PDA

View Full Version : Theft at the DCC????

alittlecurious
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Does anyone know if anyone was robbed this year at the Derby? I have heard so many rumors, just thought I would check to see if anyone knew on this board.

hondo
02-09-2005, 05:58 AM
I was almost robbed of my virtue but I managed to
fight her off.

GeraldG
02-09-2005, 06:17 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote alittlecurious:</font><hr> Does anyone know if anyone was robbed this year at the Derby? I have heard so many rumors, just thought I would check to see if anyone knew on this board. <hr /></blockquote>

What an odd question for a first post from someone who put absolutely no information about themselves in their profile..

Robbed? Robbed how? Do you mean like someone walking out with someone else's cue or do you mean having a gun stuck in your face and actually being robbed?

I haven't heard any rumors relating to this at all.

PQQLK9
02-09-2005, 07:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote alittlecurious:</font><hr> Does anyone know if anyone was robbed this year at the Derby? I have heard so many rumors, just thought I would check to see if anyone knew on this board. <hr /></blockquote>

What did you hear ??? /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

alittlecurious
02-09-2005, 11:01 AM
Sorry about putting no information about myself in my profile I will. It wasn't such an odd question was it? I guess maybe since it was my first post it could be interpreted that way, not my intentions, just trying to find out some info about a missing cue. <font color="red"> </font color>

wolfdancer
02-09-2005, 11:15 AM
Several players were robbed...on the tables,
by assailants armed with pool cues

Jimmy B
02-09-2005, 03:48 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote GeraldG:</font><hr>

What an odd question for a first post from someone who put absolutely no information about themselves in their profile..

<hr /></blockquote>

I'm not sure it was an odd question, in years past there has always been stories about people's cues being stolen and people dumping backers and worst of all stories of armed robbery in the parking lot and at the waffle house. There is a whole lot of cash there mixed with a ton of drugs and unsavory people, some being down on their luck. As far as the guy not putting info about himself in the profile I'm not certain what that has to do with anything.

JB

GeraldG
02-09-2005, 04:41 PM
Your opinion, Jimmy. I just found it sort of odd. I'm well aware of the element that is peripherally associated with the big events. I know that cues are stolen, people are robbed (both on the table and off)...all sorts of unsavory things go on. That stuff goes on all the time peripheral to pool in general and not just the big events...cues are stolen from pool halls every day, people are hustled every day, you name it.

I think that the thing I found odd was the complete lack of detail in any way in the question or the asker. It wasn't "I heard that so-and-so was robbed" or "I heard that a cue was stolen form so-and-so". There were probably several cues stolen during the event, but unfortunately it happens so much that most of the time it isn't even big news....nobody really talks much about it....there's really nothing to talk about. Another cue stolen. It seemed like almost fishing for information. If anybody reading this were the type to steal a cue, you can bet they aren't going to jump on here and say "Oh, yeah...I stole a Purple Heart and Ivory so-and-so there...you wanna buy it?" or if the poster of the question had stolen a cue and wanted fish and see if anyone was talking about it? I certainly don't suspect that's the case, but it's one more possibility. Or...maybe the poster was just curious and had heard some rumors (which he didn't relate) and wanted to see if there was anything to them (there probably is)....it's hard to know because there was just no specifics to the question at all. No big deal.

Chris Cass
02-09-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey JimmyB.,

How'd you do brother? Been wondering what happened and whaty events you played in. Hope you did well but even if you didn't think so I'd still like to know my good luck to you brought a good time regardless. lol

Did Fred go too? Hey man, I'm starting up again and it's not good but that's life and I'm not just an everyday joe out there. lol I have to be on some edge in everything it seems. Bummer.

Talk to me big guy,

C.C.~~what about the action?

alittlecurious
02-09-2005, 06:45 PM
OK Gerald-Simmer Down- I will tell you what I know(no names yet,we just met!:)) First of all I really don't think the person that stole this cue is going to be on here trying to find out if anyone is talking about it, and that person is definitely not me, however I do see your point. I didn't want to come out and say who got robbed and what got stolen because... I am fishing for information about it, so I guess you were right in a way! I was asking in a conspicuous way because I don't believe the guys story and I was wondering if anyone had heard of this very expensive cue getting gone or maybe this guy just sold his cue for drugs.So I thought I would start my quest for the truth(HAHA!)by asking if anyone had heard of anyone getting robbed THIS year at the DCC. Does that make things a little more clear?

GeraldG
02-09-2005, 07:59 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote alittlecurious:</font><hr> OK Gerald-Simmer Down- I will tell you what I know(no names yet,we just met!:)) First of all I really don't think the person that stole this cue is going to be on here trying to find out if anyone is talking about it, and that person is definitely not me, however I do see your point. I didn't want to come out and say who got robbed and what got stolen because... I am fishing for information about it, so I guess you were right in a way! I was asking in a conspicuous way because I don't believe the guys story and I was wondering if anyone had heard of this very expensive cue getting gone or maybe this guy just sold his cue for drugs.So I thought I would start my quest for the truth(HAHA!)by asking if anyone had heard of anyone getting robbed THIS year at the DCC. Does that make things a little more clear? <hr /></blockquote>

Yep! I sort of figured it was something along those lines. Doesn't it seem that if the cue was stolen, it would be more help to post pictures of it on here or some other forum so people can be looking out for it? You may not get it back, but you have a chance of making it so that whoever stole it is stuck with it.

Gerald&lt;------hates thieves.

Jimmy B
02-10-2005, 01:33 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey JimmyB.,

How'd you do brother? Been wondering what happened and whaty events you played in. Hope you did well but even if you didn't think so I'd still like to know my good luck to you brought a good time regardless. lol

Did Fred go too? Hey man, I'm starting up again and it's not good but that's life and I'm not just an everyday joe out there. lol I have to be on some edge in everything it seems. Bummer.

Talk to me big guy,

C.C.~~what about the action? <hr /></blockquote>

Well, I shot like crap, no excuses. But if you push the issue I might tell you how I wanted to practice for a few weeks going in but work and family issues prevented me from playing more then 3 times in the 7 weeks prior to the event. I didn't go in with any big hopes, the only thing I wanted was to play well (up to my speed) and I failed at that. The guy I played (forgot his name) told me ie came in the top 40 in the banks (not a bad finish out of 400+)but I wasn't super impressed with his one pocket. I played only in the 1 hole and due to my poor showing and desire to watch Action matches all night and sleep all day I didn't buy back. Fred and I roomed and Fred posted some good reports so I didn't feel a need to add to them other then to edit him over his shoulder as he posted. I watched and bet on a ton of action, most of it has been addressed, the part that wasn't was how I couldn't pick my nose, I lost every side bet I made and some were quite large sad to say. In any event I had a blast and loved the DCC and the $100 it cost was a small price to pay to support pro pool and this great event.

JB