PDA

View Full Version : In case anyone is interested

c.holtz009
02-07-2005, 07:59 AM
There is a copy of Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets for sale on E-bay. Here's the link:

E-bay - Joe tucker's racking secrets book (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=75195&item=7132681 740&rd=1)

thepoolnerd
02-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow. Cool.

Chris Cass
02-14-2005, 06:29 PM
WOW,

Talk about a stickup. Well, the book is very good but I'd rather have a friend give me a copy of theirs. Not like it's 100 pages or anything. I do recommend it though. It really is a good thing to know if you play competitive pool.

IMHO,

C.C.

Barbara
02-14-2005, 06:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> There is a copy of Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets for sale on E-bay. Here's the link:

E-bay - Joe tucker's racking secrets book (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=75195&amp;item=7132681 740&amp;rd=1) <hr /></blockquote>

Fifty Bucks??? That's ALL??!

What a friggin' BARGAIN!!!

Barbara~~~has BOTH editions... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
02-14-2005, 06:34 PM
Sorry CC,

But when you have a friend that will lend you a copy, okay.

Personally, I wouldn't part with my copies for all the tea in China. But you're welcome to come over to my house to read them.

Barbara~~~what you read in my house, stays here... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EDIT: Joe worked long and hard on this book and spent countless hours in the pool room to research this subject. He is considered an expert in this area and sold this book for a mere $10 when it was in print and made practically no money on the deal with the publisher. I personally know Joe Tucker and he posts here from time to time, and I highly recommend all of his books for everyone. Ceebee will be coming out with a book along with his break rack that will include the whole of Joe Tucker's "Racking Secrets" book.

Barbara~~~Happy V-Day to Joe and Becks and the two boys... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Troy
02-14-2005, 08:06 PM
I bid $20 for your copy but was outbid... /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Troy
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote thepoolnerd:</font><hr> Wow. Cool. <hr /></blockquote>

Rod
02-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Way too much money. Just like both Eddie Robbins books I have, way over priced.

Rod

SecaucusFats
02-14-2005, 10:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote c.holtz009:</font><hr> There is a copy of Joe Tucker's Racking Secrets for sale on E-bay. Here's the link:

E-bay - Joe tucker's racking secrets book (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;category=75195&amp;item=7132681 740&amp;rd=1) <hr /></blockquote>

"Racking Secrets" was updated by Joe Tucker and has been reissued in its entirety as part of a new book called "The Great Break Shot" by Charlie Bond. The book is available for $24.95 at:
http://www.breakrak.com/Accessories.html

Chris Cass
02-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Hi Barbara,

My friend Nick let me read his copy and I sent it back after I was done reading it. I'm not just talking reading it either. I worked with it for 2 weeks and he was very kind to send it to me as a loaner. I wouldn't keep it.

Regards,

C.C.~~thanks again dawg.

DickLeonard
02-15-2005, 07:17 AM
Rod, Eddie gave me his two books and his tape of Willie Hoppe and Ralph Greenleaf for giving him valuable info on my mentor Joe Canton. Joe had two large scrapbooks that ended up in his family's posession. In his day pool was going strong and writeups and pictures were numerious.####

ceebee
02-15-2005, 03:11 PM
Joe Tuckers NEW &amp; IMPROVED "Secrets of the Rack" chapters in my new book titled, "The GREAT Break Shot" will obsolete that book on ebay.

The new book is 8.5 x 11 format &amp; is 208 pages in length.

Joe Tucker has put a great deal of time in detailing these 2 chapters (more pages than the original book) so that you the player can learn a great deal, right from the start.

The book will be well worth you time and money $25. The book will be released in about 15 days.... cb

Chris Cass
02-15-2005, 03:36 PM
WTG ceebee,

That sounds great.

Regards,

C.C.~~wishes good luck to my friend Charlie.

c.holtz009
02-15-2005, 04:02 PM
Thanks for all the info. I know the book on E-Bay is quite a bit of money. I plan to get a copy of The Great Break Shot for myself!!