PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Table question--Greg?

05-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Hello all, quick question about my diamond pro at home. I have only had it for about a month, and now that the drop pockets are getting really worn in, when a shot is slow rolled into the pocket with just enough speed to not drop straight down, but not slam the back of the pocket, it will hit the wooden apron of the table and the corresponding screws that hold the corner section of the apron.

Is this a problem that others have encountered? Currently, I stuck a small section of an old towel in the corner under the pocket, and this kills the effects of the balls hitting the screws. Is there something that can be done to tighten the pocket, or is this "normal"?

Thanks again,

Zach

heater451
05-29-2002, 04:22 PM
I figure that this post will get "buried" fairly quickly. . . .

You may have better luck contacting Diamond directly:

2043 Silver Street
New Albany, Indiana 47150
(800) 874-0557
(812) 945-6665 Fax: (812) 945-9998

http://www.diamondbilliard.com

E Mail: vp@diamondbilliard.com

Greg/Diamond
05-30-2002, 10:38 PM
Zachh...Sorry about you're problem. I'ts a new one on me. I'm curious as to what model you.ve got. Also have you called anyone at Diamond about you're problem? You can call me personall at my home 812-945-2891. I will follow up on this.. Greg/Diamond ........Note- Anyone with a problem can feel free to reach me here, but problems can be handled faster by calling the company directly 812-945-6665 as I don't have time to get online as often as I would like. The correcting of problems is the way Diamond has grown. I can testify we've had many problems and I'm sure there is room for more improvements!

05-31-2002, 07:03 PM
Wow, now that's dedication! I know of a few people from other manufacturers who occasionally keep up on the forums, but I've never seen anything like this before! Good for you Greg! I genuinely admire people like you, who obviously care about the quality of the product they're putting out there.

05-31-2002, 09:50 PM
i've also noticed that loud knock, i think maybe they have the pockect too close to the frame part of the table. i really don't believe it will have any affect on the table or balls for that matter, but the sound is very obvious.

JimS
06-01-2002, 06:21 PM
When the balls drop they make a noticeable noise, obviously hitting the apron, but on my table the screws that hold the corner section to the side and end aprons don't get hit by the balls....not even close. Are you sure they are hitting the screws?

Or is it maybe just that the noise is freaking you out? No offense...it's just that I jumped when I first heard that sound and then just realized that it's the design of the table and nothing to be concerned about.