PDA

View Full Version : C.C. Cancer friends, deepest regrets, apologies

Chris Cass
02-05-2005, 01:32 AM
My dearest friends,

I'm so sorry to have to break this bad news to all of you that have been so dear within my heart to me and my family. After I was so tired from beating this terrible thing the last 2 yrs with all the love and support you've all given to us. It turned it's head and came a secondary cancer.

They told me I had beaten it. They led me to believe it was all over. Not their fualt as they don't know or have the equipment in todays technology to see the microscopic particles that lie within the bodies nodes.

I found that I had cancer in my bones and now to find out the small particles in my lungs and yesterday the liver also through CT scan. They'res noway out but remission. That itself is 19% chance. I did with your help get past the 5% chance they told me I had the first time but now? I'm afraid it's not good.

I wanted to tell all of you that have shared your love with me throughout the battle and some won't know how to take such things when heard. It's tough but I'm really concentrating on my son Spike and wife Hiede. That's where it's really tough. Spike being only 12 and knowing such things has really thrown him for a loop.

He's quiet and gets mad easily over stupid things when he thinks of it but in general he's very attentive to my needs. Heide doesn't give one indication of giving in at all.

You'll have to forgive me for not telling all of you as I didn't know what to say myself. I knew something was up only having weighed 126lbs for so long and not gaining any weight. I blew it off due to having 1/2 a belly. I know weigh 113lbs after receiving the radiation the last 30 days. Lastnight was brutal as I went in for a blood trans. I had a Hickman port put in the day before so they can administer chemo.

It all started when I was unable to bend down over the table to shoot. JimS seen the near beginning before playing. I didn't know how to tell him.

Anyway, I wanted to thank all of you that supported me before and tell you your prayers and wishes haven't been waisted. I think of you all daily and in my prayers too.

I wanted to give a special thanks to who and whom put me in the last yrs US Open. That made my dream come true. You've been on my mind forever and I would like to know who or whom it was but that's yours to hold.

I continue to read the board but sometimes unable to post due to the back pain I've been getting. They'v got me on drugs only death bed people get. It's horrible but gives me the only relief in sight. I will post as long as I can or even dictate to K-Mom some when I can't.

Please forgive me for not letting you all know this. The copy of the book where Mike wrote the article on the CCB support to me will be charished in my heart.

My humble apolotgies for the people whom I've hurt in any of my words.

Your friend,

Chris Cass Aiardo

GeraldG
02-05-2005, 01:51 AM
You're right Chris, I don't know what to say. I never do in situations like this....it's one of my (many) failings. I lost a very dear friend year before last to leukemia...I just didn't know what to say to him either...I regret not being able to find words to express to him what I was feeling. I think he knew, though.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers, as will your wife and son. Hang in there and don't give up...that's the mark of a pool player. We don't quit.

I wish I could come up with some "pearl of wisdom"...I just don't have any to offer right now.

CarolNYC
02-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Chris,
In Canada, there is something, that isnt approved in US,-it works, cause I know someone who went there!
Carol

Paul_Mon
02-05-2005, 03:46 AM
One day at a time Chris. At times like this we need to keep our faith in God.

BLACKHEART
02-05-2005, 03:53 AM
My prayers are still with you & your family...JER

Rich R.
02-05-2005, 04:42 AM
Chris, your down a couple of racks, but "it ain't over, until its over".
You said you have a 19% chance. Keep plugging away. You owe it to Heide, Spike and yourself.

Get well and we will all see you at the Open, again this year. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
02-05-2005, 05:27 AM
Hi Rich,

You bring a smile to my unbelieving mind. I haven't given in as you know that I'm not the type of player. I still shoot leagues today. I did it for a friend and although I can't get into my stance my words of wisdom once said to me. As long as you can place your head over the cue, it will work. Is true, I've since made the transition to the Boti and it hits like a dream. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

My love to Cath,

C.C.~~Rich's light burns bright. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Gayle in MD
02-05-2005, 05:29 AM
Dearest Chris,
Having met you for the first time last year in Valley Forge, I want you to know, you are one of those special people, whose goodness and kindness shines through, and is evident at that very first moment of meeting.

Your wonderful son, Spike, truly grabbed my heart, and although I have never had the pleasure of meeting Heidi, I hope I will someday.

Please know what is in my heart, and how loved you are by everyone. We are all here for you, and praying for that second recovery.

I wish you well my friend.

Love,
Gayle in Md.

Chris Cass
02-05-2005, 05:34 AM
Gerald,

I think your friend has heard you now. Funny, how we all find ourselves in awkward situations and fumble through the words but the answers always lie's within the eyes. The eyes say everything we feel.

Regards,

C.C.~~welcome aboard my friend Gerald. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
02-05-2005, 05:37 AM
As ours with you and your JER. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~one day will meet and if we don't? It's ok because we've known eachother forever. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
02-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Thanks Gayle,

Spike still speaks so highly of you as you too have left a forever lasting feeling of friendship and love within our hearts. Your truely a remarkable woman and so much fun to talk to and be with. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

ChuckR
02-05-2005, 05:59 AM
Dear Chris,
I don't know you except through this site, but I just wanted to say that you are a true hero in my book. You make us all realize not to ever give up and to have faith in God and in ourselves. I will always have a fresh piece of chalk for you and hope all of your racks are tight. Chuck

Vagabond
02-05-2005, 06:10 AM
Hey Chris,
I am sorry to hear this.Do not give up.
you are a Good Man.U are in my prayers.
Vagabond

Deeman2
02-05-2005, 06:56 AM
All our prayers are with you, Chris.

Deeman

Stretch
02-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi C.C.
Mrs. Stretch here, Stretch let me read your posting and asked me to reply to you. I worked for 13 years at the Canadian Cancer Society, Onclogy Clinic here in Halifax Nova Scotia. Your story made me think about a client I meet who had tumors (three) in the brain, bone and liver. He went through all the traditional treatments (Chemo & Radiation), then decided to look for alternative therapy. Their is a Physician in Chester, Nova Scotia (Dr. William LaValley) who specializes in alternative threatment. This gentleman went to Dr. LeValley and decided to try his treatment. Six months later came back to the Cancer Clinic for his checkup- Dr. Wong (Onclogist) took a scan and found one of the tumors was gone. Told this man their was something wrong with the scan but as the client told me, he knew Dr. LeValley's treatment was working. After a year, he returned to the clinic and was told all his tumors were gone and he was in remission. This was several years ago, but ran into this gentlemen last year, looking terrific. He contributes his remission to two factors, the conventional treatments and alternative therapy. As he put it Dr.'s do not know how strong ones mind is. I am not saying Dr. LeValley heals everyone and his treatment works for everyone but thought this information would be helpful to you. If you would like his number, please leave a private message with Stretch (do not wnat to put his number over an open board)and you can contact him for infomation, if you like.
One thing I learned from my clients, everyday is a new day- get up, get dressed and get smiling!!!!!!
Mrs. Stretch

DSAPOLIS
02-05-2005, 07:12 AM
Chris, as I said to you privately, I will keep you in my prayers. You have my number,call me any time. Be strong and keep the faith.

stickman
02-05-2005, 07:35 AM
Chris, I still pray for the miracle of your health, and and the blessing of Heide, and Spike daily. I'll continue to do so. Should it pass that we don't recieve the miracle we asked for, I pray that he grants you comfort and peace in knowing that you are loved by so many. No apology necessary my friend. I had a sense that something was happening. I apologize for not checking on you more often, but I said, I suspected you were having problems, and didn't want to burden you further, while you were coping in you own way. My life has been rewarded by your friendship, and I very much cherish it, today and always. I still very much hope to get the chance to meet you in person.
Your friend, Jim

Bob
02-05-2005, 07:45 AM
Chris ~ Both Bob and I are there for you, Spike and Heide. You know this, what ever you need.
WE will be thinking about you all and praying everyday for recovery.
Bob tried to call several times, to no avail. I will update him later today. You all have been friends for a lifetime and he cherishes your friendship as I do.

Our love and prayers go out to you. Hang in there.

Eydie

tateuts
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Chris,

First of all, I want to thank you for bringing so many smiles to my face.

In many ways this forum belongs to you. You are the heart and soul of it. It's hard to judge people by the words they write, but your sincerity and personality shine through. You have the magic touch - the ability to move people with words alone.

It is heartbreaking to know you and your family are going through this. We are all pullng for you, Chris.

Chris Tate

PQQLK9
02-05-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey Chris, hang tough buddy as I know you can do. Me and my families prayers
are with you as always. YOU are an inspriration to us all.

your dawg,

DavidMorris
02-05-2005, 08:32 AM
C.C., it's hard to find the right words to say. Just keep your chin up, know that God works miracles every single day, and until He's ready for you, you ain't going anywhere! You're in my thoughts and prayers.

DebraLiStarr
02-05-2005, 08:37 AM
Chris

We all love you and care for you and your family very much. Remain positive and stay in good spirits. We'll be behind you every step of the way.

Love ya

Troy
02-05-2005, 08:54 AM
Chris, Chris, my dear friend Chris... Although we have never met personally,
I feel we know each other personally.
My heart goes out to you, Heide and Spike.
I have a slight knowledge of what you are going through. My weight is now up to 120 but I'm still gaining pounds. For you to be down to 113 is not good news.
Fight this thing with all your might Chris. You have a giant heart.
Words escape me right now my friend. My prayers are with you.

Troy

pooljunkie73
02-05-2005, 09:12 AM
I will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers, Chris. Keep the faith my friend, you have alot of people in your corner.

Kent

Scott Lee
02-05-2005, 09:29 AM
To my buddy, CC...You know how much I care about you and your family. As hard as it was for you, I'm so glad you, Heide & Spike came over to Des Moines for the weekend. It was a great family outing; one to remember and be proud of!
I know you're no quitter (nor am I)...and my prayers for your total recovery go on daily. Love you man...

Scott

Tom_In_Cincy
02-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Chris,
In my prayers as usual, also Spike and Heidie.

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2005, 09:43 AM
Chris,

There is not much of any good way for me to begin nor end this response, much as you surely felt yourself when you wrote yours to us. Part of me of course wants to say "put your chin up and put God in control" and part of me is just like Spike, a tendency to become angry and questionable with God, there are several people I know and have known, including a family member, all worth their weight in gold, many of whom "danced their given song of reality" and still ended up losing to this thing. Chris, I surely don't mean to be even more depressing Friend. Today, I am just sad and I honestly feel for you and your family for the continuing battles. I know the cancer CAN correct itself, but let's be frank, that is diminishing, and without doubt(to me) must be what you are fighting against inside you mind with each and every event of this trail of tribulations which you continue to be faced with.

I've try to get inside of your whole mind and body with this thing, but only you Chris really knows what this is like. My hope and prayers for you, Heidi, and Spike definetely remain daily. You three have and still inspired us here, shown us what someone can muster in strength to maintain hope, these things you've freely given to us, billiards knowledge and unselfish love for people, have to be some of God's reasoning for allowing this to continue, else the basic belief in a living God Himself can been threatened. Am I touting the Almighty as everything to rely upon? Yes at an eventual time, that worst time, well any time, but today I feel it is the support and friendships, "that love" we all feel toward you is what I want you to carry with you. Love everyone Chris, yourself most, and fully understand that you are surrounded by ton's of real good people pulling for you.

As you may tell I'm not my usual self in finding adequate words for this news today, I apologize for that, it's just that this is very tough news. I'm not giving up and yet I also know where these things can and do go for many, so it is becoming an issue with me for preparation, preparation for the continuing pain of it all till whatever happens to be the outcome, hopefully a new beginning. All I can fumble around and say is this, "Love your family intensely today, tomorrow and forever in every way you have the physical and mental strength available to you, each and every minute." I'll do the same in my own way from down here in Texas.

It ain't over yet, that is the one blessing we all have today, and it could get right again, it happens. God forbid that it doesn't go the other way, still we have to prepare and make the absolute best of each second, minute and day, no matter what.

So what do we do now? Pray and hope, and the pray and hope again, trust in professional medical advances, and seek God's reasons, that's about all that I can think to do. I feel for you and your family for having to endure these treatements all over again, I really don't know how you've done it Chris, I doubt I'd do as stellar a job as you have done and continue to do. My life seems miserable at times in personal ways, and you have reconctructed my life in general. Right now all this makes me feel selfish by even allowing myself to register my petty troubles, so there in itself is one gift I've been given from you, humbleness. THANK YOU. "Be thankful for what we have today" and live life to the fullest.

Take care Chris. I will hopefully make a better collection of words at a later time, but today, I am consumed in thought and way off balance for being my natural self. Stay in touch. We all love you here.

Sincerely,
Sid

woody_968
02-05-2005, 10:06 AM
CC, there is really no way for me to express what I am feeling so I will just let you know that you and your family have been in my thoughts since you last mentioned what was going on.

Hang in there buddy, we are all pulling for you.

Woody

Mr Ingrate
02-05-2005, 10:25 AM
Chris,

We're rooting for you. Keep your head up.

rukiddingme
02-05-2005, 10:59 AM
Chris,
I am humbled by your wisdom, love, faith and courage.
Steve and I will be in the QC area in 10 days or so and I hope we can get together and break bread with you, Heide and Spike.
Take care,
Veronique

Perk
02-05-2005, 11:21 AM
CC,

You are a champion that has won before, and can win again! I will be praying for you and your family!

Perk

dg-in-centralpa
02-05-2005, 12:34 PM
Chris,
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You won with only 5%, 19% is better odds. I'm putting my money on you. Hang tight. You've got many friends on this board pulling and praying for you.

Duane

cueball1950
02-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Chris, I am so terribly sorry to hear this sad news. God answered our prayers the last time so hopefully he will hear our thoughts and our prayers this time and help you overcome this one. You are as strong as a rock. Your will to survive is already established. Just keep believing in that faith of God that you have and we will all help and pray for you. A friend always...........mike

DickLeonard
02-05-2005, 02:37 PM
Chris you know I am your number one rooter and you know your in my prayers,Always.Dick

SPetty
02-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Thinking of you Chris---
It's hokey, yet moving...

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final curtain.
My friend, Iíll say it clear,
Iíll state my case, of which Iím certain.

Iíve lived a life thatís full.
Iíve traveled each and evíry highway;
And more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Regrets, Iíve had a few;
But then again, too few to mention.
I did what I had to do
And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this,
I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, Iím sure you knew
When I bit off more than I could chew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I ate it up and spit it out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it my way.

Iíve loved, Iíve laughed and cried.
Iíve had my fill; my share of losing.
And now, as tears subside,
I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
And may I say - not in a shy way,
No, oh no not me,
I did it my way.

For what is a man, what has he got?
If not himself, then he has naught.
To say the things he truly feels;
And not the words of one who kneels.
The record shows I took the blows -
And did it my way!

JMD in VA
02-05-2005, 03:20 PM
My friend, go read 1 Peter 5:7!
That is all we ever need.
Keep fighting! We all love you!

JMD in VA

JimS
02-05-2005, 05:22 PM
Just be the best CC you can be for today and always remember that you are loved.

Vapros
02-05-2005, 06:07 PM
Chris, I'm really sorry to hear that things are not so good for you this weekend. I'm not a very devout man, but I believe in science and in doctors. They are not always right, but they know more about this than anyone else. Do what they advise, and be as strong as you possibly can.

Right now, I'm watching a former co-worker who is coming back from a similar spot. I believe she is going to make it, and I believe you can, too. Give it your best shot, pal. Thinking about you . . .

NH_Steve
02-05-2005, 06:56 PM
Wow, Chris -- your courage is a huge inspiration. I only hope if I ever have to face what you are going through, that I find just half your strength -- I like my chances if I do. God Bless and good strength and may your days stretch to many years.

sack316
02-05-2005, 11:54 PM
we will all be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. And if there is anything at all I can possibly do for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

Barbara
02-06-2005, 12:30 PM
Hey Chris!

I just got back from a tourny and got your pm.

What do have to apologize for? You don't have apologize for anything. The format of the tournament changed and now you have to go back in and fight again.

I hope maybe you seek some of the alternate medicine Mrs. Stretch was referring to.

Barbara

Brian in VA
02-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Chris my man,

You are one of the strongest men I've ever met. I shudder at your horrible news and believe that if anyone can beat this twice, it's you! I'm sending nothing but positive energy to you my friend as is everyone that knows you and with all that, there's no guarantee. But my money is on you my friend. One day at a time.

Much love to you, Heide and Spike,
Brian in VA

Popcorn
02-06-2005, 04:10 PM
These guys always make me laugh..

http://www.snoopy.com/comics/peanuts/meet_the_gang/images/gang_all.gif

The Top 10 Lessons I Learned
from Peanuts

For more then 50 years the daily comic strip "Peanuts" entertained millions of readers. Every day, the adventures of Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Linus and the whole gang provided many laugh-out-loud moments while at the same time offering a daily inspiration and lessons on life.

1. It's okay to be afraid... just don't let your fears control you.
Charlie Brown often sat in bed and spoke of his fears, but no matter how scared he was, he always did the things he wanted to do.

2. Persistence wins out.
Charlie Brown often lost, failed at much, but he never gave up. Even though he knew Lucy was going to pull the football away before he could kick it.... Even though he knew the tree was going to eat his kite... Even though he knew his team would lose the ball game, he kept on trying.

3. It's what you think of yourself that matters most.
Linus carried a security blanket for years and his friends laughed at him. They also laughed at him because he believed in the 'Great Pumpkin.'

Pigpen was a walking cloud of dust and dirt and was often regarded unkindly. Both characters, however, were always proud of themselves and believed they were as good as anybody else -- and they were right.

4. Sometimes you need to talk.
One thing the 'Peanuts' gang understood was the importance of talking things out. Whether leaning up against Schroeder's piano or atop the brick wall, they always had someplace to discuss what was of concern to them.

5. Sometimes you need to listen.
Even crabby, self-indulged Lucy knew the importance of listening. She started the famous 'Psychiatry Booth' where any and all could come and be heard.

6. Do what you love to do.
Through all their adventures, Schroeder remained constant in his appreciation of Beethoven and his love of playing the piano. He loved to play piano and that's what he did, regardless of the circumstances. Charlie Brown flew his kite, played baseball and football, not just to win (he knew he wouldn't), but because he loved to do those things.

7. It's important to have friends that care.
The 'Peanuts' gang was made up of individual characters, each with their own foibles and talents, but through it all they were always there for each other.

8. Big dreams lead to big things!
Snoopy was the biggest dreamer of them all, but his wild imagination often led to even wilder, more fantastic adventures in real life. Snoopy knew that you must have a big dream if you are going to lead a big life.

9. Action creates reality.
As Charlie Brown was reminded time and again after prodding from Linus: it takes action to bring about change. Though he often failed, Chuck took action quite regularly... and every now and again things would go his way.

10. Laugh every day!
Go play softball. Fly a kite. Dance with your dog. Smile... it makes people wonder what you're up to.
-----------
I am sorry I am not that good with words, but I am pulling for you.

Your friend

ras314
02-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Chris, your strength of will and tenacity during this ordeal is a source of inspiration to us all. And your concern for others is truly amazing.

9 Ball Girl
02-06-2005, 07:03 PM
I don't know what to say except that you're in my heart along with Heide and Christ. Just thought I'd let you know that they've got prayers going for you over on the AZB forums too.

landshark77
02-06-2005, 07:26 PM
Chris,

I am not sure what to say as I really do not know you like the other folks on this forum do. I'm a day late and a buck short, I ALWAYS am. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I am thinking of you and your family. From what I understand you have beat this game once before. My money's on you. You maybe a few racks down, but you will rebound.

FastJoey
02-06-2005, 09:18 PM
GOD BLESS Chris ....you are in our Prayers

Keith Talent
02-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Chris,

Like everybody else, I'm sorry to hear about your setback, but I'm pulling hard for you to turn it around like you did before. Docs may know what drugs and treatments to try, but there's no way they know how much heart you've got to fight this thing. They throw out these numbers 5%, 19% ... what are they basing that on? Maybe the average person, who's as likely as not to give up down 2-0 in a race to 7. So keep going after it ... hang in there long enough, and you know this thing's got to quit on you eventually.

Steve Lipsky
02-07-2005, 08:57 AM
Hey Chris. I just read your post. I knew things might not have been going so well when it had been a while since I heard from you. But like another poster mentioned, I didn't want to burden you with calls or PMs during this difficult time.

Chris, you mean so much to everyone on this board, and we're all gonna be praying for you everyday. We do ask two favors of you in return - that you never lose hope and that, especially during the hard times, you remember how much we all love you and are pulling for you.

Chris, hugs to you, Heide, and Spike. You call or write anytime you want; I'll always be there for you.

- Steve

Eric.
02-07-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm just chiming in here. Keep fighting the good fight, Chris. We're all pulling for ya!

Eric

cycopath
02-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Chris,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.
Stay strong. Don't lose focus. I KNOW you can beat this thing. You got the nuts.

Stay real brother.
Brian

HOWARD
02-07-2005, 02:04 PM
C.C.

Only know you through this board, and you are aces by me.
I know you have it to beat again. You have done it.

I would respectfully suggest that you may want to take
Ms. Stretch up on her offer. I am not the expert, but I
did see someone with my own eyes beat cancer for several
years and afte she given only several months to live. They use the holistic medical approach and it work. And I believe it still be working if they had not caught up in an Amy scheme which I believe broke all good stuff they she was doing.

Best to you,

Howard

Rod
02-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Chris my friend, I don't know what to say. What terrible news. All you can do as always is take it 1 day at a time. I pray you'll beat it this time around as well. You surely don't need to apologize for anything, rather, take care of your own personal needs at this time.

Several years ago the owner of Hustler magazine was on TV with his beautiful wife. Her cancer was cured with a derivative of rocket fuel. It's just a thought, you should have some options by now. What ever you do, stay strong. I know that is difficult with what you have been through.

You have touched me and everyone here on CCB with your strength and courage. You keep fighting, I'll keep you near my heart. My best to Heide and Spike, I don't pretend to know what you must be going through. Love you all.

Rod

DickLeonard
02-08-2005, 06:38 AM
Popcorn sometimes what someone else has said says it all. I have new respect for Peanuts.####

RUNaRAK
02-08-2005, 11:59 AM
Praying for you and your family. I do not know you personally but have know too many with similar struggles. Carpe Diem my friend. Keep strong.

All things can be done through HIM!

Peace,

Joe

Ross
02-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey Chris,

I'm thinking of you and am sorry you have to go through this. I'm pulling for you with everything I've got. Hang in there buddy.

Ross

tateuts
02-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Chris,

I just want to say that I miss your posts.

I'm thinking about you and I wish you to have the strength to read and post up for us once in a while if you do.

all the best to you,

Chris Tate

Chris Cass
02-09-2005, 03:10 AM
I somehow can't picture you singing this song. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~I have noway, just sit and see where God has intended me to go.

Chris Cass
02-09-2005, 03:25 AM
Thank You all so very much for giving me stregth through the yrs. It's tough knowing there is only live with it and inoperable but the hardest part is getting there to begin with.

I'm trying my best to hang on and see what God will do with me. Till then, I feel a great sence of being and knowing so many support me once more. I even saw it on the AZ site where I don't go to. That was really great too.

I'm still blown away by this coming back as a secondary thing. They told me it was done and I beat it. Now this. Well my friends, thanks for being there for me. I wish I could say something to help you feel better about this tyhing but there is truely no words to descibe what these terrible things that control our lives.

Some with heart, others with everything else under the sun. This time it's harder for me to beat. The first was tougher odds wise with only 5% and all though it's way less than the 19% I've been given this time knowing it's inoperable really sucks.

Many live with this and other terrible things. I guess, I'll have to live with it as I'm not ready to put my cue away.

Love,

Chris Cass Aiardo

Rich R.
02-09-2005, 03:46 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I guess, I'll have to live with it as I'm not ready to put my cue away. <hr /></blockquote>
These are the best words you could have written.
Keep fightin'!!!!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-09-2005, 04:26 AM
Chris,

Here's a wager for ya', when you beat this thing again, SPetty will solo ol' Blue Eyes' song and we'll tape it on Spiderman's dig camcorder and stream it onto an someone's available web space. "Deal SPetty?" Hell, we'll all do it, but SPetty's first! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif sid

tateuts
02-09-2005, 08:09 AM
Good to hear from you, Mr. Cassman.

I just wanted to know - if you're up to it of course - how did it come about where you are known as Chris Cass instead of Aiardo?

Chris Tate

Chris Cass
02-10-2005, 12:48 AM
I can see it now. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~glad to see people with a positive perspective on a very uncomfortable situation. tonight I played league for a team I had given my word to long ago. I went and played loaded up with chemo pump and getting so blasted by that nasty stuff on my side to play with. I felt totally uncomfortable first for being out im public like this but moreso, trying to shoot a game of pool. Embarrassing to say the least. ran a few racks but it wasn't right. it didn't feel right nor looked right. who cares about winning when it's not done with a smooth stroke or consistant pre-shot? I never felt so out of place. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif told the capt how I felt and he said, your worse day is better than most of the players best day. I fail to see the humor in that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
02-10-2005, 04:10 AM
C.C.
I have delayed posting a response for a couple of reasons. One, we have only had one opportunity to meet, and two, there isn't much to say that can help.
I lost my first wife to cancer, and right now have a brother and cousin who are fighting it, so I do have an understanding of what you are dealing with.
All I can say is that we all have a limited time on this earth, and it's more about what we do with the time than the amount of time we have. I know you know this, and are making the most of every day.
I can only say that you are in my prayers, and I hope that the good days far outnumber the bad ones.
I'm here if you need me, Bud!
Steve

randyg
02-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Hi my friend. Life is very much like pool. Every shot is new. The last and the next have no bearing on the NOW time. How we deal with that one shot is what makes us stand out among the rest. You are our leader....SET-PAUSE-FINISH.....randyg

Dagwood
02-10-2005, 01:36 PM
I just wanted to chime in that you are in my thoughts and prayers Chris. As said previously in this thread, you are one of the backbones of this board as well as an incredible inspiration. I'm sure that once again, you will be able to defeat this ugly beast which is trying to take you down. Keep doing what you are doing, which is living life as much as you can and not waiting for life to run away from you.

Get healthy soon Chris...and my best wishes to Spike and Heidi.

Dags

Karatemom
02-10-2005, 06:48 PM
Chris is asking for you to say a prayer for him each day for the next couple of days. He is very scared and doesn't like what he is feeling. I help as much as I can, but it just isn't enough right now.

Thanks,

Heide

GeraldG
02-10-2005, 07:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Karatemom:</font><hr> Chris is asking for you to say a prayer for him each day for the next couple of days. He is very scared and doesn't like what he is feeling. I help as much as I can, but it just isn't enough right now.

Thanks,

Heide <hr /></blockquote>

Heide,
I haven't stopped praying for Chris (and you and Spike) since I heard about it. I wish there was something else mere mortals could do......

We're with you...

Sid_Vicious
02-10-2005, 09:37 PM
I will certainly stay in touch with prayer, tell Chris Hi! for me Heidi. You all are in my daily thoughts. Please stay in touch.

Sid

Terry
02-10-2005, 10:03 PM
He is in my prayers, may god love. Terry

tateuts
02-10-2005, 10:55 PM
Heide,

We can tell by what Chris has said that you've been just amazing through all of this. We are truly feeling for you right now. Hang in there. God wants you to be strong.

Chris

Popcorn
02-11-2005, 12:24 AM
I am not a praying person but I have been praying for your family every day. I am going through the same thing with a friend you are going through. We talk everyday and I spend a few hours with him. It's interesting that with the situation he is in, all his thoughts and worries are for his family none for himself. It is important that in an uncertain time like this that nothing be left unsaid and Chris know no matter what happens you will be all right. I know you are surrounded by friends and family and what ever the out come you will do all you can to make him feel safe. My only post to this thread has been my peanuts cartoon and I have avoided writing something like this but I am now compelled now to do so. Please tell Chris I am thinking of him.
Your Friend

Troy
02-11-2005, 09:53 PM
Heide ... Every Day, in every way I can, I'm pulling as hard as I'm able for Chris as well as you and Spike.

Troy

Kato
02-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Chris, don't you dare quit. Don't you ever quit.

R.J.

dmgwalsh
02-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Chris:
I'm very sorry to hear that is necessary for you to fight that fight again. As you know, I went through my own little battle a few years ago, and I understand a little of how hard it is to accept and fight on. You are an inspiration to all who meet you and read your writings on this board. Your positive energy and the prayers of others have helped you before and will again. Best Wishes. Dennis

Chris Cass
02-14-2005, 05:55 AM
Thank you Dennis,

It's tough to battle. It's scary to think about it. I'm taking one day at a time. The post that Heide wrote for me is when I was really frightened. That's not acceptable for any man. It also was the chemo talking. It seemed so strong that, I was literally, frozen to the bone with fear.

I'm better now. Go for the chemo on Mon. Then, off for a week or two this time. After being 2 days so far I've seemed to be very positive about things. It's all the drugs they have you take. I told Heide that I was thinking about how hard it will be, to fight the addiction to them. Once, I do get better.

The thing to think about is that, getting better part. Who cares about the addiction? The addiction will be gone once the system gets right. It seems, I always worry about things I have no control over. I guess, the main thing is to work on getting strong. Tell me this doesn't sound like sitting in the chair while, your opponents shooting? LOL

You know, I felt so much stronger after receiving a call, long distance from none other than Barry Szamboti himself. Then, to get a another from Voodoo in Fla and an email from Fran. I was so pumped when they called that I forgot I was sick. lol See, the people that visit this board including yourself Dennis, are my insparation. You all give me strngth beyond belief and I appreciate and love each and everyone of you.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-14-2005, 08:52 AM
CC, I'm sorry to hear this. Keep battling dude, we all know you have the heart of a lion.

I'm praying for you. I never stopped actually.

SPetty
02-14-2005, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> ...how did it come about where you are known as Chris Cass instead of Aiardo?<hr /></blockquote>It's a cute story about CAJ...

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=39834&amp; page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc=1

tateuts
02-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Thanks SPetty ... good story.