PDA

View Full Version : Expert advice needed on stance

superstroke
02-10-2005, 01:50 AM
I shoot left handed, can someone give me a better idea of foot position for a stance that will allow my stroke arm to be isolated and not so close to my body. I'm 6 ft and get really low on the cue (my chin touches the cue sometimes)

pooltchr
02-10-2005, 04:16 AM
Without seeing you shoot, it's kinda difficult. The best suggestion is to get someone to work with you. Get your stroke, arm, shoulder, elbow all in alignment, then while holding that steady, adjust your stance until it is comfortable. It might involve turning a bit closer to a snooker type square stance, or simply moving your back foot a bit further back from the table.
If you can grab a couple of hours with Scott Lee when he is around, that would probably be your best bet.
Don't know it this helps or not, but in the forum, it's about the best I can offer.
Steve

JimS
02-10-2005, 05:07 AM
I"m almost 6 ft & left handed. Mark Wilson told me that the butt of the cue should be over my left toes. Feet placed at 45 degree to the shot, right arm fully extended for the bridge, left hand in back of the wrap. This position got my left arm away from my body and allows for a nice follow through with my fist finishing at my chest.

DickLeonard
02-10-2005, 07:54 AM
Pooltchr it's been 35 years or so but Larry Hubbard played with his back foot way back and that brought him shooting down the cue like us short people. It worked for him it can work for others. I don't know if accu stats has any tapes of him playing.####

pooltchr
02-10-2005, 08:28 AM
The last time I worked with Randyg, he had me make that adjustment. It allows me to get lower on the shot without straining the lower back. It's amazing how much difference such a small adjustment can make.
Steve

superstroke
02-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Thank you