PDA

View Full Version : Predator BK-which tip do you use?

Eric.
05-29-2002, 11:54 AM
I've been using the Pred. BK for a couple of months. My cue is a no wrap BK with a mh Moori that came with it. I like the cue. I think that though you still need to hit the Q ball accurately and squarely as well as hit the one good, when you do, it does seem to have less deflection. The problem is that it doesn't seem to have the power of my old break cue. My old cue is a Joss S.P. with a short ferrule and a hard water buffalo tip. The Joss seems to have more "pop" on the cueball and scatter the rack a little harder. If I break with the old cue, the Q ball will pop up about 5 inches. With the BK, most of the time it will pop the q ball up about 3 inches. I'm thinking about changing to a WB hard tip. Anyone have any ideas/thoughts?

Eric >poke and hope

05-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Eric,
I have a lousy break anyway, so the P-BK is a HUGE improvement! I was breaking with my brother's cue before. I'm using the tip Predator shipped the cue with, but if you don't like it, CHANGE IT!! It's your cue, after all, and if you question the tip, it's gotta go! God knows you paid enough for the thing, you might as well be happy with it. Remember, when it comes to your stuff, only YOUR OPINION MATTERS!

Jay M
05-29-2002, 07:02 PM
Moori MH tips aren't the best break tip. I have one on my cue (I don't use a break cue any more) and my break has about half the power of my old meucci (lepro tip) that I used to break with. The tip just seems to give a bit too much. A side note, the moori on one of my shafts separated on me and I was forced to trim it down quite a bit to reshape it. It's got about 1/16 of an inch of unshaped tip on the sides now and I break about the same with it as I do with my old meucci. This leads me to believe that the give between the different layers is the cause, although that may not be the real reason.

Jay M

TalismanTony
05-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Hi Eric,

In previous threads on cue tips for break cues, many people suggested using a very hard tip as this "gives" less and allows a better transfer of force from the cue to the cue ball.

This is now what is happening with Jay and his delaminated Moori tip, with less tip between the cue and the cue ball more force is being transfered.

Follow Lori's advice and try changing the tip.

If it doesn't feel right - its not right.

Kind regards,

Eric.
05-30-2002, 12:10 PM
Sometimes people(me) just need a little push! I'm gonna stop foolin' around and put a hard tip on. That Moori just doesn't give enough pop.

05-30-2002, 12:17 PM
Although only playing pool for a short 15 years i have found a cue with "wip" in it will break better than one such as the predator.. Predator cues are made for a firm hit and dont give you the cueball squirt needed for a great break.. I feel the tip is all preference and of course different tips for different uses, but it comes down to youre preference... Thanks for listening !! Q-ball

Cuemage
06-03-2002, 05:25 PM
I have a Talisman PRO hard on my Cuetech. It is quite successful. Now if only i could run out...

Tha Cuemage