PDA

View Full Version : An Open Apology To Fran Crimi

DebraLiStarr
02-05-2005, 02:18 PM
Due to other thread, and the CCB Admin's decison to remove one of my posts, I have decided to clear up this issue once and for all. I don't hate Fran Crimi. Fran has some tendencies that annoy me, but I do not hate her. Of course Fran and I have had our misunderstandings in the past, and in the future, that is where I will leave it.

Fran... I sincerely apologize if anything I have said here has offended you. That was not my intention. I the previous post I was poking fun at our past arguments, and... I even closed the statement by saying that I wished that you would return to the CCB. Some took offense to it and I became defensive and made some ugly comments that I shouldn't have. That was wrong and I will not do that again - even if I'm baited into it. I hope that you accept my apology as it is genuine.

For the record:
In September 2003, I recieved a lot of ugly e-mails obviously from members of the CCB accusing me of posting a message under the name "Mockingbird" and saying ugly things to Fran Crimi the day her mother passed away. It was the consensus of a few within this forum that I used that moniker to get in a cheap shot when Fran was obviously in a lot of emotional pain. I was not "Mockingbird" and I don't know who "Mockingbird" was. I thought what was written was ugly, foul, uncalled for, inappropriate, and mean. I was shocked when I started to recieve e-mails and PM's that chastised me for posting ugly things to Fran during that difficult time. I didn't make any comments to Fran, and I thought it inappropriate to turn her loss into a platform for sub-threads to defend my character. I know better than that. So I stopped posting to this forum for over a year. During my absence from the CCB, Fran also had her reasons for leaving this forum. She had her reasons,and if she ever chooses to share them perhaps you will get your answer.

I,like Fran, have many friends within the CCB community. Some of you I have met,some of you I haven't. Those that have spoken with me privately and those that know me know that I am not a nasty person. I have tried my best since I began contributing to this board again to be polite, and until that thread I think I was doing pretty good - but I will defend myself when I have to, especially when what is insinuated is not true and baseless. I have spoken to the CCB_Admin and I have promised to be nice. If any of the "few" people that have a problem with me (and you are a vast minority) get with me privately and get to know me personally before you make your judgments. I promise to do the same in return for you.

Debra Li

nAz
02-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Hey DStar this is a pretty stand up thing for you post, would be nice if others did the same thing./ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
Personaly i feel that you are selling out and that you should stick to your guns but then again i wouldn't give a rats ass what anyone here (are cool Admin included) thinks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif still i hope you don't run off like Highseas and stop posting /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-05-2005, 03:10 PM
I concur with Dr. Naz...sid

wolfdancer
02-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Debra, takes "balls" to make a public apology, but you
weren't the reason that Fran left here, and I don't think
she believed it was you that made the cruel posts.
You may have started a trend here though...next thing ya know
ole Wally, Sf, and eg8r, be telling Gayle how wrong they were/are, and begging forgiveness...heck, they might even want to become Democrats....course we'd have to give them an aptitude test first, like putting round things in round holes, and square things...we got some pretty high standards, can't take jes any damn fool

9 Ball Girl
02-05-2005, 11:40 PM
I don't understand why your post was removed. You merely stated what it was you felt for a person. Someone merely stated what they felt about you. Shouldn't that post be removed as well? Sh!t just don't make sense around here anymore.

And from what I heard some time ago, there were other reasons why certain people are not posting here anymore and you were not one of those. I'm not at liberty to say 'cause I gave my word.

DebraLiStarr
02-06-2005, 05:53 PM
Quote NaZ: Personaly i feel that you are selling out and that you should stick to your guns but then again i wouldn't give a rats ass what anyone here (are cool Admin included) thinks

<font color="blue">Quite honestly NaZ, I AM sticking to my guns. I didn't post that to be the "bigger" person. I said some things about Fran I shouldn't have, in retrospect it was wrong - I did it publicly - and that's also where she got her apology. I don't care what "they" think either. I have other problems in life besides staying up at night wondering what people in the pool forums think about me. </font color>

Quote Wolfdancer: Debra, takes "balls" to make a public apology, but you weren't the reason that Fran left here, and I don't think she believed it was you that made the cruel posts.

<font color="blue"> It doesn't take balls, just a sense of what is right and what is wrong. It's none of my business why Fran left here. Someone accused me of driving her away, I responded with comments that offended Fran who is obviously still lurking. My deleted post was directed at Barbara, not Fran. I also sent a private response to Barbara. In retrospect I should have just left it off the boards. My bad. Fran has never contacted me regarding the situation involving the cruel and ugly post, so I don't know what she thinks about that. She never brought it up with me privately, others did and they know who they are. I doubt if I will ever receive an apology for that, I won't hold my breath.</font color>

Quote 9 ball girl: I don't understand why your post was removed. You merely stated what it was you felt for a person. Someone merely stated what they felt about you. Shouldn't that post be removed as well? Sh!t just don't make sense around here anymore.
<font color="blue">That was my issue when I talked to the admin, Wendy. I wasn't stating an opinion, I was baited into having to defend my character. When I get bit, I bite back. If they can't understand that,tough $hit. Back off. I will say that the Admin was real cool and very responsive when we discussed this. In the future I will be more than comfortable bringing the issue to them before it gets out of hand on the board.</font color>