PDA

View Full Version : Happy Chinese New Year

9 Ball Girl
02-09-2005, 09:26 AM
It's the Year of the Rooster (or Year of the [censored] as I like to call it). Anyway, I'm going to Chinatown at lunchtime. They're going to finally have fireworks! After all these years!

I was born in the Year of the Ox. How about you? (http://www.new-year.co.uk/chinese/calendar/ox.htm)

http://www.new-year.co.uk/chinese/images/symbol_rooster.gif

SnakebyteXX
02-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Year of the Rat

Rats are said to be imaginative, charming and very generous to those they love - although they do have a tendency to be quick-tempered and over-critical. They are supposed to make good writers, critics and publicists.

DebraLiStarr
02-09-2005, 09:55 AM
I was born in the year of the bunny (1975). My grandfather is from Taiwan, but everyone else in my family is from Japan. That's why people look at me funny when they see my last name is Li and I tell them I am Japanese. Li is a Chinese name. Sometimes I'm embarrassed at how little I know about my own culture. I'm so typically American in my attitudes because we were brought up this culture. In Orlando we have many celebrations going on within the Asian community, and they are always a lot of fun, especially seeing all of the Dragons, acrobats, and the clothes.

wolfdancer
02-09-2005, 11:09 AM
"KONG HEE FATT CHOY" !!!!!!

http://www.usj.com.my/bulletin/upload/showthread.php?threadid=6627

Voodoo Daddy
02-09-2005, 12:19 PM
This is me...

The Dragon Personality

People born in the year of the dragon are full of vitality and strength. To them, life is a colorful leaping flame. Though assuming airs of self-importance, being prejudiced, making arbitrary decisions, and indulging in some of the wildest fantasies, these people are always adored. They are proud, aloof and frank. They establish lofty ideals at an early age, and require others to have same ideals.

It is difficult to compete with people born in the year of the dragon, because they are strong and decisive, but not cunning. They like to win success by relying on their own strength, and they are often disgusted with those playing tricks. Due to over-confidence and often misled by illusions, persons of this sort are slow to react to surrounding conspiracies and upcoming dangers, and usually cannot effect countermeasures in time. They are too proud to ask others for help, and will not withdraw even when there is great disparity in strength. They are frank, and never tell a lie.

A person born in the year of the dragon has clear objectives in life, never idling about. He must have a cause to strive for, an objective to be realized, and the opportunity to make mistakes. Without ambitious plans, and the ability to pull his forces together to start afresh after failure, he is like a train that cannot run because of a shortage of fuel.

Though people born in the year of the dragon have many shortcomings, their radiance lights up everyone. They are magnanimous, and never envy others.

Such a person finds pleasure in helping others, and you can always count on their help. They are extroverts who have a deep love for nature, and such a person may become a great travel buff, a good talker, or a sportsman.

A person born in the year of the dragon will either marry early or remain single. He will live a happy single life for he will be preoccupied by his work and career and will often be visited by his worshipers; therefore, he will not feel empty and lonely.

Such a person is neither extravagant nor stingy. In other words, he will be generous and will never care about whether he has made ends meet or not.

Such a person will not keep silent for long, and will struggle to free himself from distress sooner than others will. He is happy, and opposes gentleness. Being firm and persistent, courageous and resolute, he will give the least consideration to the consequences when striving to realize his aim, and will even plunge headlong into an abyss. He sees himself as coming into this world to realize his ideals. The more you might want to make him change his route so as to get around difficulties, the more he will become stubborn. He deserves to be called a pioneer, and will live up to expectations even when in a bad mood.

Such a person is frank, and can never disguise his intentions. He does not guard his thoughts as though they were hidden in a vase to keep secret. Even if he promises not to reveal a word, he may blurt it out when he gets angry.

He has true and sincere love, which comes from the depths of his heart. You can be sure of his true love.

If he is rude, he will probably have a strong destruction force.

People focus their attentions on persons born in the year of the dragon when they are present, and handle affairs according to their thinking. Such a person can arouse everyone's fervor, while he himself does not need to be encouraged, for he is energetic enough. You will never lose faith in an honest "dragon," for he seldom wavers, and will never be terribly suspicious. He has an innate explorative spirit, and tries to succeed at one stroke.

Though the "dragon" makes people feel dazzled, he is not a profound thinker, and only when he is able to control the magic power described in legends can he create wonders.

SpiderMan
02-09-2005, 01:22 PM
I once noticed (from a placemat at a Chinese buffet) that I was born in the year of the horse, but I can't remember what the supposed characteristics were! /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

SpiderMan

MosconiJr
02-09-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm a Monkey. Hopefully, my ancestor is not the monkey on the Super Bowl commercial kissing the bosses ass /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

MosconiJr

wolfdancer
02-09-2005, 02:03 PM
Found this on google...the Chinese had this Bush/Hussein imbroglio thing figured out:
George Bush was born on Metal Snake day of Wooden Horse month in the Fire Dog Year. His birth chart has too much Fire. Therefore Water and Metal are the lucky elements to Bush. He was born during the daylight saving time. Therefore his birth hour is Metal Rabbit.

George Bush has two Female Metal in Day and Hour of birth chart. Saddam Hussein has two Female Wood in the same location of the birth chart. Therefore, George Bush is the Saddam Hussein's blaster in the years of Water.
http://www.chinesefortunecalendar.com/pc/angel/BushSaddam.htm

dg-in-centralpa
02-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I'm a Boar(not bore).People born in the Year of the Boar are honest and tolerant and make good friends, but tend to expect the same from everyone else, and more often than not they end up disappointed. They thrive in the arts as entertainers.

Famous people born in the Year Of The Boar:
Bamber Gascoigne, Dudley Moore, David Bowie, Elton John Gerry Rafferty

DG - kind of fits me, but I'm no entertainer

nAz
02-09-2005, 05:32 PM
hehe i was born in the year of the [censored] go figure /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Keith Talent
02-10-2005, 01:10 AM
Another Boar checking in ... and spouse is a Horse, the dreaded Fire Horse, in fact. Had she been Asian, she'd have been lucky to have survived the plots of relatives intent on preserving family honor, I'm told.

Rich R.
02-10-2005, 04:34 AM
According to your link, I was born in the Year of the Tiger. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Tigers are said to be bold and adventurous, and are bestowed with initiative and charm. However, they have a tendency to be risk takers, making them act before they think about the consequences. They tend to make good bosses, explorers or racing drivers.

Famous people born in the Year Of The Tiger:
David Bailey, Michael Ball, Stanley Baxter, Chuck Berry, Richard Branson, Mel Brooks, Tom Cruise, Jodie Foster, Elliot Gould, Harriet Harman, Timothy Mo, Bruce Oldfield, Lord David Owen, Jonathan Porrit, Oliver Reed, John Schlesinger, Pam Shriver, Pamela Stephenson

cheesemouse
02-10-2005, 08:12 AM
Dam I'm a Dog.......I guess I'll go find a nice spot to cozy with Dolly Pardon...I can handle that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dtomasi
02-10-2005, 09:29 AM
It looks like I'm a snake. Oh well, at least I'm not venomous.