PDA

View Full Version : Deewoman Finishes Third!!!!

Deeman2
02-05-2005, 07:25 AM
Last night Tori and I went to our local bar tournament. I can't play in it but she enters to get the experience and have fun.

There were 32 people entered. She had a tough draw but started by beating the second best guy entered (for the second week in a row) and made her way all the way to the finals of the winner's bracket where she lost a heartbreaker to a pretty good player (Tony, who came to PettyPoint with us).

I was more nervous for her than she was for herself. Tori has been playing a year and a half and has made nice progress but was frustrated at going out of tournaments in two or three rounds. Last Wednesday, she got glasses and it has really helped her game. I should have known by her driving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Tony shot very well with several break and runs and deserved to win. He will now probably be barred so the rest of 'em better watch out for Deewoman...As agreed to earlier in her development, she cashed so I had to carry her cue case for her! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif She made sure everyone in the place observed this. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif She also kept me up til 2:30 a.m. replaying the night. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I'm very proud of her and may retire from bar pool just to watch her develop. This was more fun than playing myself...

Deeman

woody_968
02-05-2005, 10:33 AM
Thats great to hear, and tell her congrats /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My wife is just now starting to play the game, and I can see that if she starts to progress I may have to set out some of tournaments just so I can watch her play. She is at that stage where she can make some shots I dont think she would get close, and miss some shots that I dont think she can miss /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

We are playing our first Jack and Jill tourney next weekend, this should be a hoot /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
02-05-2005, 10:40 AM
Dee, nice story....didn't realise that I needed glasses to shoot pool until I accidently lined up a shot with them on after reading something. I understand the old travelling hustlers, had a "shaft man" to carry the case, take care of the equipment, and be a gofer.....you might have a permanent new position.
Still not sure though, that they should be allowed to drive

LARRY_BOY
02-05-2005, 11:22 AM
Nice job Tori........you don't happen to have a sister that plays pool do you?

dg-in-centralpa
02-05-2005, 12:22 PM
Congratulations Mrs. D2! Are you bringing her to Valley Forge? Who knows what she'll do.

DG

Deeman2
02-06-2005, 09:13 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Dee, nice story....didn't realise that I needed glasses to shoot pool until I accidently lined up a shot with them on after reading something. I understand the old travelling hustlers, had a "shaft man" to carry the case, take care of the equipment, and be a gofer.....you might have a permanent new position. <font color="blue"> Yep, I've gone from "player" status to rack boy to "shaft Man" in just a few weeks. Now I know my calling... </font color>
Still not sure though, that they should be allowed to drive <hr /></blockquote> <font color="blue"> Be careful, you could be shot overthis one. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif </font color>

Tori and i won't make Valley Forge this year. It's just too far from Texas as opposed to York!

Thanks for your responses and I'll pass along your congrats. I was just so happy to see her do well. When you're laarning this game the payoffs seem few and far between and it sure made her week.

Thannks,

Deeman

Deeman2
02-06-2005, 09:16 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Nice job Tori........you don't happen to have a sister that plays pool do you? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Larry_Boy,

Luckily, I got the only copy. All her relatives, except her son are dead! I didn't do it..... </font color>

Deeman

mksmith713
02-06-2005, 09:52 AM
I love these kind of stories.
I'm experiencing the same thing with my 16 y/o son.
He's not aloowed to play in leagues and most tournaments.
We did find a place about an hour away that has a Thurs nite 8 ball tourney with a field limited to 64 players.
They also have a bi-weekly 9 ball tourney on Sunday afternoon.
We both play but spend our down time watching each other.
I just love sitting and watching him play.
Just seeing him think through a rack and making the shots.
It's so enjoyable for me.
He doesn't always take the same shots I would have taken, but he gets results.
So far, so good though.
In 6 tournament entires, he has a 2nd and a 4th place finish.
I have a 1st and a 2nd.
Hey,I don't want him talking smack..... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tell Mama to keep having fun... OK, Shaftboy?

LARRY_BOY
02-06-2005, 11:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Deeman2:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> Nice job Tori........you don't happen to have a sister that plays pool do you? <hr /></blockquote>

<font color="blue">Larry_Boy,

Luckily, I got the only copy. All her relatives, except her son are dead! I didn't do it..... </font color>
Can't blame a guy for asking. Not many single female pool players out there,
Deeman <hr /></blockquote>