PDA

View Full Version : Meucci question:

05-29-2002, 12:35 PM
this is actually a Meucci butt question but i have a hard time using that as a post title. a week ago, i was inquiring about getting a predator shaft to fit my hof-6 from a seemingly reputable online dealer. my Meucci has about a .825 collar size on the shafts. i was told that predator does not make shafts this small..or less than .830. i was also told that Meucci butts are larger now than in the past. after checking around my pool hall the shaft diameter for every Meucci i've seen, new or older is approximatly .825. also i've seen a few predator shafts that fit Meucci cues just fine. is there something i'm missing? are the diameters of meucci cues larger now? what gives? any info appreciated.
best regards,
^v^

05-29-2002, 12:53 PM
You can get a Predator partian shaft. It will come unthreaded. Let your cuemaker resize the joint collar and install a brass insert.

05-29-2002, 01:06 PM
unfortunatly i don't know of any immediatly local cue makers and i really don't want to wait up to 3 months to send it to meucci. i do know of a good local cue repairman though. i live in the New Orleans area..any suggestions?

Cueless Joey
05-29-2002, 01:31 PM
http://www.arnotq.net/html/Web_Pages/cumakrs_list.htm
This might be of help.

05-29-2002, 03:31 PM
I have used Meucci 97-11 with predator shaft.
I think it fits not perfectly, but looks almost perfect.
Of corce,no problem to use.
I think .830 & .825 is a very small defference.

Doctor_D
05-29-2002, 03:41 PM
Good afternoon:

Last year I purchased Two (2) Predator shafts for my Meucci SE12 and like your situattion, the diameter of the shaft at the joint was larger then the diameter of the butt section at the joint. I called Predator and was informed that the shaft could be turned down, with-out adversely affecting the shaft's performance, to match the diameter of the butt section. With that, at a cost of about $40.00, I had a cue maker / cue repair person turn the shaft down to match the diameter of the butt section. End result, perfect!

Dr. D.

05-29-2002, 05:03 PM
i was hoping to get a Meucci pinned sneaky pete also in hopes that i could interchange shafts between this and my main cue. i already have four good shafts for my hof-6 all differant, including one great 14mm made by a local guy(that has since sold his lathe) that is great for terrible tables. sometimes i would prefer to play with a more understated cue. i would like to be able to interchange at will and have everything fit together well. the understated look of a predator seems like at least as far as the collar goes could match with just about any cue. short of chasing any people around with a micrometer, i don't see how i can ensure such a fit unless it's done in person, or i have a cue guy work everything out. does anyone know of a talented cue maker that has a short turnaround time? even a week cueless would be depressing. are current Meucci cues of larger diameter than ones from 5-10 years ago? i haven't witnessed this personally but someone else e-mailed me that this is the case.
best regards,
^v^

=k=
05-30-2002, 06:10 AM
same problem here, my cue is a old orignal, bryan mort of azbilliards took pred shaft down to match butt and nice fit now. really reasonable around 15.00 i think.