PDA

View Full Version : Got my cue case back tonight...

nAz
02-07-2005, 11:50 PM
And i am very happy with it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
I gave my old giuseppe 2x2 to a leather smith I play pool with @ Corner Billiards NYC i asked him if he could make a new leather skin for it with a few special things i wanted, mostly bigger pockets a place for a cue extender and what i really wanted a back pack style strap. well the man came through for me, it is what i wanted and more /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif anyway here is the link to my case on his website let me know what you think. Case (http://fist-inc.com/general%20leather/gl1601.htm) BTW i can not mention what i paid for it but trust me it was incredibly dirt cheap!

PQQLK9
02-08-2005, 03:52 AM
I like it nAz,and if you want I can send you a jar of North Carolina cigarette smoke to give it that seasoned smell. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r
02-08-2005, 06:03 AM
That is a great looking case. I really like the shoulder strap.

eg8r

9 Ball Girl
02-08-2005, 08:55 AM
nAzee, it's everything you said it was! We should've picked it up on Saturday after the movie so that I can see it! I'm definitely digging the straps--haven't seen that style around. You need to parade that puppy in VF next month.

So tell me, how much are you going to pay me to not say what you paid for this case, huh? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LARRY_BOY
02-08-2005, 09:47 AM
That is one fantastic looking case.......just what kind of cue gets the pleasure of riding in it?

Eric.
02-08-2005, 09:58 AM
Nice looking case, Naz. I like the strap setup.

BTW, you call $900 beans dirt cheap?

Eric

LARRY_BOY
02-08-2005, 12:32 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Nice looking case, Naz. I like the strap setup.

Every thing in life is relative. $900 for a case is "cheap" if you are hauling around a $3k cue.....

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

Eric.
02-08-2005, 02:19 PM
I hear what you're saying about everything being relative. Just to give you a reference, I have a Jack Justis 3x6 leather case, which is considered a high end case. You can buy them for approx. $500.00, so relative to the price of the Justis, $900.00 is a bit pricey.

Eric

Rackin_Zack
02-08-2005, 04:42 PM
I agree. Nine hundred dollars is a lot to pay for a giuseppe 2x2 unless it's wrapped in maybe real alligator or some other exotic skin! Even then I would probably have someone like Jack Justis or Dan Whitten make it.

Popcorn
02-08-2005, 04:49 PM
The link is to the case makers web site. I would say he is using the case as an example of a case he will be selling like it. I don't think the poster paid that but it's what the case maker thinks the case is worth if someone else wants one.

Rackin_Zack
02-08-2005, 05:02 PM
That's what I assumed as well. I also assumed that he would be using the giuseppe case as a base for all of them and not designing his own internals. I think it'd be a bit hard to break into the high end case market selling re-wrapped giuseppe's for that much, but that's just me.

Popcorn
02-08-2005, 05:08 PM
It's not the worst idea. I saw a case designed for arrows that with just a little changing would make a nice cue case and it sells for like $29.00. Cover it with leather and jazz up the insides and it would be a $200.00 case.

nAz
02-08-2005, 08:20 PM
thanks PQQLK9, wendy, eg8r. the case feels great. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
02-08-2005, 08:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Eric.:</font><hr> Nice looking case, Naz. I like the strap setup.

Eric <hr /></blockquote>

lol what do you think i am a crack head??? $900 beans no way jose! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
02-08-2005, 08:23 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote LARRY_BOY:</font><hr> That is one fantastic looking case.......just what kind of cue gets the pleasure of riding in it? <hr /></blockquote>

That is for another thread...which i will post later on tonight. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
02-08-2005, 08:43 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rackin_Zack:</font><hr> I agree. Nine hundred dollars is a lot to pay for a giuseppe 2x2 unless it's wrapped in maybe real alligator or some other exotic skin! Even then I would probably have someone like Jack Justis or Dan Whitten make it. <hr /></blockquote>

Rackin_Zack nice to have you aboard.

That $900 price is not for my case it is for something similar to it made from scratch. i can not say what i paid for mine but it was about 9X cheaper /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif. Jim Murnack makes some quality items from his gun holsters, womens purses, Quivers to his cue case. one thing i really do love about my case is that it does not have any of that sh!tty looking ribbits that a lot of "high end" case makers use,( no offence to anyone that has one) it is all stichting, which to me looks a whole lot better and maybe stronger.
BTW i do not think i would go a for a snake skin or some other exotic leather those things look kinda ugly. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rackin_Zack
02-08-2005, 09:49 PM
I'm with you there. That's what I love about my Whitten. Of course I sold it but I'm going to be getting a new, longer one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

nAz
02-08-2005, 09:53 PM
nice cue dude, you should post it in my other thread.

Vagabond
02-09-2005, 04:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> nAzee,We should've picked it up on Saturday after the movie so that I can see it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Hey nAz,
What is going on here!!!!!????
vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vagabond
02-09-2005, 04:40 AM
Hey nAz,
The leather Smith did a good job.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

DickLeonard
02-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Larry I have had Rambows,Paradises,Palmers, converted Willie Hoppe one-piece cues and the best cue I ever played with cost $12. A simple two- piece cue with a black diamond tip. Draw the ball from one end of the table to the other with a simple snap of the wrrist. It wasn't mine or I would still have it.

45 years later its memory is still haunting my stroking arm.####