PDA

View Full Version : Surprised!!!

wolfdancer
02-10-2005, 05:42 PM
...not one post commenting on Ward Churchill....so I'll post mine...A$$***e
Heard Colorado Gov. Bill Owens talk on the topic the other day.
Very impressive guy, and I see where he was called the best Gov. in America, by the National Review Mag.
AND a Master's Degree in Public Administration (can you top that, Arnie?)....awright, so it's from some school in Texas, but it still counts.

cueball1950
02-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I listened to him speak on an access Gov't channel last night. it was a replay from something taped on tuesday. he was surrounded by native american indians and was totally suppoerted by them. they were being led by none other than russell means. what i mean by surrounded is, they were acting as his body guards, they stood in a line al around the stage where he was speaking. after a while i just got tired of listening to all the drabble he was spewing on how the native americans got screwed over by the american people and on how in 1 county out there that there is a 90% unemployment rate on the reservation that makes up part of that county. and how the median income for that county is somewhere around 3500 per year...just got boring is all. but i will say this. he had a packed house and got alot of cheers.....................................mike

DickLeonard
02-11-2005, 06:25 AM
This could be the only time today I thimk. WE are a government of laws,we have the Bill of rights, Constitution,Congress,Executive branch etc. Laws are being passed every day to protect giant Corporations from the small man they injure.

The people who were here first have their land stolen from them and it is alright.

The slaves arrived in the 1600s and worked for nearly 200+ years and we set them free with no just compensation and that is alright.

The Oil,MilitaryIndustrial Complex makes Billions on are going to Iraq and the death benefit is 12,000 and our service men believe what they are doing is for the Good ole USA.

I am getting tired of thinking.####

Wally_in_Cincy
02-14-2005, 07:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DickLeonard:</font><hr>...The people who were here first have their land stolen from them and it is alright.
<hr /></blockquote>

The Indians slaughtered one another, engaged in cannibalism and human sacrifice and pushed each other back and forth across this continent for thousands of years before we got here.

The thought of the peaceful pre-Columbian Indian nation is a myth.

and BTW it turns out Churchill is not even an Indian. But he is an ignoramus.

Gayle in MD
02-14-2005, 07:47 AM
Wally,
May I ask, what does historical Indian behavior have to do with what was done to them by so called civilized people (white people) who migrated here? Are civilized people off the hook, so to speak, in the way they treat others, as long as those others are uncivilized? You are what you do.

As in all civilizations, there are varrying levels of intelligence and standards of behavior. Not all of the American Indian tribes were aggressive cannibals.

Whatever they were, that doesn't excuse the way they were treated, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md.

Wally_in_Cincy
02-14-2005, 09:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Gayle in MD:</font><hr> Wally,
May I ask, what does historical Indian behavior have to do with what was done to them by so called civilized people (white people) who migrated here? Are civilized people off the hook, so to speak, in the way they treat others, as long as those others are uncivilized? You are what you do.

As in all civilizations, there are varrying levels of intelligence and standards of behavior. Not all of the American Indian tribes were aggressive cannibals.

Whatever they were, that doesn't excuse the way they were treated, IMO.

Gayle in Md.

Gayle in Md. <hr /></blockquote>

I'm just saying it's somewhat hypocritical of Churchill and his ilk to play the martyrdom card when, in actuality, what the white people did to the Indians was no worse than what they did to each other.

Just adding some context to the debate.