PDA

View Full Version : need new trick

02-20-2002, 10:40 PM
this is spooky. lookin at the main page and decide i want to post this so i spend 5 minutes searching the dadburn thing trying to figure out where the button is. blamed fool designer geeks hid the thing right in the middle of the page. nobody put's 'em in the middle.

here is the thing. how do i get the post i'm referring to included in my post, preferably below it? we used to have some discussed and preferred standards for that on the old board and it is helpful.

if it involves encripting it and sending it to some server netsite trunked thru yazoo city missippi using a simple retrieval program available on e-bay...forget it.

dan...thanks..as voodoo said on "that other board" i am no longer, here, a virgin.

ccboard_admin_back
02-20-2002, 11:57 PM
You can copy and paste it manually as i have done below,
whenever you reply the post is shown below in the text box where you type your reply.

We are working on adding a button that looks like a pair of quotes, where you click and it will automatically put the message in the text box. Should have it up and running in 2 or 3 days?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Poster: houstondan
Subject: Re: need new trick

this is spooky. lookin at the main page and decide i want to post this so i spend 5 minutes searching the dadburn thing trying to figure out where the button is. blamed fool designer geeks hid the thing right in the middle of the page. nobody put's 'em in the middle.

here is the thing. how do i get the post i'm referring to included in my post, preferably below it? we used to have some discussed and preferred standards for that on the old board and it is helpful.

if it involves encripting it and sending it to some server netsite trunked thru yazoo city missippi using a simple retrieval program available on e-bay...forget it.

dan...thanks..as voodoo said on "that other board" i am no longer, here, a virgin.

02-21-2002, 12:10 AM
looks good and the time frame is great but why not just make that the default?? we had gotten to where 99% were putting the previous on the post and most were putting it at the bottom.

dan...how long is y'alls contract to debug and sooth the savage beasts??

Ken
02-21-2002, 10:00 AM
I too had to search for the post button but after I found it (very quickly) I see that it is fine where it is. I don't see the point in including the previous message with each post. They are all there in the flat mode. The old board was slow enough and there is no need to slow this one down by repeating posts over and over. I'm not interested in paying $40 to $60 a month for high speed access.

SPetty
02-21-2002, 11:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

I don't see the point in including the previous message with each post. They are all there in the flat mode.

<hr></blockquote>

Because, in flat mode, you can't tell easily who is responding to what. I find myself having to manually cut/paste things with the quoting thingee just in order to respond.

Many people simply respond to something, and it is really not clear to what they are responding. Having the post they are responding to automatically be included is a lifesaver for those of us who like continuity.

Responding to the previous message (I think, maybe): The problem with making it automatic is that it might be difficult to include only the last post in this BBS format. That is, when a post responds to a post which responds to a post, you may end up getting ALL the postings rather than just the last one the way it was before.

heater451
02-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Dan, as the admin says, you copy and paste. SPetty, below also used the UBB Code for quoting, which is:

<font color=green>[ quote]</font color=green>Pasted message goes here.<font color=green>[ /quote]</font color=green>

Note, you will have to remove the extra space after the initiona brackets "[". The spaces are there to break the code. The actual results look like this:

Pasted message goes here.

<hr></blockquote>

ccboard_admin_back
02-21-2002, 10:53 PM
the auto quote feature has been added just click on the quote icon on the right.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-21-2002, 11:29 PM

"the auto quote feature has been added just click on the quote icon on the right."

<hr></blockquote>
Never did find that "quote icon"