consistency, and that you were breaking on a bar table. Nice work, keep it up.