PDA

View Full Version : No limit 9ball. Anyone here went to the auditions?

dooziexx
02-08-2005, 08:14 AM
I believe the auditions in New York and Chicago are over. Anyone on this board went? Just looking for some feedback..

I went with a bunch of guys from my team. We shot around til our numbers were called. While we were shooting, some of the casting people were walking around the pool hall, probably taking mental notes...

Anyways, when our numbers were called, we went to the back part of the room and details of the show was explained to us. Then we went on to shoot around alittle before we get to go in for an interview. They have me making some ridiculous but make-able shots. But anyways, went into the interview and they asked the basic where you from, age, how often do you play etc.. I did ok but I think they were looking for 'colorful' people. Was told that they were looking for 44 people for the first season and if the show did well, they will bring another 240 people for the next. And they asked for my availability between Mar. 16th - Mar. 20th (Sucks coz Im planning to make my 1st trip to VF this year). If Im selected, they will call on Mar.1st.

The one part that was strange was when some players were asked to shoot shots during the interview while some didnt. With me, I just went in for the interview. One of my buddies (a girl) had to show them how she played... Wonder whats the deal with that...

Just wanted to know from those that did go to the auditions what you thought and share your experience.....I doubt they'd pick me so see you all in VF!!

cycopath
02-08-2005, 12:41 PM
Keep your fingers crossed, doozie...

That Mars Callahan guy, I gotta give to him. It sounds like he could sell sh!t to a hog farmer. After the bomb that Poolhall Junkies was I'm surprised anyone that has anything to do with tv/film production would give him the time of day. Must be one slick talking dude. He'll probably wind up in a political office.

Hope to see doozie starring in Poolhall Junkies 2 (The Cheese Strikes Back).

02-09-2005, 09:42 AM
I was there. Because I had filled out the online application, I got into the first group and had a reasonably low number (32). The playing audition consisted of a few intermediate-level shots (for example, make a fairly long straight-in and draw the cue ball back as far as you can) and an uncommonly brief interview. But I had a good time and saw a lot of players I knew. The fact that I won my Super Bowl bet no doubt helped sustain my enthusiasm. GF