PDA

View Full Version : some help from the forum artists

dvsmnstr
02-10-2005, 11:23 AM
hey guys the bar I work at has a pool team for the APA and we wanted to make up some shirts for the team (Uptown Bulldogs). I want to use the bar logo off my other shirt and just add a pool cue in his hand so it might need some altering. If anyone has some free time lets see what you can do.

http://mysite.verizon.net/rdane/uptownlogo.jpg

DavidMorris
02-10-2005, 11:31 AM
Does your bar not have the original artwork for the shirt design? That would be much easier to work from, and would probably be actual size. The image can be extracted from that photo with a little Photoshop work, but you'd have to very careful about scaling it up to shirt size (I'm assuming the logo fills the whole front or back of the shirt and isn't just a pocket logo?). A cue could also be added, but I don't know how "natural" it would look. If I get a chance tonight I might play around with it... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

dvsmnstr
02-10-2005, 12:46 PM
I could probably get the actual artwork, but i'm just trying to come up with a few idea's for the guys. Maybe throw a cue in his hand and remove the hotel on his arm and throw an 8ball in the middle of uptown and hotel.. thanks for any idea's you can come up with.

dvsmnstr
02-10-2005, 02:05 PM
something like this..

http://mysite.verizon.net/rdane/uptownlogopool8ball.jpg

DavidMorris
02-10-2005, 02:32 PM
Well, that's pretty much exactly what I was going to do, so it looks like you wouldn't need much help from me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

heater451
02-10-2005, 05:29 PM
That looks like it will work fine--just take it to your local t-shirt screenprinter.

If you can't get the original artwork, you will probably be charged a 'design fee', for the house artist to digitize it. That just means he'll re-draw it in Illustrator or Freehand to use in the computer. In fact, you could give him/her the digital photo, and they will "trace" over it.

=====================================