PDA

View Full Version : Need Ideas for Door Prizes for Pool Banquet

Perk
02-09-2005, 08:47 AM
I am in a league that has a year end banquet. All our money gets put back into our league in food/drinks/prizes. This year I am kinda in charge of it. It has not been very good the past couple years, so they want me to turn it around. I dont know the exact amount that I have to spend just yet, but it should be fairly large, since there was money from last year left.

I am looking for ideas, places to purchase, and input to help me pull this off. Here are some of the things I want to happen:

1) All regular players get a door prize ticket. There are 40 players. Each player must leave the night with something (pool related) when their ticket is called.

2) I want a top door prize to be a cue. With other nice prizes.

3) After the top prizes, I was thinking of misc pool items such as scuffers, tip tools, gloves, etc etc. Maybe already packaged together a few items? Are there any companies that will put together stuff in large amounts at discounts? Are there items that I could put together as a package that might cost 15.00 on average together? If there were 30 of these, that would be like 450.00.

4) I also want to run a raffle for another cue. The money taken at the year end banquet would go into the overal fund to start the next year off. Anyone at the banquet can buy raffles for this cue.

Anyone got some other ideas? Or a way to make everyone enjoy the door prizes, even if they dont get 1 of the big ones? This banquet is all you can eat, and all you can drink, so most are happy anyways, but I want this year to take the cake. I have asked each location to try to hit up there vendors for sponsorship type stuff (mirrors/hats/shirts) etc. Thanks for any help.

Tom_In_Cincy
02-09-2005, 09:20 AM
All you can eat, all you can drink and a pool prize!!!!!
Who wouldn't have a good time at that party?

Sounds like you have it covered for prizes. Thanks for sharing.

poolturtle
02-09-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3) After the top prizes, I was thinking of misc pool items such as scuffers, tip tools, gloves, etc etc. Maybe already packaged together a few items? Are there any companies that will put together stuff in large amounts at discounts? Are there items that I could put together as a package that might cost 15.00 on average together? If there were 30 of these, that would be like 450.00.
<hr /></blockquote>

I'm sure you already know about them, but you didn't specifically mention it. So I will. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif I don't know about pre-made packages offhand, but Mueller offers discounts for multiple purchases of the same item. I think I remember a shipping discount for bulk purchases, but I'm not sure. It's been a while since I bought from them and I just bought some tips. Anyway, you could always email them and ask about it. Just in case you don't know. The website is www.poolndarts.com (http://www.poolndarts.com)
And I agree, it sounds like you've got everything else handled. Good luck, and if you have any extra food or drinks, send 'em my way. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif