PDA

View Full Version : Rove? this can't be a good choice...

nAz
02-08-2005, 10:06 PM
can it? I was surprise to read this, I wonder if chenny is gonna put up with Carl Rove getting in his way of running the country. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rove's new position will involve policy

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Deb Riechmann

Feb. 8, 2005 | Washington -- Karl Rove, the senior political strategist who orchestrated President Bush's re-election campaign, has been promoted to deputy chief of staff, a job that will involve him in most White House policy and not just politics.

Rove will now coordinate White House policy developed within the Domestic Policy Council, the National Economic Council, the National Security Council and the Homeland Security Council, although intelligence and other national security issues from those councils will be handled by deputy chief of staff Joe Hagin.

Rove will retain his title as senior adviser and continue to oversee strategy to advance the president's agenda. In addition, Rove will continue to oversee the offices of intergovernmental affairs, political affairs and strategic initiatives. The new responsibilities do not come with a pay raise.

"Karl Rove is a longtime adviser and trusted member of my team," Bush said in a statement. "His hard work and dedication have been invaluable. I appreciate Karl's willingness to continue to serve my administration in this new position."

Rove's promotion has rankled a few Democrats.

"Empowering Rove in this way shows that Bush cares more about political positioning than honest policy discussions," said Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic National Committee. "Bush knows that Rove is neither an economic nor a national security expert. He is simply an ideological strategist. ... Clearly, Bush thinks political manipulation matters more than keeping the president honestly informed about the state of the country."

The White House also announced that deputy chief of staff Hagin, the other right hand man of White House chief of staff Andy Card, is taking on more responsibilities.

In addition to his duties overseeing administrative and logistical matters, McClellan said Hagin would represent Card at meetings on intelligence, counterterrorism, proliferation, counter-proliferation, the Defense Department and Homeland Security Council.

Other staff changes:

--Sara Taylor, deputy strategist on Bush's re-election campaign, will oversee political affairs at the White House.

--Michael Gerson, Bush's top speechwriter, has been given a new title as assistant to the president for policy and strategic planning. He will oversee most major addresses, but will focus on the president's compassionate agenda, human rights and advancing freedom and democracy.

--Kristen Silverberg, as deputy assistant to the president for policy, will also help coordinate policy development among the four councils.

--Dana Perino, former communications director for the Council on Environmental Quality, is replacing deputy press secretary Claire Buchan, who is the new chief of staff for Commerce Secretary Carlos Gutierrez.

Gayle in MD
02-09-2005, 12:33 PM
Our dictator seeks only submissive "Yes Mr. President" input, not experience, not knowledge, not reality, and most of all, not a desire to avoid war at all cost.

Rove, of all in his inner circle, has the greatest capacity for deceit and dirty tricks, hence, Bush wants him as close to himself as he can keep him.

Gayle in Md

nAz
02-09-2005, 05:37 PM
well gayle maybe he will tell the prez that they won because of the "religious right" and that as god fearing people they should follow Jesus teachings and help the poor of this country like not cutting social programs that help the needy. and maybe row back that bogus tax break. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Sid_Vicious
02-09-2005, 08:58 PM
It's hard to really believe that half of this country doesn't see the insanity being created. AS-IF this country wasn't guided poorly before, THIS should be of concern for every American. The future looks dangerous to me, both in security and welfare. I heard today on NPR that Bush was using the SS surplus to pay down the debt over the next decade. IMPHO, you boomers, should see what this group is doing to your "tommorrows" and later(IMPHO)...sid

DickLeonard
02-13-2005, 10:32 AM
Gayle, I heard Gerson is going back to 4th grade, so his speech writing will be undertood by the President and his followers.####

SecaucusFats
02-13-2005, 04:26 PM
I have to agree with this:

"Empowering Rove in this way shows that Bush cares more about political positioning than honest policy discussions," said Terry McAuliffe, chairman of the Democratic National Committee. "Bush knows that Rove is neither an economic nor a national security expert. He is simply an ideological strategist. ... Clearly, Bush thinks political manipulation matters more than keeping the president honestly informed about the state of the country."

This is a troublesome development, could be Rove's real task is to serve as an ideological hit man.

On a different note, I was speaking to a friend, an older guy who is a Captain in the County Corrections Dept, has been a lifetime Democrat, and comes from a family of lifetime Democrats. He was telling me that he was "disgusted" with the current Democratic leadership, and the party's departure from common sense strategy.

The next presidential election is crucial. I am a strong believer in balance as the best regulator of government. In order to curb power eight years is, IMO, just about the longest run any one party should be granted.

But yet the democrats apparently have not gotten the message from the people they most need to appeal to. And so they do not change.

Dean as head of the DNC, (what were they thinking?), means continued abeyance to a Hungarian billionaire (Soros- MoveOn.org), more mutual asskissing with Michael Moore, in short much of the same old tired [censored] that got in you into hot water to begin with. And now to top it all off you offer up one of the least admired women in politics. A woman steeped in Marxist ideology, Hillary Clinton, for President.

Gee, that's really going to go over well with the ordinary working stiff!

Jeeeeeesssuuuusss H. Freaaking Christ! Wake up and take your party and your country back!

Tell Soros to shove it, put a muzzle on Moore, get back to centrist policies, shut up about religion (Don't say Jack, just be quiet!). Put up a ticket that reflects a newly reinvigorated centrist pragmatism, and you will watch yourselves get the White House handed to you on a silver platter. If you don't, you will squander the opportunity. I am absolutely sure of it.