PDA

View Full Version : www.europeanpoolchampionships.com

Berry
02-10-2005, 04:12 AM
Dear poolpeople,

Please note the new website for the European Pool Championships. They will be in the Netherlands from 20 till 30 April 2005. Europeans best players will batle for the medals.

www.europeanpoolchampionships.com (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com)

Regards,

Berry

Berry
02-10-2005, 07:43 AM
No comments or suggestions?

Tom_In_Cincy
02-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Comments:
Great to see 14.1 included in the euro contests.

The website is only 60% at best completed. Lots of 'more to come' statements. Poor Form to introduce this site to a forum with only a partially completed website.

Very glad that there is a wheelchair section

I like the player profile section (will be great when it's completed.)

Will the player section include won-loss records?

yegon
02-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I am looking forward to the championships.

Comments?

The design of the website is not the best /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif but that's ok, the content matters.

Berry
02-11-2005, 12:42 AM
Thank you for your comments. Please note that we are awaiting a lot of information from all the country's.
Believe me, that we will have the website full with information by the time the tournament starts.

Yes the profiles will include a win / loss record during the tournament and most games will have a life scoring system so everyone can follow it rack by rack.

Check out www.europeanpoolchampionships.com (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com)

/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Voodoo Daddy
02-11-2005, 11:38 AM
If you go...talk to Stephane Cohen, a nice guy with big time game. Tell him to come back to the USA soon, we miss his talent.

Bob_Jewett
02-11-2005, 11:54 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Berry:</font><hr> ... Europeans best players will battle for the medals.
... <hr /></blockquote>
Sadly, there are no US National Championships, except for Juniors. While some men's and women's tournaments may be billed as such, they don't meet the most basic requirements for national championships.

Beaver
02-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Are there any people from this forum going besides me ? If yes let me know so that we could meet there and talk pool :P

Berry
02-16-2005, 01:55 AM
You are going to the European Pool Championships?
As a player or as a supporter?

If you are a player please send in your name and profile so we can update the information.

Other please check: www.europeanpoolchampionships.com (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com)

Wally_in_Cincy
02-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Berry,

It looks like CCBer Brent from Estonia is taking his Lucasi to the tourney along with 4 other guys from his country. Tell him I said hi and good luck.

I wonder if Marek from Czech Rep. is playing.

Berry
02-16-2005, 07:14 AM
hopefully they will visit this site and see that there is a website! But if I speak to them on the EPC then I will say HI!

Berry
02-17-2005, 12:25 AM
Update your own Player Profile

Statistics show us that many poolfans have already taken a peek at our website. One of the things heard is that it looks a bit empty because for example the player profiles aren't filled yet.

If your name already appears on this site, your entry is confirmed at the EPBF. Your name is added to our database but your player profile is still empty. At the accreditation, every player will be asked to fill in a player profile so that all info will be uo-to-date as the tournament starts.

But why wait?
Send us your player profile now and we'll update your personal information immediately !!

Go to the website and click on latest news

It would help us a lot if you could send a picture of yourself in action as well. Your "official" picture will be taken on the day of accreditation, but for the time being we can use the one you send us.

Go to the website and click on latest news

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get ready for the European Championships 2005. 20 till 30 April in Veldhoven the Netherlands!

Berry
02-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Also check out the pictures from last year and the download section on www.europeanpoolchampionships.com (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com)

Berry
02-28-2005, 12:12 AM
Frederique Rijsdijk will be the official photographer of the European Pool Championships 2005. Rijsdijk has a lot of experience both as a player (Dutch Champion Teams with Dijkje Tornado's) and photographer. He has covered many major events already and we're delighted that he is added to the team.

To get a real good impression of his skills and style of photography, we've added two sample galleries to the "Photo Galleries" section. Both series were made during the Weert Open 2005, last january. The saturday-series covers the ultimate Ringgame as well. A fantastic showdown of the topplayers who were present in Weert. Bustamante, Engert, Van den Berg, Souquet, Feijen, Chamat and Immonen battled it out in this 10-ball ringgame.

marek
03-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Hi Wally!
I have to tell you that I wont go to EC because I wasted my chance to get to national squad. First half of the season was great for me but then I started to suffer from insomnia before the competitions and my results suffered accordingly. Recently I started with psychotherapy to solve this problem. Generally my doctor says that my mind tries to "prevent" me from getting success. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif
Well I guess I have to work on my mind as well as my technique.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Berry
03-02-2005, 12:01 AM
I am sorry to hear that Marek and hopefully you will be on the squat next year. For the Chech republic the players are not yet anounced...

Maybe you can come over as a suporter on this great tournament.

Regards,

Berry

marek
03-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Yeah Berry, our national squad is not announced yet beacause there is still one qualifying tournament to be played. But I can tell you with high probability that Roman Hybler, Lukas Krenek and Jakub Jelinek will go to EC. There is a chance that Jakub Jelinek may be replaced by Jan Janata but this is not very likely. Our national squad should be officially announced by March 8-th.
I expect that Roman Hybler will grab some of the medals once again as he had great season so far. He is 10-th in eurotour ranking and his win/loss ratio in bundesliga is 15:1 with his only loss to Thorsten Hohmann.

marek
03-02-2005, 03:02 AM
And as for myself...
I definitelly can play a good game of pool. Now I have to work on my mind to be ready for success. Its really strange how the mind can sometimes work. You can do anything possible to be great player but if your own mind betrays you it really pi..es you off. It is really hard to find motivation to practice when you know that the whole shipload of work DOESNT pay off. Well in fact it does but your mind prevents you to show it in competition. Have you ever tried to play decent pool after only 4 hours of sleep? Almost impossible (well for me..), it is only struggle for survival. Yeah, you can tell that this only strenghtens me for my future battles but MAN this IS frustrating!!! The knowledge of my true speed makes this situation even worse. But wtf I have gone through the slumps in the past, I will defeat this "pseudo-slump" too.
Wish me luck!

SPetty
03-02-2005, 08:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Wish me luck! <hr /></blockquote>Best of luck to you, marek. Keep us posted!

Stretch
03-02-2005, 11:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> And as for myself...
I definitelly can play a good game of pool. Now I have to work on my mind to be ready for success. Its really strange how the mind can sometimes work. You can do anything possible to be great player but if your own mind betrays you it really pi..es you off. It is really hard to find motivation to practice when you know that the whole shipload of work DOESNT pay off. Well in fact it does but your mind prevents you to show it in competition. Have you ever tried to play decent pool after only 4 hours of sleep? Almost impossible (well for me..), it is only struggle for survival. Yeah, you can tell that this only strenghtens me for my future battles but MAN this IS frustrating!!! The knowledge of my true speed makes this situation even worse. But wtf I have gone through the slumps in the past, I will defeat this "pseudo-slump" too.
Wish me luck!
<hr /></blockquote>

I feel your pain...many times /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But then i cought myself. Turns out i was just over committed and focused on results and great performances. Life just aint a series of great performances. LOL the desire to win and improve can be too consumeing. You end up too tense and too serious about the game...and life. Like the old saying goes "We're not going to get out of here alive, so may as well have some fun while we're here".

Most often what we desire comes along when we stop trying so hard. If you take your ability and do the best you can with it then you should be happy. I know you'll get there, and i'm rootin for ya!!

In the end you will love the game of pool for what it teaches you about yourself. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif St.

Berry
03-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Roman Hybler is a very good player and a outsider for some medals. But the Dutch, German, Finnish squats are looking pretty sharp as well. And who will beat the number one on the Eurotourranking: Niels Feijen!!

Check out www.europeanpoolchampionships.com (http://www.europeanpoolchampionships.com)
And Marek if you meet one of the players please let them send in their profile true the website to keep it up to date.

Regards,

Berry

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote marek:</font><hr> Yeah Berry, our national squad is not announced yet beacause there is still one qualifying tournament to be played. But I can tell you with high probability that Roman Hybler, Lukas Krenek and Jakub Jelinek will go to EC. There is a chance that Jakub Jelinek may be replaced by Jan Janata but this is not very likely. Our national squad should be officially announced by March 8-th.
I expect that Roman Hybler will grab some of the medals once again as he had great season so far. He is 10-th in eurotour ranking and his win/loss ratio in bundesliga is 15:1 with his only loss to Thorsten Hohmann. <hr /></blockquote>

marek
03-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Niels Feijen is trully incredible player, I watched him play during EC last year in Prague and his focus was second to none. And his 14-1 is really unbeatable...Roman Hybler shouldnt have made that ONE mistake in semifinals against him... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
And I will tell our players about the stats you want, dont worry! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Berry
03-03-2005, 06:49 AM
Niels is a great player but also Alex Lely is a very good player in our club.
Lets see if the Dutch team can get a good result just like last year.

Thank you for informing the players for their stats.
Also if you know some forums in your language please put up a link for the EPC.