PDA

View Full Version : Reno Attractions?

Sid_Vicious
02-10-2005, 04:19 PM
Does anyone here know Reno, NV well enough to recommend things to see and do during my 5 day visit(with car rental) for the Nationals in May? Also, what's the pool hall scene in Reno besides the nationals itself???sid

wolfdancer
02-10-2005, 05:02 PM
Sid, the rooms change...the new ones are on S. Virginia St....but Keystone Cue is still there,5th and Keystone, and gets some action, small room, cheap rates, good hamburger.
It's in the Keystone shopping center, at 5th, not too far from the Sands. (on 4th)
About the only tourist attraction....the old former Harrah's Auto Collection, which has been parcelled off.... maybe the Bolwing Center???
Nice public golf course, Washoe at the end of Arlington St..
There's a "thrill" ride at the former MGM, where you can lose your lunch...or hit the tables and lose your lunch money.
It's a nice drive from Reno, thru Carson City, to Lake Tahoe.Little over an hour....and Good food at Harrah's Tahoe...also some great G.C. up there.
If you don't drink, gamble, ski, golf....or trout fish in the Truckee River ...there's always the Home Shopping Channel to watch.
Julie Hunter has a room, in Carson City, but nothing happened the few times I was there.
You can take a short trip to Virginia City for sightseeing, or head towards Fernley, and visit the Mustang Ranch...lots of action out there....you won't need your cue.

dg-in-centralpa
02-11-2005, 04:16 PM
Depends on which cue. The one for shooting or the one for fun.

DG - hmmmm.....I'd love to visit the mustang ranch and visit the mares

Tom_In_Cincy
02-11-2005, 05:59 PM
Sid,
You're only 80+ miles from Sacramento.. but most of the players will be in Reno for the Sands Pro event during the last week of May..

When are you going to be there?

Sid_Vicious
02-12-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks. I will be with GF, so non pool related is fine, but I imagine there will still be a hall or two she and I would like to drop into, she plays a little.

To paint the picture better, I'll arrive in Reno mid-day Monday 2nd getting the car right away, birthday is Tuesday and teams doesn't start until Wednesday, so I have extra time and a celebration in mind, pretty cool!!!Sid