PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl Commercials

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2005, 06:16 AM
What did you think of the commercials? I thought they were pretty lame, for the most part. I liked the one where the guy gets beat up in the store, and the one where the guy looks like he just killed the cat. Other than that they were pretty bad. Burt Reynolds, Muppets, and allthe old tv ads:Charlie Tuna,Green Giant,etc.? Please

DG - lost money on the game, I took Pats giving 7 1/2 to Eagles

Fred Agnir
02-07-2005, 06:57 AM
The Cat was the one that I laughed at the most.

I guess the best was the soldiers coming home. Lots of applause at the bar.

The rest, IMO, weren't up to previous years'.

The half-time show... zzzzzzz.

Fred <~~~ owes Barbara something

Stretch
02-07-2005, 07:37 AM
I managed to catch some of the football during the commercial breaks. But then i missed most of the ball game channel surfing to avoid the commercials. Oh well, that's TV. St.~~a commercial free response~~

DavidMorris
02-07-2005, 07:43 AM
Definitely a lame year for SB commercials. The robbery and cat commercials from the mortgage company were funny, and the Thank You to the troops was nice, but beyond that they were quite lame. My wife liked the chimp commercials though.

PQQLK9
02-07-2005, 07:52 AM
my sentiments exactly ... I also thought the "turf" cam was about as corny as the "pocket" cam used by ESPN .

oh by the way ... congrats to your "Super Pats". /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

pooltchr
02-07-2005, 11:28 AM
I got a chuckle from the Bud Lite commercial where the 2 guys at the game sent pictures of themselves to their friend who got them the tickets...while the friend was at home with one of the guy's girlfriend.

I thought the half time show was fine. But then, I grew up in the age of the Beatles.

dg-in-centralpa
02-07-2005, 02:45 PM
I agree about Sir Paul. I also grew up at that time. I was at a party with mainly mid to upper 40ish people. The hosts daughter, early 20's, asked me, as we were all singing to "Hey Jude", "Does this song have some sort of meaning that everyone is singing to it?" There were 25-30 singing along. I looked at her and said,"Honey you're too young." At which I got a blank stare. My daughter is growing up with The Beatles, but there's no hope for the rest of her generation.

DG

Barbara
02-07-2005, 06:55 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Fred Agnir:</font><hr>
Fred &lt;~~~ owes Barbara something <hr /></blockquote>

Okay Sweetie! Here ya go and I'll Super-Size you with pecans at the Expo!

I need for some super-smart Mech-E to come up with a design for a food bowl that opens up (or closes) depending on an animal's weight. It would be too easy to scan the pet's paw or iris - I need something more humble and home-buildable.

Here's the problem. We now have three cats. The two older cats are over 14 pounds while our newest member (Allie Kat) is under 10 pounds (she's just a kitty, actually). They love to get into her food and she likes to eat theirs. Not good. Pete was going to invent something that consisted of a "pad area" to step up onto that would be sensitive to a weight value and then a cover would come down on top of the bowl to repel the older and heavier cats from eating our new kitty's food. Problem is, he couldn't work out a pulley and weight system for this so now he made a plexiglas "house" that only she can enter because she's so small.

But now we have another problem - out new little kitty likes to eat their food, too, and that can't happen! She was underweight when we rescued her in the first place, and we don't need her to be eating the reduced calorie food the older boys eat.

Can you work out a pulley system (with weights) based on weight and a diagram to solve this problem? If it could be made adjustable for the cat''s growth, I can guarantee that if this could be made in an affordable fashion, the pet industry would eat this up!!

I know you like to play with robots, but this could really make you some commercial money!

Barbara~~~okay, so we burgaled a kitty, but it's only fair, she stole our hearts first...

landshark77
02-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Be alot easier if you just got rid of the cats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

(Yep...I'm a cat hater and proud of it....you just can't trust 'em...they are evil I tell you...just evil!)

eg8r
02-08-2005, 05:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Be alot easier if you just got rid of the cats. <hr /></blockquote> Now that is a straight-to-the-point-no-fluff-works-everytime kind of answer. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I prefer that answer also.

Kick out the cats. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r &lt;~~Not a big fan of house pets, but don't mind others having them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
02-08-2005, 09:00 AM
Shark, I like you better and better everyday.

Wendy&lt;---looking forward to meeting at VF...