PDA

View Full Version : Valley Forge Superbilliards Expo ... question

Snyder1
02-08-2005, 06:32 AM
I've seen a fair amount of posts here referencing this upcoming tournament, so bear with me - I've never been to a big tournament & I'd like to take my dad along - I know he'd enjoy it (he's much more of a player than I am at this point). I've been on the web site - it doesn't provide much detail as to the format of the pro tournament. A few general questions that come to mind are: How many tables are typically set up ? How crowded is the event on saturday - my dad isn't big on huge crowds; Is it assigned seating ? Can advance tickets be bought & how (again, the web site doesn't give any detail other than VIP seats ?); How's the visibility from the seating area & is it really worth going if your seats are far from the tables (I have a feeling I may have waited too long to get tickets) ? Thats about all I can think of for now & I appreciate your help.

John

Rich R.
02-08-2005, 08:00 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Snyder1:</font><hr> I've seen a fair amount of posts here referencing this upcoming tournament, so bear with me - I've never been to a big tournament &amp; I'd like to take my dad along - I know he'd enjoy it (he's much more of a player than I am at this point). I've been on the web site - it doesn't provide much detail as to the format of the pro tournament. A few general questions that come to mind are: How many tables are typically set up ? How crowded is the event on saturday - my dad isn't big on huge crowds; Is it assigned seating ? Can advance tickets be bought &amp; how (again, the web site doesn't give any detail other than VIP seats ?); How's the visibility from the seating area &amp; is it really worth going if your seats are far from the tables (I have a feeling I may have waited too long to get tickets) ? Thats about all I can think of for now &amp; I appreciate your help.

John <hr /></blockquote>
John, I will try to answer your questions.
In the pro arena, they have 9 or 10 tables, I think, and they are, of course, all 9 foot tables. Don't confuse the pro arena with one of the amatuer areas, where there are hundreds of bar boxes.

The Expo itself is extremely crowded on Saturday, but the crowd in the pro arena will varry thoughout the course of the day.

There are no assigned seats in either the VIP or the regular seating areas. In the VIP area, you will get to sit in real chairs, with a table in front of you. In the regular seating area, it is bleachers only.

They only sell VIP seats in advance and it may be too late to order them, via mail. I'm not sure about that. There should be some available at the Expo office, where you will have to buy your entry ticket for the Expo.

Visibility is pretty good from all seats. Since there is no assigned seating, you can move around to get the best available seat, nearest the match you are most interested in, at the time.

I hope this helps. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Snyder1
02-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Rich - thanks very much for your help. I only live a couple hours away, so I'll definitely check it out now that I know whats its all about...

John